• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

AW donations

VIP2

Alchemist
Can anyone explain why high ranking fellows donate a few KP to the AWs of low ranking fellows.
Pure greed?

Julian

Sorcerer
When an aw upgrades, the players who donated to it win a prize. If this is an unsolicited gift, they are hoping to win more than they put in. Of course, most good fellowships will have a kp exchange system. Then you get back what you put in, and the prizes are a bonus.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Who's being robbed?

Its more like charity if anything.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I am in dwarves, and if I see a player who is smaller than me, maybe I drop them 5 KP. I sometimes find random people dropping 5 KPs in my AW, and it is always lovely. Sometimes, to bigger players where I have runes from all chapters till constructs (except elvenar of course hehe). I have 12 for Maze of the Dark Matter, and I repeat, I am in dwarves... It is good to donate both bigger, and smaller. And yes, you may get less back, you need to be willing to gift.

I think this system only allows room for gratitude as well as winning bigger if FS trades are on.

VIP2

Alchemist
I agree wholeheartedly when neighbours help each other. BUT it is a different kettle of fish when a whole pack of wolves descend on every AW in your fellowship. It is more beneficial if the chests can all be kept within the fs. May I add that we do have active AW swap threads, but it can be a bit tedious keeping our eye on them all

DeletedUser8409

People will only descend if you've made it worthwhile and they are gIving away kp in order to get those chests. This is a game and that is fair game if you get free kp from someone else just say thank you and move on.

Julian

Sorcerer
Never received a gift myself. However, the only gifts I've seen other people get are of 1 or 2 KP, with the givers hoping for a prize of 5. Our fellowship has a very active exchange system, so they'd certainly never get any of the bigger prizes.

Hekata

Artisan
It's funny there is a player on the Beta forum who keeps complainant over and over about players putting just a few kps in their Aws in order to get the prizes. They have even asked that Aws can only be filled by ourselves with no possibility of anyone else donating and have made numerous suggestion on how to prevent players from doing it.
I honestly fail to see what is the problem with people giving a few Kps in the hope of getting more?
1. we can't get prizes for our own Aws anyway
2. that's a few free kps for you too
3. if you have a swapping FS system they won't get much if anything
3. no one is stopping you from doing the exact same thing. Finding wonders to donate a few kps and get more in return. You can even visit the city of the player who has donated 1 or 2 kps to your wonder and do the same and see if it pays out ;)

What is the downside of it? :)

DeletedUser8301

I totally understand what you are saying VIP2, there are vultures out there who are deliberately targeting the 'smaller' players who need less KP to reach upgrade status. We have the same fs, Pack of Wolves, notably the AM himself, leeching on our fs and attempting to steal the chests which my lower level players could be benefiting from. The AM has a score of over 800K so I politely messaged him and asked if he wouldn't mind moving on to another fs but instead, he has got other members of his fs to do likewise. Yes we have an intruder alert thread to counter this but why are folk so damned greedy and stupid?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I think you are focussing too much on a potential loss than on the real benefit you get. You think that if someone gets a 5 KP chest for a 1 KP donation, your fellowship looses 4 KP. The more likely scenario is that your FS would have completely missed the opportunity and lost the 1 KP.

Personally, I'm grateful for any donation I get, be it from my fellows or friendly neighbors. And I would not mind the occasional KP from an AW hunter.

Paladestar

Enchanter
I totally understand what you are saying VIP2, there are vultures out there who are deliberately targeting the 'smaller' players who need less KP to reach upgrade status. We have the same fs, Pack of Wolves, notably the AM himself, leeching on our fs and attempting to steal the chests which my lower level players could be benefiting from. The AM has a score of over 800K so I politely messaged him and asked if he wouldn't mind moving on to another fs but instead, he has got other members of his fs to do likewise. Yes we have an intruder alert thread to counter this but why are folk so damned greedy and stupid?

It's part of the game. If you want to deny hunters, then work with your fellows to never leave any of your AWs in a huntable state! A KP hunter's ability to be able to hunt from any wonder, is totally dependant on the owner and how well they choose to coordinate with their fellows.

My fellows and I are prolific hunters and if anyone ever complains they just get told that it's within their own power to prevent in future, per my opening paragraph above. We get far more 'thank you' mails than grumpy mails though, so on the whole, most people appreciate their free KP.

Pauly7

Magus
As @Paladestar says, it's part of the game. I have been known, mostly earlier in the game, to go hunting for specific AWs that haven't been donated to, specifically as I was looking for extra particular rune shards.

This can never be to do with the 'power' of a bigger player as all they can ever be doing is giving you 2 or 3kp so that they can get a reward of 5kp (or some such).

If no one in your FS has donated 5kp by the time a wonder updates then someone else deserves that reward. In our FS once an AW upgrades you would probably need to have invested 50kp just to get onto the bottom rung of the ladder.

This isn't too far different from if someone complained about people giving them Neighbourly Help.

DeletedUser8301

I take your points and yes, I realise it is not against any rules to hunt, but surely, after you have received an initially nice mail asking if you wouldn't mind hunting elsewhere, wouldn't it be the decent thing to look at the many thousands of other players available instead of deliberately being pig-headed and annoying others who are trying to enjoy a harmonious style of play?

DeletedUser5532

I take your points and yes, I realise it is not against any rules to hunt, but surely, after you have received an initially nice mail asking if you wouldn't mind hunting elsewhere, wouldn't it be the decent thing to look at the many thousands of other players available instead of deliberately being pig-headed and annoying others who are trying to enjoy a harmonious style of play?
If you do not like a certain part of the game, maybe you should petition the developers to change that part of the game to suit yourself, rather than insulting other players and expecting them to play your way, just because you asked them. It is unreasonable to set the rules of the game yourself, and then expect others to follow those rules.

VIP2

Alchemist
OUCH - I don't think I deserved that, but hey ho so be it. I will continue to help my team and neighbours as I have done for over 4 years
I would never dream of asking for rules to be changed for my benefit.