• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

DeletedUser3255

I don't understand how you haven't got any artifacts. At what point did you get completely stuck with space at the chapter end to get workshops to level 26 even if you had to use time boosters won from the initial quests by spinning the chests that contained them and doing some of the spire.

I don't really want to go over it again but I don't have workshops, my quests stopped two weeks ago - I have tons of space :)

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index....he-instant-supply-windfalls.10866/#post-65162

m4rt1n

Adept
I don't really want to go over it again but I don't have workshops, my quests stopped two weeks ago - I have tons of space :)

https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index....he-instant-supply-windfalls.10866/#post-65162

Thanks for the link, hopefully Inno take the feedback on board, or at least give 2 weeks official notice of required level workshops.

By now though you could have built at least 2 depending on builder numbers to level 26 and still had over a week of the event left.

I built 3 extra workshops for the event, but had some advantage as I follow the beta forums somewhat.

DeletedUser3255

By now though you could have built at least 2 depending on builder numbers to level 26 and still had over a week of the event left.

I built 3 extra workshops for the event, but had some advantage as I follow the beta forums somewhat.

I don't see the point of workshops, I have over 150 instant windfalls and an Endless Evacuation approaching lvl 30 with other event buildings offering supplies.

If InnoGames offer so much supplies in other forms without the need for workshops - Why should I be penalised for building my city without them?

BECAUSE THEY WANT YOU TO BUY PREMIER WORKSHOPS

m4rt1n

Adept
I don't see the point of workshops, I have over 150 instant windfalls and an Endless Evacuation approaching lvl 30 with other event buildings offering supplies.

If InnoGames offer so much supplies in other forms without the need for workshops - Why should I be penalised for building my city without them?

I built mine for the event and will do so again if needed, it was a challenge I actually enjoyed as I like preparation, not randomness. That's why I think Inno should have given 2 weeks official notice of the workshop and manu' requirements to allow preparation time and is one of the fails of the event in my opinion.

You don't need to spend any diamonds to temporarily upgrade from scratch, workshops, what you need is advance notice. Now with the teleport spell available in the spire (I have 6 so far) they can then be put back into inventory at the upgraded level and brought out for events.
That part I really enjoyed as it was something I could do to prepare.
I fully understand that the LACK OF ADVANCE NOTICE for those who don't read the forums in general and especially those who don't check the BETA section was a HUGE BLOCK and feel the developers should have done a lot more to better inform everyone a LOT earlier.

If one thing should change in future I do hope that if leveled workshops and manu's are required, the time of advanced notice given is greatly increased. Time has to be allowed for end game player's to scratch build.

DeletedUser8409

Well said. I play a zero-manufactory game, not quite but close to zero-workshops and had to build T1 manufactories from scratch for the event. Thankfully had notice or I would have been utterly screwed. I haven't produced T1 in almost 18 months before now.

DeletedUser3255

I built mine for the event and will do so again if needed,.

Okay,

I don't mean to sound rude but you do not need high/current workshops at the end of Constructs level - I haven't had the need for a high lvl workshop for over 6 months

I only play lvl 1's when needed in an event

m4rt1n

Adept
Okay,

I don't mean to sound rude but you do not need high/current workshops at the end of Constructs level - I haven't had the need for a high lvl workshop for over 6 months

I only play lvl 1's when needed in an event

No worries, and you certainly haven't sounded rude. We all have different ways of playing the game and different things that make us keep playing for enjoyment.

I was trying to say that out of this event that preparation of building was one of the few things I actually enjoyed.

I hate randomness at the extremes especially how weighted that randomness has been and if you read back a few pages you will see I have also had a point of almost quitting the game because of this event.
If it wasn't for the kindness and understanding of several members of the support team here, I may no longer have a city to play so I thank them for that. It was above and beyond.
(They didn't help with quests, they listened and understood my extreme frustration). :)

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Well im getting what i want out of this event, got 2.6k keys and have been going after time boost dailies only.
reached the 80key rewards about 2 days ago and will spend em on the 14hr boosters in a couple of days. you can throw the bears in the bin along with the phoenix mermaid and stonehenge, total waste of space for me. (probably a be different matter if they were 24hr productions instead of 48...:rolleyes:)

Being in Woodelves hasnt really hurt me quest wise, my scouts are around 20 hr and have plenty of bluering provinces for the encounter quests, craft most of the relic quests. Also have 8 workshops @ woodelf level so no issue with chapter specific quests.
Generally been taking it easy with this event, as with most events i get what i want out of it. i do prefer the old set buildings to these evolving ones tho.:(

Hekata

Artisan
Alright, here's my my overall experience with this event and some suggestions.

I have set myself the goal to get 2 fully evolved bears (brow and panda) and I achieved that last night so now I'm taking it slow and the keys I get I will use to get some more boosters, kps and maybe one daily prize I like. I spent a lot of boosters to get the 18 atrifacts and most of all A LOT OF TIME, waaay more time than I want to spend on this game. I could continue in the same way and probably get the 3rd bear to lv 10 but I don't need it that much. What I need is to go back to a more relaxed tempo of playing this game. I would maybe be fine with spending this much time on events if there were just 4 big ones, 2 or 3 smalls ones and 2 or 3 FA like before, but at the rate they are coming it's ridiculous and I can't keep up.

I don't like the random quests at all. I loved planing for events it was my favourite part of the game and for me events will never be as enjoyable again unless they go back to the sequential quest list or at least a party sequential quest list as has been suggested in this thread.

I am not sure how I feel about the endless quests. As others have pointed out it allows me to win more than I would with the old system but at the same time because of it we have the random quests, the difficult repeating quests, the required workshop/T1 levels and in general the fun was sucked out of it. There is only so many solve 45/9 and gain 11 relics one can do before being bored out of their wits by it and quitting the game and those have been most of my quests since I got to the 80 keys mark. I have a smaller city in orcs and I haven't logged in for 2 days now bc I just can't get myself to do the same thing there too. I am seriously considering deleting it as this is too much work for me. So all things considered I think I prefer the old system with a fixed number of quests. I did win less but it was less stressful and a lot more fun.

Since we were asked to give some constructive ideas, I really tried to think of possible new quests and I admit it is hard. This game has only so many features and without introducing new ones it's hard to think of something really different and new. But here are the few things that crossed my mind.

1. Why don't we have combined quests? Like: "produce T1 3h x2 and advanced tools x2". or "gain 2 spells and 5 VV" Those are not really new quests but there are a lot of possibility to mix and match them so at least we wouldn't be seeing the exact same quests over and over again to oblivion.
2. Why can't the quests be different by chapter? We get buildings that produce different goods depending on chapter (supplies-T3-Mana-Seeds + orcs) why can't some quests do the same? I get that the event should be accessible to all levels and it still would be, it would just make it possible for advanced player to have more diversity in their quests and to put to good use some of their event buildings.
3. If the completely random system has to stay why not just use all the quests. Determine the value of each quest. So: give NHx3-10 key, produce 2 toolboxes -45 key, scout/tech/15vv- 80 keys , 25/5 encounters-35 keys, 45/9 encounters -75 keys etc... And we can get any quest in any order. If we get an easier one we get less keys if it's a harder one we get more keys. The evolution of keys doesn't have to be progressive. It can just be linked to the difficulty of the task.
That's all I have. I'm fully ready to hear some of you folks point out big flaws in my suggestions, and it's fine, I'm sure I'm overlooking something, I just wanted to make an effort to give some ideas and if they are not good, maybe they will inspire someone else to have some better ideas or build on these.

About the prizes.
The brown bear is great, I love it. I always struggle with troops and the boost it gives should make a big difference.
The panda... well the amount of T2 it produces is ridiculous but the special effect is actually pretty good, it gives me almost 70k T1 per pet food used. But ofc it's very costly: minimum of 2 pet foods needed and an effect of just 1 hour. So great if you need T1 fast but bad for your pet food supplies. I will probably just use it in dire need, and the rest of time it will be in my city for aesthetics purposes as I like a lot how it looks.

And the best for last. As always the graphic designers have done a great job. The bears are lovely. That is the one part of this game that is constant and hasn't disappoint me so far. Maybe not all themes are my cup of tea but they are all well done. I know that all of the daily prizes are recycled, I had most of them in my city before, but don't mind as they are really nice. I actually love that prizes are recycled now and then as it gives the chance to us players who don't get blueprints and lots of RR spells to get back some of the buildings we liked but had to sell at some point because their values were too low.

Pauly7

Magus
I'm with @Jai125. Luckily for me there was at least some workshops I could work with, but my MO is not to start building up and tearing down buildings for events or FAs. My city is my city.

valle

Soothsayer

This game requires you to be able to adapt to changing requirements. Earlier you adapted by removing workshops, now you will have to adapt by adding workshops. Normal workshops will work, you don't need MWs, even if having one is great for the double effect in quests.

DeletedUser8409

This game requires you to be able to adapt to changing requirements. Earlier you adapted by removing workshops, now you will have to adapt by adding workshops. Normal workshops will work, you don't need MWs, even if having one is great for the double effect in quests.
That's fine and a challenge is fine but it takes multiple weeks to upgrade a Workshop to the required level. It takes even more weeks, potentially a month, to upgrade the residence to provide the population for the workshop. And that's without considering the manufactories.

This sort of change can't be done in 48 hours. Unless you have a mammoth stockpile of population it can't even be done in a month.

But nothing got said in game about this in-game until 48h before the event started!

This idea wasn't an overnight brainwave that was decided 48h before event started. I doubt it was decided even just as Beta started. A change of this magnitude should have been COMMUNICATED in advance.

Otherwise permitting players to build Residences and Workshops and Manufactories of their own chapters level (not having to go from level 1 to level 27) could have been permitted to fix this.

Not enough thought or care was given to people who have built their cities differently. Which just isn't good enough for a game where building your city your way is the entire point! A change of this magnitude could have been announced e.g. Saying from next year this is how events will work and giving people time to adapt.

DeletedUser6357

Is anyone else stuck with just getting solve encounter quests in their various guises?

Thats all I've had for 5-6 days now. My resources have been depleted.
I have a lot of resources, I have a lot of gears on time, I have a lot of everything needed to solve the tasks in the event.
But I have no interest or desire for these tasks.
I solve tasks 1-2 days a week.
It's not interesting.
I'll have a brown bear and a good number of WW. Everything else from the event is irresistible to me - none of the daily prizes offer values that attract me - the maximum parameters are in the range 600-700 of a tile. I have enough trophies in the city from previous events with 1000 tiles.

DeletedUser6357

WHAT is it that you do not like exactly, and WHY?
My assessment is that the tasks in the event ignore the "upper" world and are focused on the "lower" world - battles in the provinces, relics ...
Workshop tasks, however difficult they may be, are few, and manufactures are very episodic.
There are no tasks related to economic development.
However, basic things for the player happen in the upper world.
The task of "Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or Gain 15 Vision Vapor" happens all too often and even diamonds do not help to solve it - twice I pay 50 diamonds to change recipes in crafts, and twice I get recipes with 1-3 Vision Vapor each.
Crafts continue to be filled with absolutely unnecessary recipes.

Jedicris

Adventurer
I DON'T BELIEVE IT!!

Just had my third consecutive "Scout 1 Province etc" quest.
Getting really peeved off with this stupid format of "Event".

Seems to me that every-time Inno "Improve" things, they just break it.

Yours sincerely,
Severely Disgruntled of UK

valle

Soothsayer
That's fine and a challenge is fine but it takes multiple weeks to upgrade a Workshop to the required level. It takes even more weeks, potentially a month, to upgrade the residence to provide the population for the workshop. And that's without considering the manufactories.

This sort of change can't be done in 48 hours. Unless you have a mammoth stockpile of population it can't even be done in a month

Are we playing the same game? It's all about priorities, if you really want to do this event then sell a few other buildings that will free up population. Those buildings can be rebuilt afterwards. Also many people have different pop/cult buildings from events in inventory, they will give instant population. And you don't need it to be done in 48hrs.

But nothing got said in game about this in-game until 48h before the event started!

I agree that it would have been good if we were told long before the event started. But as we weren't it's just to live with it. It's the same for everybody and if you had started building those workshops when the event started I guess it could have been done by now. And the time left of the event should be enough to get atleast one fully upgraded bear if you ain't extremely unlucky with quests.

geordianna

Soothsayer
I've found this event a challenge too - I'm at the end of constructs - have 5 fully uprated workshops and 4 uprated t1 boosts one of those I've added for this event even though I had adequate production before. my biggest problem has been gaining 15 vapor dust as quite often the only recipes available give 2 or three at a time. Also I hve won very few extra keys from the orbs and in one city none - I've managed 5 artifacts at best so far - I can't see me getting more than 6. - I don't know how some people have fully upgraded more than one bear.