• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

AW donations

DeletedUser8301

@Heartman - what on earth are you on about? It's not setting the rules and expecting others to follow suit, it's merely requesting, politely, that someone respects other's wishes and space. You should know, after being in our fs, that we are very harmonious and likeable people!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8409

I take your points and yes, I realise it is not against any rules to hunt, but surely, after you have received an initially nice mail asking if you wouldn't mind hunting elsewhere, wouldn't it be the decent thing to look at the many thousands of other players available instead of deliberately being pig-headed and annoying others who are trying to enjoy a harmonious style of play?
No.

If you don't bother to use kp threads then don't blame others who seek kp due to your own actions. It is only your actions that makes it possible. Stop it with action, not messages.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Please draw a line under this thread. I didnt realise I open a can of worms
Lol, yes, you did. :D
Don’t worry, though. If you feel you said all you wanted, don’t post more posts here. People will continue arguing even without your presence and you can’t do anything about it. It is strong topic after all.

There are weird moments when I appreciate playing in the app for odd reasons. This time it’s the missing list of participants in my wonders. I can’t get angry about something I simply don’t know. :D

DeletedUser8409

Speaking as 'a wolf' if anyone wants to gift me some free kps into one of my AWs I would appreciate it any time. Currently working on Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms if you're feeling generous ;):D

DeletedUser5093

I've honestly never understood this attitude. You get free KP on your wonders, and a prize that would otherwise go unclaimed and wasted is collected by another player. It's not like you could get that prize. And if you'd really prefer to see that prize go to a friend or fellow instead, just explicitly message that friend or post in your fellowship chat when you're getting close to upgrading, and let them know there's easy prizes available if they want them. There's literally no downside to this.

I don't know about you guys, but I purposely hold off on upgrading my wonders if there are still some unclaimed prizes, and I will actively encourage others to add 1 KP or so, just so the prize isn't wasted. Any gift I receive is a welcome gift, regardless of whether it was given for selfish reasons.

And while it's fairly common to see one or two players from outside my fellowship putting a tiny amount of KP on one of my wonders in the hope of getting a prize, I've never experienced a 'pack of wolves' i.e. lots of players doing the same. That just sounds like lots of free KP, instead of a little bit. Frankly I'd love to encourage that sort of behaviour. *places dog biscuits next to Dragon Abbey and whistles*

Lelanya

Mentor
Hi @ VIP2
Stick to your guns. Yes, there are Hunters out there who spend a lot of time looking for KP instants and call it 'helping'. Some of them even turn up on the Forum and try to put folks who are soliciting an opinion on the defensive.
Those who don't understand, don't know what is really going on.
I maintain standards, about helping vs stealing, in my crew. Best of luck, and write me in game if need be :)

Killiak

Artisan
There is a very simple solution to keeping out Hunters, and that's by employing KP swap hreads in your fellowship.
You won't lose any KP that way, your AW's will grow, and all rewards will remain with your FS since there will be zero benefit for Hunters.

You can discuss this for another 100 pages, but it will not change the above statement. Good luck!

DeletedUser8301

No.

If you don't bother to use kp threads then don't blame others who seek kp due to your own actions. It is only your actions that makes it possible. Stop it with action, not messages.
We do use KP threads and intruder threads which is how we all know that you lot are pilfering from us. You belong to the wolf pack, the very fs that is guilty of attempting to steal from us, so I would expect you to be defending your actions, honour amongst thieves! Oh well, we have a very strong and solid fs so unless you're prepared to donate huge amounts to my fellows then you'll always end up losing the KP you donate!

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
A can of worms indeed.
For me its very simple, if you dont wanna get free kp from strangers, you make sure all the chests are given out before its almost completely full. That can be done in wondermail, or simply by asking players to add some kp before you fill it yourself.

If you fill your wonder alone, ofcourse its a waste that nobody is taking the chests and the first person to see it, will add some kp to it to prevent the chests from being lost. I think thats very generous of that player to be so considered to prevent inno from getting free kp and runes.

Never ever, on any of my accounts has a stranger donated kp in any of my wonders and got away with a chest. With the exception of someone who wants the runes real bad and thus donates a huge amount of kp.

DeletedUser8409

We do use KP threads and intruder threads which is how we all know that you lot are pilfering from us. You belong to the wolf pack, the very fs that is guilty of attempting to steal from us, so I would expect you to be defending your actions, honour amongst thieves! Oh well, we have a very strong and solid fs so unless you're prepared to donate huge amounts to my fellows then you'll always end up losing the KP you donate!
There's no such thing as stealing in this game, it is not a PvP game.

If we give you KP then just say thank you, not accuse us of theft. If we get a reward then you didn't bother to put more into each others than we did. End of story.

PS I've never even heard of an "intruder thread" before or have any idea why one would be necessary lol!

Killiak

Artisan
We do use KP threads

Good.

However, due to this thread I went and checked your FS, and noticed that a lot of your members are still filling their own AW. If you are using KP threads, then ALL of the KP should go towards these threads, no self-filling AW's whatsoever. As I said before, that's truly the ONLY way to deter hunters.
What I am saying is; start using those threads properly then, if you really want to keep hunters and fishers out.

Oh well, we have a very strong and solid fs so unless you're prepared to donate huge amounts to my fellows then you'll always end up losing the KP you donate!

Interestingly enough, it seems you have only been dealing with fishers so far. The actual hunters will not give you a chance to push them out of the rewards.

Also, your accusations are pointless. It's part of the game, wether you like it or not. You have been given advice on how you can stop this; The Pack will hunt, it's up to you if you'll continue to be prey.

DeletedUser8154

The fs I used to be in operated a wonder society (I'm still there with a smaller city now). You want to be keeping all the chests in the fellowship to get the best out of that. One of my neighbours has donated lots of kp to my wonders, enough to get a chest or two, despite the WS. Ok, so we lost the chests, but in order to get them she had donated around 150kp! That's a gift for the whole fs, as far as I can see. She's a solo player and I have tried inviting her to join, but no response so far.

DeletedUser8301

I'm bored with this thread now, we will never be prey to anyone and I'm so glad that I have chosen 24 other people who have morals and principles to be part of my team. Keep doing whatever you want if you get some sort of twisted pleasure from it but you won't benefit from us, that's a fact. Good luck and see you around.

DeletedUser8316

I totally understand what you are saying VIP2, there are vultures out there who are deliberately targeting the 'smaller' players who need less KP to reach upgrade status. We have the same fs, Pack of Wolves, notably the AM himself, leeching on our fs and attempting to steal the chests which my lower level players could be benefiting from. The AM has a score of over 800K so I politely messaged him and asked if he wouldn't mind moving on to another fs but instead, he has got other members of his fs to do likewise. Yes we have an intruder alert thread to counter this but why are folk so damned greedy and stupid?
Where is the problem? You can't get this chests by yourself, your fellows don't care about them either if u still get few people donating KPs to your wonder. How you can call it "leeching" if you still benefit from that? LOL

DeletedUser6862

Life's like that - constantly bumping into people with a different value set than mine.

For the recipient this is clearly a win, for the donor this is only a win if the recipients FS doesn't donate more than the intruder AND the intruder has contributed less KP than the prize.

You can attribute whatever motives you like to intruders but it's a gamble for them and a wake-up call to your FS to start swapping all their KP instants to others in the FS. Once a hunter sees this happening they will stop intruding. Any extra KP you get after that is either a magnificent donation from a generous player or results from novice exploration.

davemc

Bard
I dont see the problem. We have a KP swap in our fellowship. Not everybody takes part but if i see one of the members that are close to finishing and they have spare chests i just post in chat and say such abody needs 6 kp to finish and thre are 2 chests left so the FS gain the benefit. If the wolves are donating to small players its their loss. As small Aws only give out small rewards

Pauly7

Magus
Oh well, we have a very strong and solid fs so unless you're prepared to donate huge amounts to my fellows then you'll always end up losing the KP you donate!
In which case what on earth is being argued about? There is no problem. Those people fishing for a rune or a few KP don't get them... Exactly how it should be when a FS has a decent swapping system.

The opportunists will donate a few KP into Wonders not being donated to anyway... And no one loses.

PS I've never even heard of an "intruder thread" before or have any idea why one would be necessary lol!
Me either.