• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

DeletedUser1874

I'm glad I gave you a laugh! :) Of course, I'm serious. Yes, I can have FOMO when playing this game but I see it rather as my own problem, not something imposed on me. Nothing in my life would change if I don't get all the bears from this event and even if I feel sad for it for a while, I'll most likely forget it and move on a week later. There is always the next event with new rewards, and there is that much space you can fill with event buildings.
Well, in that case I can say nothing more except that I'm sorry you were serious, and I'm sorry you feel guilty for being exploited.

DeletedUser6046

Well, in that case I can say nothing more except that I'm sorry you were serious, and I'm sorry you feel guilty for being exploited.

How am I exploited? I can quit this game any time I want.

DeletedUser1874

How am I exploited? I can quit this game any time I want.
Of course you can. I tell myself the same about all the things I'm addicted to. It's the mantra all kind of addicts repeat ad nauseam. Boy, you could really use some Sterling insight on the matter. Might I suggest starting with this? If you're truly interested in getting to know each other as you said in that other thread, you'll have no issues in following my utterly disinterested suggestion and watch that video, which I'm convinced might benefit you greatly.

DeletedUser5532

Suggestion .

Have a list of quests that will enable a player to have 1 main prize, lvl 10 if an evolving buildings. Then have these set quests random, so only the order in which the are given changes, and not as the are now.

Then when a player gets to the end and has the prize, they can then be given a choice. To stop at one, or pay to have the quest list reset, where they can go again to hopefully get through them all for a 2nd prize.

If people wish to pay, then they get the chance of more prizes, otherwise they are limited to 1 main prize per event, if they finish the quests.

There are so many ways to raise revenue within this game, and every single way would make players happy and not effect the game balance, its just a shame that whoever is in charge of sales and marketing appears to have no grasp on sales psychology and instead appears to rely on the Facebook method of screwing people for a fast buck.

m4rt1n

Adept
Suggestion .

Have a list of quests that will enable a player to have 1 main prize, lvl 10 if an evolving buildings. Then have these set quests random, so only the order in which the are given changes, and not as the are now.

Then when a player gets to the end and has the prize, they can then be given a choice. To stop at one, or pay to have the quest list reset, where they can go again to hopefully get through them all for a 2nd prize.

If people wish to pay, then they get the chance of more prizes, otherwise they are limited to 1 main prize per event, if they finish the quests.

There are so many ways to raise revenue within this game, and every single way would make players happy and not effect the game balance, its just a shame that whoever is in charge of sales and marketing appears to have no grasp on sales psychology and instead appears to rely on the Facebook method of screwing people for a fast buck.

2 prizes out of 3 for a normal player then I +1 your suggestion. After all where do we get all the pet food to enhance all the prizes.

Letting everyone get one of each of the full set of 3 wouldn't hurt either, we cannot feed them as now Pet food is reduced a lot also.

It says a lot when players struggle now to get just 1 in recent events and is very sad for the game in my opinion. :(

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
I'm am now 100% irritated with the continuous Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or Gain 15 Vision Vapor or my personal 'favourite' Solve 35 Tournament Encounters or Solve 7 Encounters. The quests are entirely too resource heavy. For a game designed to build a city, why are there not more quests to actually do so? Its like they ran out of ideas for quests... are they saying the game is too boring to give interesting tasks? During FA we produce a hella lot of T1 and supplies while making badges. During manufactory events they encourage us to use our enchantments... again a resource boost. Why not do more quests designed to help us or help the fellowship? Like encourage us to visit neighbors, feed our pets, make everything twinkly in our cities or upgrade some buildings?

This event has turned out to be a black hole for resources... and why? To get some buildings we gonna totally forget about in a week's time.

Deleted User - 384643

I'm am now 100% irritated with the continuous Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or Gain 15 Vision Vapor or my personal 'favourite' Solve 35 Tournament Encounters or Solve 7 Encounters. The quests are entirely too resource heavy. For a game designed to build a city, why are there not more quests to actually do so? Its like they ran out of ideas for quests... are they saying the game is too boring to give interesting tasks? During FA we produce a hella lot of T1 and supplies while making badges. During manufactory events they encourage us to use our enchantments... again a resource boost. Why not do more quests designed to help us or help the fellowship? Like encourage us to visit neighbors, feed our pets, make everything twinkly in our cities or upgrade some buildings?

This event has turned out to be a black hole for resources... and why? To get some buildings we gonna totally forget about in a week's time.
Same here. I've been getting a ridiculous amount of these quests, so much that I seriously doubt this is really a "random" quest system. No, this quest system seems to be specifically designed to slow us down.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
The quests are entirely too resource heavy. For a game designed to build a city, why are there not more quests to actually do so? Its like they ran out of ideas for quests... are they saying the game is too boring to give interesting tasks?

We have endless quests. At the same time there is a limit of what players are permitted to gain. To prevent us from gaining too much, the quests have to discourage over-achieving. Consequently, most quests are time and/or resource consuming.

I do not think that they ran out of quest ideas, but that they have to pick the worst quests to keep us from getting too many prizes.

No, this quest system seems to be specifically designed to slow us down.

This.

hawk the slayer

Spellcaster
No Verde, its not. A lot of the fun for me & a lot of other players was the ability to plan for events. This has now been taken away and replaced by yet another lottery based system full of stopper quests to increase frustration & encourage spending. This is clearly there primary reason for doing so cos if they just wanted to stop players getting multiple "grand prizes" all that was needed was a cap on the amount you could win and offer lesser prizes to those who wanted to continue.

DeletedUser6046

Of course you can. I tell myself the same about all the things I'm addicted to. It's the mantra all kind of addicts repeat ad nauseam. Boy, you could really use some Sterling insight on the matter. Might I suggest starting with this? If you're truly interested in getting to know each other as you said in that other thread, you'll have no issues in following my utterly disinterested suggestion and watch that video, which I'm convinced might benefit you greatly.

Thank you for the link! I'm actually aware that video gaming is meant to be addictive. This is not hidden or a conspiracy, it's one of the objectives in creating a video game, to make it as addictive as possible, or in lighter terms to maximise the number of times a player returns to play the game again and again... Not just video games, it's our food, gadgets, TV, other forms of entertainment, etc. My points is that expecting Inno to be the nobble one is unrealistic. Or, in other words, fighting the dragon by focusing our anger at one particular company is not going to solve the problem... And this is going now very much off topics. Back to evolving my bears. :)

Not saying that I am against freedom of speech. It's god people raise their frustration with this (i.e. using FOMO tactics). It just feels too much at times to come to the forum and all I read is Inno is just interested in money. Yes, sure they are and I understand them. They wouldn't be a surviving gaming company if they are not about the money.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1874

Thank you for the link! I'm actually aware that video gaming is meant to be addictive. This is not hidden or a conspiracy, it's one of the objectives in creating a video game, to make it as addictive as possible, or in lighter terms to maximise the number of times a player returns to play the game again and again... Not just video games, it's our food, gadgets, TV, other forms of entertainment, etc. My points is that expecting Inno to be the nobble one is unrealistic. Or, in other words, fighting the dragon by focusing our anger at one particular company is not going to solve the problem... And this is going now very much off topics. Back to evolving my bears. :)

Not saying that I am against freedom of speech. It's god people raise their frustration with this (i.e. using FOMO tactics). It just feels too much at times to come to the forum and all I read is Inno is just interested in money. Yes, sure they are and I understand them. They wouldn't be a surviving gaming company if they are not about the money.
Video games aren't meant to be addictive per se. Video games done right are addictive just like any other hobby or pleasurable activity, but don't use underhanded tactics to keep their players hooked. Good examples of this are games you pay for once and give you all the content they have to offer. Which can be worth hundreds of dozens of hours just to finish the game once, and some are so replayable it's not uncommon to see players pour hundreds and even thousands of hours of their time in a game they payed for once. Just once.
I'm not fighting anyone, I'm on no crusade - but I refuse to keep my mouth shut or lie by omission when discussing the game (which is what this forum is for). If you are so daunted by reading the same things over and over, other than perhaps asking yourself why that is, well... nobody forces you to read. Like nobody forced you to watch a video you clearly didn't watch, because it's either that, or you each and every of the points that were made in said video.

Arnwald

Alchemist
The results in this event are extremely dependent on happiness. I play on two servers. While I've been running tasks on both servers in parallel in the past, now I already have 9 artifacts on one server, but only 5 on the other. I get almost exclusively combat tasks on one server, almost exclusively production tasks on another.

DeletedUser7704

Scout 1 Province or Research 1 Technology or Gain 15 Vision Vapor

I had this quest 4 times in a row i thought they are supposed to rotate ?

DeletedUser219

Video games aren't meant to be addictive per se. Video games done right are addictive just like any other hobby or pleasurable activity, but don't use underhanded tactics to keep their players hooked.

First part of this is complete codswallop. Nobody, ever, who hoped their game would be popular, failed to put addictive elements into their game, though a few got lucky. The latter part is based on your somewhat one-sided assessment. This game does not hit you with fresh ads to make purchases every 15 minutes. It is possible for a non-spender to rank fairly high, (though most non-spenders are smarter than that, the ranking system IS a trap).

Good examples of this are games you pay for once and give you all the content they have to offer.

Which are practiaclly non-existant these days.

I'm not fighting anyone, I'm on no crusade - but I refuse to keep my mouth shut or lie by omission when discussing the game (which is what this forum is for).

It has been noticed that you refuse to keep your moutn shut, but you do seem to be fighting just about everybody.

In my opinion the best way to make sure you maximise the number of times players keep coming to the game is to make it interesting and fun, reading this thread it would seem that most players find this event neither of those things.

This Forum has never been representative of a majority of the players. While some of the thousands who have not signed up may read it, they prefer not to get involved in the flaming matches. @JackLuyt 's post earlier shows that a number of people actually like the new format, with a few reservations.

DeletedUser6357

It is no longer possible for strong players to swamp their cities with lots and lots of tiny little level one buildings and finish the event in three days - which was never the intention for Events!
That event I play it "in the dark". I refused to anticipate tasks. Naturally, life in the city is dead - any building that is somehow related to the tasks is waiting for its time.
Yesterday, in 2-3 hours, I made more than 3,000 keys.
This thing a player in small chapters with limited resources and learning the technological tree, I do not see how he will achieve it.

DeletedUser3255

We're looking forward to your feedback!

What's the point?

You have stopped me playing this event with two weeks to spare and not prepared to listen to me in your customer support team.

Shocking Customer Service Here

I am glad you enjoyed taking my money :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
This Forum has never been representative of a majority of the players. While some of the thousands who have not signed up may read it, they prefer not to get involved in the flaming matches.

I represent the other members of my FS and i know i am not the only one that does that.

@JackLuyt 's post earlier shows that a number of people actually like the new format, with a few reservations.

On a server that has thousands of players it is unrealistic to even think that 100% of them would either like or dislike something so of course you will get some that say they like it.