• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

AW chests - opting out of donations from outside your Fellowship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that us app players can donate to other players’ AWs within our FS and can see who has donated to ours we have become more aware of players outside our Fellowship taking the big chests. I know this is discussed on other threads so will not elaborate on the ethics of this here. In our FS we have a young mum with a new baby, a player who has been seriously ill and in & out of hospital, other players who are carers for family members - for them life has to come first. I would like them to have the chests from my AWs. I Would like to be able to opt out of donations from players outside my FS on my AWs - then those who are happy to have other players’ kp can opt in and players in more easy going Fellowships can opt out and keep AW donations and chests within their FS if they wish. This would put an end to all the conflict around this issue

DeletedUser

hello @Nedslove, I have forwarded your suggestion. It appears to be a concern for several players/fellowships.

DeletedUser9591

There are multiple ways to lock rewards within the FS.

I've noticed that most times outsiders take the top chests when FS members do not contribute the amount this chest is worth. Now if I would do simple maths, I would not see this as a well cooperating FS. Some players build AWs themselves, so those players will be penalised if similar suggestions will be implemented. I am personally more than happy if somebody from outside FS comes into my city and donates KPs (does not matter what is the amount). I understand this as help. Then why not to remove the option to donate at all? All frustrations will be gone :)

If this game will go that way, what next? Some players will start asking to lock the trading to the FS? One FS pitched against other?

I personally would like to see less dependence on FS and more focus on individual game, what means that locking something in the FS would be wrong direction.

Pauly7

Magus
Nothing needs to be locked into a fellowship anyway.

Wait... I'm not going to get drawn into this again. @Nedslove you said that you know this has been discussed on other threads. All the answers are in them.

DeletedUser9591

I just went to check this FS as it is in the same world where I play... If research requires hundreds KPs and other FS players put no more than 20KPs, no wonder why others are helping out. Obviously player receiving the donation from the outside benefits from it. If this request will be actioned, then I would like to request an option to block all donations, including from FS to avoid donations from opportunistic insiders if KP swaps do not exist or player decides not to participate :) with very low donations, most likely only few in the FS are benefiting and now somebody from the outside comes and gives more - issues with ethic? :) I do not appreciate similar attitude, which can be found in any FS btw. Even inside the FS there will be players who will calculate their rewards carefully and will be ultra competitive. It will not be possible to solve this ''problem'', the best way forward is to adjust one's individual strategy :)

Hekata

Artisan
I don't see what's the harm in adding this option. If it's just an option it doesn't change anything for those who don't want to use it, and some FS might like it.

DeletedUser9591

I don't see what's the harm in adding this option. If it's just an option it doesn't change anything for those who don't want to use it, and some FS might like it.

This game should facilitate cooperation between the players and not to cause the opposite effect - restrict the cooperation. Many things are down to FS already, in my opinion more than needed.
This proposal if actioned would simply kill donations from the outside players, hence players from less active and/or smaller FS and those who prefer to play solo (yes, I know few who do not want to deal with the pressure applied by FS and play alone) will suffer the most. Players with better stats can easily get extra KPs from tournaments, as collective rewards when FS gets 10 chests and so on. They will stop helping out at all due to time implications.

This problem presented from the perspective of app player, who was helped out before and now probably sees that KP donations can give 0 return - for non-app players it was always like that. Certainly I read the initial post like complaint of app player who does not get big chests with a minimal donation.

As I wrote earlier, ask to restrict the trades then as outsiders might take trades and those who do not play regularly cannot get resources as and when they wish, and FS will need to get rid of players in order to balance the production of boosted goods within the FS. The arguments blatantly mixed with personal issues (some are too sensitive and should not be used in public domain at all) make no sense.

Pauly7

Magus
I bet if this kind of option exists then half of the fellowships who excitedly block 'outsiders' from donating to their Ancient Wonders still don't pick up their own AW bonuses. Call me a cynic.

Timneh

Artisan
If this game will go that way, what next? Some players will start asking to lock the trading to the FS?

I recall that this has been asked for a couple of times. People putting up trades for FA badges and players outside the FS taking them seemed to be the reason they asked for it.

The harm is that that option would stop some players from playing the way they normally do. A player that likes to donate to other peoples AWs will not be able to do so any longer if that FS locks all AWs to FS donations only. Maybe it's only a small thing but it is still removing that players play style to a small degree.

The game does not need that feature. If a player from the FS wants a chest bad enough all they need to do is add 1 KP more than the person from outside the FS, if they don't want to do that they obviously don't want the chest very badly.

Pauly7

Magus
The harm is that that option would stop some players from playing the way they normally do. A player that likes to donate to other peoples AWs will not be able to do so any longer if that FS locks all AWs to FS donations only. Maybe it's only a small thing but it is still removing that players play style to a small degree.
This isn't actually a small thing necessarily. There are a lot of players who want to build an Ancient Wonder, but don't have the required rune shards. This situation is going to be on the rise since they made the change to make rune shards unavailable to win until you have unlocked that AW. These players (I have done it myself years ago when I wanted to quickly get the Mountain Halls) often spend long periods of time searching cities for someone who not only has the right AW, but is also active and is partway through upgrading it himself/herself. You then drop a few KP in and move onto the next. The hope is that once you've done that enough times then some bonus rune shards are going to come back.

If fellowships have the ability to lock their donations from anyone outside their own FS, (and some will do it just out if spite) then this option is taken away from those struggling players.

On a final note (I knew I'd get drawn in again) this isn't a facility that was developed for the benefit of Fellowships. Those people calling it scandalous or stealing really confuse me. Those who want to make it a fellowship benefit have to put their own work in to make it so.

Paladestar

Enchanter
Terrible idea. It's within a fellowship's power to make it impossible for KP hunters to strike. If your fellowship can't manage the tiny bit of coordination required to do this, then you're not a fellowship, you're merely a collection of individuals.

Pauly7

Magus
Terrible idea. It's within a fellowship's power to make it impossible for KP hunters to strike. If your fellowship can't manage the tiny bit of coordination required to do this, then you're not a fellowship, you're merely a collection of individuals.
Absolutely right @Paladestar, but it doesn't matter how many times people say it, they ignore it and repeat the same misplaced grievances over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.