• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
If there is a group large enough to 'boycott' the events until it changes, I will stay around and see if it helps!!!
Would someone start a petition to boycott next event post please? I would do so myself, but quite frankly am afraid of the backlash... this forum has a few um... unfriendly... players who are not shy about being rude.

In any case I would 100% support the boycott.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
I dont think a boycott thread would make any real difference on this forum(as has been pointed out by a few people that not many read this forum:rolleyes:).
Get one started on the Beta forum or better yet get the beta testers to stop beta testing events:D would Inno release events that are full of bugs and balancing issues that will cause players to stop playing them?
Just remember there are alot more Forums and servers than this one.

DeletedUser

Muf-Muf said:
Thanks to our ongoing data analyses on the event, we can see that the event difficulty and player progression are currently at the intended level, and that many players are already successful in upgrading their Bears - with rates comparable to previous events such as Summer Solstice and Summer Mermaids.
With so many complaints, and seeing so many struggle around me, I HIGHLY doubt this is a true statement. If all future events are going to be a struggle like this I expect an exodus for you, unless it is intended to get rid of your high level players then your doing great!

I'm a strategy/planner/city builder kind of guy, this game always was: Build your city how YOU like it. Think of the best strategies, plan your path!
Sadly now all the golden glory this game had has already rubbed off in 2 events time...

This game is no fun no more for my kind of playstyle! If the next event is going to be at this difficulty level I'm gone (Not a threat, and nobody at Inno will care anyway).

I have had a good thinking about the way the game is going, and I do not anticipate a change, as per the official statement from Inno.
Like I said I am a 'strategy/planner/city builder kind of guy' and that has been taken away from me. I am beyond frustrated with the game, even when I am working on a 4th bear and doing better then most, the time, boringness, frustration and effort do not weigh up to the fun it should give me.
I guess I am better off just to go to a certain game buy site and buy a city builder game.

Good luck and have a great life all, I am gone (Till Inno comes to it's senses)

Last edited by a moderator:

valle

Soothsayer
I prefer this type of event compared to how it used to be.

The reason is that I want the event to be some sort of a challenge. Earlier with known list of quests the only challenge were to make room for a lot of tiny buildings. If you did that you were more or less guaranteed to be able to make all quests in the list, no challenge at all. But from reeding posts here it's obvious that many players just want the rewards with as little work as possible. That sort of play may be attractive for some but for me it is just boring.

I hope further FAs also will remove the need for all those 2x2 and 1x2 buildings. It is just silly to have to build tons of these chapter 1 buildings, they are for people in chapter 1 and 2.

DeletedUser

for me it is just boring.
We all are different, so this is good for you then, embrase it and love your game :)

For me it's boring to have a scout quest 7 times in a row.
For me it's unfair to have a luck based system, random is ok. But now it's just how the dice is rolling if you will make the event or not.
For me planning is fun
For me it is fun to have a playstyle of my own and look at others how they play it differently.
For me it's boring to, in the future, visit my neighbours and fellows and see all the same cities because of Inno's requirements
For me it was a challange to think of a strategy and build a game without need of factories/workshops
For me it's boring (and frustrating) to be stuck in chapters way longer because of high level buildings stuck in day long productions again and again.

If these requirements will go for FA too(, then that makes the Teleport spell obsolete too) we are for sure all going to be 13 in a dozen. As rebuilding won't be worth while inbetween events.

For me it's more fun to be different. But thats just me :)

Edited some typo's

Last edited by a moderator:

dbrad000

Alchemist
Based on the feedback received from the developers, they seem to have completely missed the point (which seems to be happening a great deal lately). With the randomized, endless quest system, of course players have the ability to achieve similar results compared to past events. The true problem is that this quest system is not fun, and the developers do not seem to realize that most players want to play this game to have fun.

The randomized, endless quest system is frustrating, annoying, and spiritless, all in an attempt to appeal to the gambling nature of our lizard brains. The end result is a change to the basic premise of the game; instead of being expected to spend money to receive positive rewards, we now have to spend money to avoid negative consequences. In the case of the current quest system, Inno expects us to spend money to avoid the negative consequence of waiting for a series of woefully constructed quests to finish (spending money to avoid a negative consequence), whereas with the previous quest system, players only had to spend money to achieve the grand prize reward (spending money for a positive reward). Inno is likely making this change because they think they are approaching the game from a business perspective; the old system required only a relatively small payout to achieve a reward, but the new quest system allows unlimited payouts for unlimited rewards. The developers have obviously adopted the methods employed by games such as Candy Crush; the business execs just have to look at the money pouring in for Activision / King to see how exploiting an individual's gambling nature can show significant profit.

However, the developers also need to understand the reality of player turnover in games that exploit a player's gambling nature. Candy Crush Saga was downloaded 140 million times in 2018, but the game only saw revenue growth of 6.5 percent (source). In other words, despite the massive number of people downloading the game, most of the new players do not stay for long. Most players get their dose of dopamine, maybe drop a few dollars, and move on. I do not think this model will work for a game like Elvenar; the company may generate more revenue in the short-term (as new players download the game, spend a few dollars, and move on), but the developers are killing their long-term prospects because Inno is alienating many of the players who have been with the game for a long period of time.

I believe those of us who have been with the game for years recognize the drastic change the new quest system represents. Combined with the fact that the events are coming more often than they did previously, Inno appears to be trying to appeal to a different type of player--a player whose mindset relishes the short-term thrill of games of chance instead of games that rely on careful, strategic, long-term planning. In my estimation, Inno is alienating many of its players in an attempt to cash in with a playerbase with high turnover. I do not think this is a smart business decision; I just hope Inno realizes it before it's too late.

Pauly7

Magus
But from reeding posts here it's obvious that many players just want the rewards with as little work as possible.
I haven't heard that from anyone. I think you may be making that assumption as your preference is to have endless quests and endless rewards. People aren't complaining about the difficulty per se because they have still won as many, and most people more, grand prizes than they would have done before.

Personally my biggest complaint is Inno trying to force me to build many top level manufactories and workshops that I don't want. My second biggest complaint is the new system making it too easy for people willing to invest the time and/or money to win 4, 5, 6 evolving buildings when I really think it should be limited to 1. In taking that opportunity people are then crippling their cities and resources and nearly no one is left happy at the end of it.

Maillie

Spellcaster
My previous addiction was to a game that once was called "The King of MMOs," a game that I loved and played for a decade. That game had a closed Beta and only the ones with a key to get in could participate. I was the only one in our guild of over 400 that had that key. I was a Beta tester when a new lead developer came in and I tested their newest, latest, greatest concoction. It was horrible. All of the fun items from the previous expansion (chapter) were removed. We posted and posted and posted how much we hated everything. Our spells were removed. Our professions gone. Scenarios, guild runs, all the things that made the game so fun, gone. Even our characters were replaced with gnarlish faces with features that didn't fit. When anything was irreparably broken the answer from the lead dev was "Working as intended."

This game and its previous expansion had been so successful that over 10 million copies were presold before that expansion was launched. Once the new expansion landed, ignoring everything the Beta testers had posted, nearly all the players hated it. The game lost an average of over one million paying subscriptions a month, until it hit a new low that was as small as the first year it came out in 2004. The King of MMOs was brought to its knees.

The in-game effects of this were that mighty guilds became so small that they couldn't put together the fun dungeon runs and raids that had made them strong. This caused even more loss of fun for the game. In this game the parallel is that a stronger fellowship, such as mine in Winyandor, can't start losing players. A couple of weeks ago someone in my fs said in chat "Let's go for ten this week." It was not a regular 10 tournament week, but others agreed so off we went and pulled out a 10 chest tournament with no preparation. Things like this will not be possible when the ones that threaten to quit actually do so.

Please don't think this can't happen here. I saw it with my own eyes, and it wasn't pretty. Listen to the complaints. "Working as intended" is NOT an answer that anyone wants to hear. There are other games out there and I don't want any of my fellowship to find them. I found my way here, there's no logical reason to suspect that they can't find their way to some other game.

We play and we pay for fun and friendships. This new format is not fun and the friends are threatening to quit. When the fun and the friendships are gone, so are the players and payers.

Jedicris

Adventurer
Just to add my two pennyworth.
When I first started playing Elvenar (some time ago), I used to look forward to the Events, not any more.

The prizes were good, not the half-hearted sops that we get now. If we chose to, we could discover the quests, plan and plot our way to meet them. Utilise strategy and form our cities to get the best outcomes. No longer, now it is just a mish-mash lottery.

INNO have taken a pleasurable part of the game and turned it into a disaster area.

I can think of just one comment that covers it.

SHAME ON YOU INNO, SHAME ON YOU!

Timneh

Artisan
I dont think a boycott thread would make any real difference on this forum(as has been pointed out by a few people that not many read this forum:rolleyes:).

100% agree

Just remember there are alot more Forums and servers than this one.

That is the reason the call for a boycott would have no real impact. It might piss the devs off a bit but as long as the rest of the servers kept on playing they would not be too concerned in my opinion. Any boycott would need to be on all servers and i don't see how that could be organized but i would support it as i am already not going to take part in any more events that come along as i work my way to my dump the game completely point.

valle

Soothsayer
The prizes were good, not the half-hearted sops that we get now.

Apart from the fire phoenix I can't remember a better prize than the brown bear that we can get now.
Could you please refresh my memory with any of those great prizes, I can't remember any better than those mentioned.

Pauly7

Magus
A lot of people are saying boycott (maybe I did too?) but that's not technically the way that I see it. I just mean that whoever is dissatisfied with the changes and the unwillingness to listen to feedback should just conscientiously refuse to buy or use any diamonds during events. It's just a logical reaction and it also happens to be the only language that the game developers would hear.

It's a question of supply and demand. If a sub-standard product is supplied, don't buy it. To do so would be hypocritical. The more people that see that logic then the developers would see that meaningful feedback more and more.

If we need to get into the potential impact of a small number of people - well that's no different from any situation where one person, several people, many people start doing their tiny bit. Collectively it can add up to a great noise. I am sure that similar thoughts will spring up on all these different forums and servers.

Timneh

Artisan
As selling diamonds seems to be the main reason they are giving us so many events you are right about the drop in diamond use having an effect but i also think that the devs would sit up and take notice if players stopped playing the events, although if players did not play events then they would not be using diamonds anyway. I just meant that the devs would not be happy creating new events if only a small handfull of players were taking part. As for the boycott on buying or using diamonds, i have been doing that for a couple of years now.

Deleted User - 1759805

Apart from the fire phoenix I can't remember a better prize than the brown bear that we can get now.
Could you please refresh my memory with any of those great prizes, I can't remember any better than those mentioned.
Not to go too far, but Winter Market and Carnival sets were arguably superior to anything we have seen since then - Fire Phoenix might be a sole exception.

m4rt1n

Adept
@Muf-Muf enough is enough now.
Top great players in my fellowship are quitting the game on me.

Why do you listen to the feedback, say it is being heard then promise more of the same.

We play this game because we love a place to escape the real world where we can PLAN our dream cities.

The word PLAN, we love to PLAN and not have this RANDOM NONSENSE thrown at us.

What was wrong with having set event prizes and a list of 100 or sequential quests and daily quests. Players can then choose whether they appear random, just don't view the spoilers or plan ahead.
Do that then add some hard random quests after they are complete so those with deep pockets can spend and get more.

So far all I see is players quitting in droves.

This is making me feel so sad. :(

Last edited:

Errandil

Conjurer
Actually I'm surprised seeing that many negative reactions to the random quest system in general. Yes, the current implementation is really questionable. But basically if we get something more like mermaids, without the issue with the repeating quests and without the complete 2 provinces quest we had back then, it should be really good. Being able to get more prizes than the average player for being more active is a positive thing for the game in my opinion and with the old quest system the only thing you could get for being active is a few more weeks for city building (though I must admit that I would love to get a month without the events).
As I see it, the random quests don't take away planning, since you still need to prepare for the upcoming quests, it's just not as straightforward as it was before. Not to mention the new task to balace the event currency between aiming at some daily prizes and getting time instants right now to be able to complete more quests. And as much as I hate the need for high-level workshops, balancing your city with the event efficiency in mind is just another challenge, same as dedicating space to the guest races.

m4rt1n

Adept
We need an end point, so we can feel we finished the event. That is what I am reading in this thread and my fellowship.

Going forever will always cause a lot of issues.

A great suggestion earlier in this thread was to have an end point, then a premium continuation, possibly buying extra quests for an amount of diamonds each or an amount of diamonds for an extra block of 5,10 or 20 quests etc.

m4rt1n

Adept
Actually I'm surprised seeing that many negative reactions to the random quest system in general. Yes, the current implementation is really questionable. But basically if we get something more like mermaids, without the issue with the repeating quests and without the complete 2 provinces quest we had back then, it should be really good. Being able to get more prizes than the average player for being more active is a positive thing for the game in my opinion and with the old quest system the only thing you could get for being active is a few more weeks for city building (though I must admit that I would love to get a month without the events).
As I see it, the random quests don't take away planning, since you still need to prepare for the upcoming quests, it's just not as straightforward as it was before. Not to mention the new task to balace the event currency between aiming at some daily prizes and getting time instants right now to be able to complete more quests. And as much as I hate the need for high-level workshops, balancing your city with the event efficiency in mind is just another challenge, same as dedicating space to the guest races.

That has been my biggest issue, as a very active player who normally does lots of simple tools, my workshops get Toolbox, then Groceries, I get a scout and that is me for 88 hours gone so this event is a big kick in the teeth for active players.

All I see is that a lot less active player could have fun, not the active player as you suggest.

Errandil

Conjurer
We need an end point, so we can feel we finished the event. That is what I am reading in this thread and my fellowship.

Going forever will always cause a lot of issues.

A great suggestion earlier in this thread was to have an end point, then a premium continuation, possibly buying extra quests for an amount of diamonds each or an amount of diamonds for an extra block of 5,10 or 20 quests etc.
Why would anyone want to get less from the event? The end point here is basically wherever you want it to be. No one is stopping you from saying "that's it" when getting yet another encounters quest and just moving on with your normal gameplay. The good thing about the endless quests is that one can try to get as many rewards as possible for being active the whole event. Most of the players in my FS don't like the "get three of the same quests in a row" feature, but are perfectly ok with the endless quests because it allows to get much more rewards than before.

m4rt1n

Adept
Why would anyone want to get less from the event? The end point here is basically wherever you want it to be. No one is stopping you from saying "that's it" when getting yet another encounters quest and just moving on with your normal gameplay. The good thing about the endless quests is that one can try to get as many rewards as possible for being active the whole event. Most of the players in my FS don't like the "get three of the same quests in a row" feature, but are perfectly ok with the endless quests because it allows to get much more rewards than before.

But with random quests, the "thats it" point is based on luck. Try this event when you keep having to make 15 vision vapor, because scouts take 88 hours, then have to build workshops from scratch to make toolboxes then groceries then toolboxes again. 3 workshops took me 2 weeks to build.
Then you say you don't like complete 2 provinces from the last event but what is the difference with solve 5 encounters or spire encounters when you cannot scout new provinces quick enough to create the encounters.
Should everyone at the end of ch14, waiting on chapter 15 stop playing the event because we reach the "thats it" point in your words in the first or second day of a 3/4 week event.

No wonder so many are quitting.

@Errandil I am happy you are enjoying the event and the points I make are not meant as anything personal. :)