• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

AW Teleport

Gargon667

Mentor
This is something the devs could do to at least alleviate the problem that many people have with the new tourney system.

If AWs were made teleportable, people could teleport AWs instead of deleting them, which would cause a LOT less bad blood I am sure.

It would also increase the value of the Spire for supplying those teleports.

It would also open up a new strategy to teleport AWs for a short term like 1 or 2 tourneys and then replace the AWs to the city.

It is not actually as difficult to program as is always given as the reason for not doing it earlier. Simply treat AWs as any other event buildings with a chapter. The chapter would then be the level of the AW. The only information lost in the process would be the contributions of half finished levels (be it KP or runes), but that would hardly be a big loss, just write in the warning message before the teleport that any contributions in unfinished levels will be lost. The only real programming needed is the change from chapter to level (which is of course not chapter dependent). It may not be elegant, but it is relatively simple and would help a lot.

Pauly7

Magus
I would love AWs to be teleportable. The reason they give that they can't be doesn't seem to make much sense to me either. I'm sure they could get over that... It would also be a big help in Fellowship Adventures.

On a side note, I've said it before somewhere, but considering AWs are now included in the tournament calculation and never were before, I would like to be given an option to downgrade an Ancient Wonder... preferably giving some sort of refund, even if only partial.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I would welcome to be able to teleport wonders too. I cannot imagine it too complicated to store their full stats either.

I disagree however that this should not be a remedy to the upcoming tournament changes. Ancient Wonders are the most glorious buildings in Elvenar. They are the major reward for playing a chapter. Never ever should we even think about deleting them, else there is something severely broken.

FieryArien

Necromancer
It would also open up a new strategy to teleport AWs for a short term like 1 or 2 tourneys and then replace the AWs to the city.
Based on info from beta, the squad size in the new tournament is determined at the beginning of the tournament. Stuff you do during the tournament (AW upgrades, research, placing expansions) doesn’t update it. Your above mentioned strategy could be easily abused by teleporting the biggest wonder(s) just “over the start of the tournament”.

This is something the devs could do to at least alleviate the problem that many people have with the new tourney system.

If AWs were made teleportable, people could teleport AWs instead of deleting them, which would cause a LOT less bad blood I am sure.
While in general I’m for being able to teleport wonders, I don’t see any connection with tournament changes. Why would teleporting a wonder be any consolation for me? Will I go looking at it in the inventory? Will I place it in my town from time to time just for fun? No, I don’t think so. It’s effectively the same as deleting the wonder, just without the act of deleting it.

TLDR: Teleporting wonders? Yes. Is such a teleport some consolation during the new tournament? No.

Hekata

Artisan
I'm all for the teleporting Aws option, it would be brutal if I had so sell some of them but the possibility of abuse did occur to me too. But maybe it can be coded so the Aws can only be teleported when the Spire and the tournaments are not active. That way if you teleport it prior to either of them you can't bring them back while they are on.

Although I must say I mostly agree with @RainbowElvira here, we shouldn't be placed in the position to even conciser selling or teleporting Aws in the first place.

Gargon667

Mentor
Based on info from beta, the squad size in the new tournament is determined at the beginning of the tournament. Stuff you do during the tournament (AW upgrades, research, placing expansions) doesn’t update it. Your above mentioned strategy could be easily abused by teleporting the biggest wonder(s) just “over the start of the tournament”.

That is exactly the strategy I am talking about lol.

About it being a consolation
While in general I’m for being able to teleport wonders, I don’t see any connection with tournament changes. Why would teleporting a wonder be any consolation for me? Will I go looking at it in the inventory? Will I place it in my town from time to time just for fun? No, I don’t think so. It’s effectively the same as deleting the wonder, just without the act of deleting it.

The consolation is that you can bring it back, when you want to have it again, be it because you are less interested in tourneys or maybe because the positive effect is or becomes again more important than the cost.
An AW sold is gone forever an AW teleported is ready to go as soon as any changes happen.

Pauly7

Magus
Perhaps if teleporting an AW meant that you couldn't put it back in your city for 30 days. That way you aren't going to move them in and out to suit the situation, but you do have an opportunity to reverse your decision should you decide you've made a mistake.

Julian

Sorcerer
What if you disconnect the AW from the road network? You don't get many of its benefits. Would it count towards the tournaments or not?

FieryArien

Necromancer
What if you disconnect the AW from the road network? You don't get many of its benefits. Would it count towards the tournaments or not?
I was also wondering about that! Well, it remains to be tested I guess (but my testing plans for the first two tournaments are different).
For example if I disconnect an Armory, my bonus training size from Shrooms wonder goes down. So if I disconnect a wonder, my “bonus tournament squad size” should go down too, no? ;-)

Pauly7

Magus
I'm guessing it would make no difference. I can't imagine the way they formulate tournament squad size being dependent on road connections. If it did, it would be a mistake that they would soon correct or otherwise everyone would just disconnect all their AWs before playing a tournament round.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I would love AWs to be teleportable. The reason they give that they can't be doesn't seem to make much sense to me either. I'm sure they could get over that... It would also be a big help in Fellowship Adventures.

On a side note, I've said it before somewhere, but considering AWs are now included in the tournament calculation and never were before, I would like to be given an option to downgrade an Ancient Wonder... preferably giving some sort of refund, even if only partial.

I do not have the absolute answer, but I know a bit of code. To teleport a residence, it only needs two entries in your very own databases that is your city, and your book. (You have several more, most likely, like your tree, spells, RSS, former guest race RSS, etc, but for this topic, its those two.)
However, AW needs KPs too, and they have also their own section, as they have their own code. Most likely, INNO would need to have more databases in their server for each ancient wonder teleported for each player, and that would slow down the game vastly, it is how servers work, they are quite complicated for a small business that is big enough to need one, but for games, it is way more complicated and expensive. We all like a fast game, right? RAM is pricey for private dedicate servers or VPSs, and you need a sum of things. INNO has that, but still, it has its limit, as, again, this is not www.somerandombusiness.net, its a game, and its writing constantly hundreds of databases as we are playing, every single collection..., and that loads the server. That's why the game jump a bit when FA arrives because we all add +100 T1s, and that is a lot of new entries in your database/city. Your city without "CSS" and some other engines, would be plain text and links.

It's simpler with level up buildings, but still will require either extra code, or human help to put the building (base form) back in the book, and generate X level up items where X= the level it had. Easier and cheaper than AWs, but still is a nuisance. The AW are a bit of an issue though, let's see what happens, a lot of tourney stuff is not final.

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor

Your AW level count does not depend on the building being connected. As long as you have the AW in your city it counts.