• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

m4rt1n

Adept
Please link me to where this was announced.

I'll try, I read it last week possibly in Beta forum or Beta thread. :)

Edit: I definitely read somewhere that it was limited to 6 bears this time but just cannot find where.
Hopefully someone in the know can clarify the position, not that it will affect me.

Last edited:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
@Dizzy Lizzie

I'm not sure about spending money, but Marindor on beta forum certainly said that too many mermaids were won, and they needed to make this event more difficult. Totally agree there. I'd like an explanation of why endless quests are so important though. Events weren't broken before we had endless quests. Now they are, and there have been 2 attempts (more if you count the last minute re-balances) to make endless quests work. None have worked.

All that is happened since endless quests were introduced is a fun part of the game has become a lot less fun for the vast majority of players. Any future events with endless quests needs a big rethink and a long time beta testing (like the spire), or just go with the "if it ain't broke why fix it" motto.

DeletedUser6357

People.
Rejoice that Inno Games doesn't make cars.
Just imagine:
You buy a very beautiful car, you go on a tour, and a child pops up on the road!
You apply the brake,
the car refuses to stop.
You apply the brake,
the car refuses to stop.
You apply the brake,
the car refuses to stop.
And no, not only difficult tasks are repeated.
It can now be seen that the task shift mechanism is broken.
The Mermaids also had some mixed tasks. But I did not see anyone write that the same tasks were repeated one after the other. Like now.
Obviously, this event will end in a broken way of changing tasks.
But for the next event, Inno Games has to look very carefully and find what they have broken and fix it.

DeletedUser1874

This is not correct. If you read the announcement, it clearly states that the keys were capped because the probability of receiving the harder Quests was reduced. The Magic Workshops' changes were announced at the same time, but did not affect the keys. They were also implemented at different times.
Thank. You. Maybe an official answer will put his soul at peace.

So ... I hit the highest group of “random” quests in my Felyndral city. This is what I got so far in this section:

- Spend 20 KP
- Solve 45 Tournament Encounters or 9 Encounters
- Scout a province or research a technology or gain 15 Vision Vapor

No, it’s not random. Yes, we are on purpose being blocked by certain quests once we are considered as progressing too fast.
Yes we are. How hard would it be to give quests a cooldown or set some flags as to avoid such scenarios? And remember, these are not just an unlucky streaks of yours, they're being reported en-masse and I've experienced at least 7 of the same in a row before rage-quitting for the day.

DeletedUser9422

Personally I would love to get the gain X relics, as it's one of the easier quests with the tournament going on.
But the point of random results is that they are random. And with 1000s of players there are a few that will get the same sequence as you did by the laws of probabilities. So you just got unlucky.
Also, the people that got unlucky are those that complains on the forum. Here you see other complaining and suddenly you think that everybody got bad combinations.

From the feedback on this forum A few people clearly have had bad repetitive combinations and yes I am complaining, if Inno use this discussion forum to gauge how well the promo goes or how well people like the new changes then I’m airing my complaint/feedback on here. I dont like the randomness of the quests if I am going to be as unlucky as I have been. It makes the promo frustrating and boringly repetitive. I don’t Necessarily mind the hard quests but to have the same one over and over is just plain annoying, and puts me off wanting to participate. Especially if it is designed to slow us down if we are going to fast. Im sure a lot of other people are really enjoying the promo , it’s just my opinion and my feedback to Inno as it were.

DeletedUser6338

OK, I am NOT much of a forum poster, but the changes in this event are seriously about to make me leave the game and it is sad.

I very much enjoy certain elements of this game, mainly the events and FA's. I USED to really enjoy planning my city and buildings and guest races according to what 'event' is happening or coming up. I do not understand why so many things had to change in this event.

So what if some people cleared their world to put 100 level 1 workshops down for an event or FA AND used the 'hints' about the most likely quests coming up to plan in advance???? So, those people would probably get many more rewards then the folks that didn't do that, but it WAS an option available to all players. Anyone could chose to 'play ahead' or NOT. Everyone has a different playing style and things that they enjoy about the game, so why in the world was it necessary to ruin all of that? I just do NOT understand?!?!?!

This 'so called random' quest line now is ridiculous!!! I came here to see if others were getting the same crazy quests over and over again like I am... I have just done 5 scout or research.... let me say that again.. 5 SCOUT OR RESEARCH... in a row... that is ridiculous and comes close to impossible after it has already cycled through several times (oh, and I read someone else say these are 'set up' to slow the advanced players, but I am only in the 50's on keys)!

And what is so wrong with setting up tier 1 manus and workshops to 'prepare' yourself for these quests??? Really, why is this such a bad thing? Requiring us to use only 'leveled' buildings is crazy. What is the point in making the game so much less enjoyable??

Maybe other people do not LIKE to organize and/or plan ahead, but some of us do and the spontaneous and tedious nature of the event has now become something I am not enjoying. I am WELL AWARE that I do not have to play the event, but the events and FA's have always been my favorite part. To play the rest of the game JUST to get to enjoy the FA's with my fellowships, but feel burdened with everything else, is not feeling very worth staying anymore. I know that my leaving would be missed by absolutely no one and the game developers would have no financial loss at my absence (well minimal financial loss because I do buy diamonds occasionally), but they are obviously forgetting that there are many games out there and as people loose the parts they enjoyed and they go elsewhere for their entertainment, even those few dollars will add up.

I have heard the answers of people playing to far and getting to many rewards..... but I am even confused by this... WHY? Why is this bad?? isn't this a game?? does it really matter how many rewards someone gets or even how many 'grand prizes"... it's a game, not a job where we are getting paid or rewarded for our level of accomplishment. There should NOT be 'police' over how much work a person can chose to put into the game and how many benefits they reap because of those choices.

One thing I have NOT seen, is a change that would put a limit on how many diamonds a person can buy and play to get further in the game!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a feeling that if someone wanted to spend several hundred dollars to just keep buying diamonds to get through all these quests, we would NOT hear a complaint or see the game changed to prohibit this? Why not? IF the problem was people advancing to far, how come we haven't stopped the financial methods also? Just let us play the game the way we enjoy it!!! very sad changes here

DeletedUser8409

@Dizzy Lizzie so are the grand prizes capped at 6 or can prizes be won after that?

Not that it would be possible to get that far without spending a lot I imagine.

DeletedUser3097

@Dizzy Lizzie so are the grand prizes capped at 6 or can prizes be won after that?

Not that it would be possible to get that far without spending a lot I imagine.
I think you mean the bears, rather than the grand prizes. I am holding back answering as I am 95% certain of the answer but want to be sure before I reply. I will come back to you though. Watch this space!

DeletedUser4149

In this event with some graft free to play players can win multiple bears.
i see that you don't have an account on beta so obviously you aren't talking about that world.
who has multiple bears at 10th level already and plays for free?
how many players out of the 1000s that play is that?

DeletedUser8409

Who said already, not me. There's 25 days in the event, we're only just starting day 7. No reason why people can't get a second bear by day 25 whether spending or not.

As for players out of the 1000s I couldn't care less. Some players aren't as good or dedicated as others. Let the best players, free and premium, win the rewards.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
@yo momma love me I just spent my first 6k keys tonight. I chose chests to maximise daily rewards not grand prizes. I noted how many time boosts I had at the start of the event, and how many I have after tonight's key splurge. I have 6 bear instants, and 1700 extra hours of time boosts. I have spent a fair few time boosts to get those keys, but no real cash. And I am 1700 hours in profit. If I wanted to maximise bear instants I think I could win about 3 full bears without spending a penny. I don't want the other 2 bears in my city, they aren't worth the space. I will end the event with one full brown bear and around 3 or 4k hours up in time boosts (there is another 4 x 14 hour day in 2 weeks or so). That's not bad for zero spend. What I do resent though is how much less fun it is than the old style events with limited quests. This event feels like work, not fun.

Killiak

Artisan
@yo momma love me I just spent my first 6k keys tonight. I chose chests to maximise daily rewards not grand prizes. I noted how many time boosts I had at the start of the event, and how many I have after tonight's key splurge. I have 6 bear instants, and 1700 extra hours of time boosts. I have spent a fair few time boosts to get those keys, but no real cash. And I am 1700 hours in profit. If I wanted to maximise bear instants I think I could win about 3 full bears without spending a penny. I don't want the other 2 bears in my city, they aren't worth the space. I will end the event with one full brown bear and around 3 or 4k hours up in time boosts (there is another 4 x 14 hour day in 2 weeks or so). That's not bad for zero spend. What I do resent though is how much less fun it is than the old style events with limited quests. This event feels like work, not fun.

Very nice, 1700 hours. Personally, I looked at this event and decided not to push myself, like I did in the Mermaids (got 6 of them). I had slightly over half your number of keys, and I got 860 hours and 4 artifacts. Of course, I started with a low number of time instants as well, since I used most.
With those instants, and the next instant day (30x1h) coming up, I think I will easilly win enough artifacts for 2 fully upgraded bears.

But yeah, I dislike the current system and how it is obviously in place to slow people down. Just cap the Evolvable Buildings, without capping the other grand prizes, and drop the 'blocking' quests. Solves a lot of the issues everybody is having, and actively rewards the people willing to spend time and effort.

m4rt1n

Adept
This is not correct.

No, there is no cap on the number of bears that can be won.

Thank you for clarifying that, I did find some posts in Beta mentioning 6 but must have misread something, sorry. :)

I did see that the bears are issued again as Grand Prizes after 27 Artifacts are won. :)

DeletedUser9241

This event is making the whole game feel like a total waste of time: Toolboxes -> 36 hour scout a province -> toolboxes -> toolboxes -> 36 hour scout -> toolboxes :mad:

Most ridiculously boring event ever

DeletedUser3097

Thank you for clarifying that, I did find some posts in Beta mentioning 6 but must have misread something, sorry.

No need to apologise, @m4rt1n, it is difficult to always know what made it through to live from Beta. It can get a little confusing with the changes happening. :) As I have just become the proud owner of my first Bear artifact, I think it's unlikely that I'll obtain 6+ bears!

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Very nice, 1700 hours.

Hmm, maybe I got really lucky then and should lower my expectations for what I will get from the rest of the event. Were you choosing the 85 key box as first choice whenever it was available? Its not that high for daily prize efficiency, but that is more than compensated for by the decent chance of 4x8 hours. About half that 1700 profit is from 8 hour instants.

I'm also basically out of CC now, so further progress is gonna be a lot more expensive, I will have to boost both CC production and the crafting. I hope the spire is kind with CC spells :D

Last point - it was 6.8k keys.

Last edited:

Kimelve

Spellcaster
What I have noticed the last day or two is items that pay out Vision Vapour in double figures. Right now I have 5 items that will all pay 10 Vision Vapour and three of them don't need any combining catalysts at all. Perhaps coincidence or perhaps this is Inno making silent adjustments to make those quests easier.

I've noticed the opposite. As soon as this event started, my crafting items switched down to 1, 2 or 5 VVs whereas before I routinely got much higher VV options. I think they're deliberately making it hard. I think the new developer is flexing his muscles. He's not making any friends amongst the players in the process.