• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

Killiak

Artisan
It's a week later though.

Yes, and therein lies the problem. If you saved up lots of time instants before the event, then you can wait for the 30x1hr.
I am going to assume most people haven't done that, so what I said is more of a general strategy. Adjust accordingly for your own situation.

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
omg talk about totally insulting us - logged in and got a pop up about making pet food in the MA, yeah right!!!

Inno has added so many recipes to the MA that we're lucky to get more than one pet food a week, and then of course we need to actually be able to make CC in order to make pet food, plus if anybody has the panda then they'll be using TWO pet food just to get the main benefit!

There are currently 115 recipes in the MA of which 9 are pet food.

Last edited:

Errandil

Conjurer
Not sure that 4x14hr is the best option for that. What are you going to use 14hr instants for? Toolboxes, scouts or enchantments - that's pretty much it. 30x1hr is likely a better deal for that purpose, you'll hardly waste anything, and 1hr can be applied to just about any quest efficiently. It's a week later though.
While hunting for the daily you get a lot of 8h and 2h instants as well, combined it should boost the event preformance until the 30x1h day arrives. For me it seems a viable strategy for now.

Kimelve

Spellcaster
I am hating this event and I'm not prioritizing it any more. Like several people who've already commented, I just keep getting the Scout/Research/15VisonVapour task over and over. I am at the end of the tech tree, my scouting takes around 70 hours so I am left with the Vision Vapour which usually takes a day or more to collect because the crafting options are so poor. I've used a stack of instants already to try and get through these long tasks and I'm not prepared to use any more. I doubt at this rate that I will get enough artifacts to fully evolve even a single bear, so I can't see much point even trying for that. Really disgruntled.

DeletedUser8409

If people are talking about "only" 400 keys per day then the current system is an improvement on the old one as 400 keys per day was impossible in the Phoenix and prior event chains. Let's not have unrealistic expectations.

One level 10 Phoenix was all we could get previously and even then only after they added more quests as it would have been impossible without the extras.

To "only" get one Bear now but have the option to get more if you work hard for it or spend instants or diamonds I think is an improvement.

Errandil

Conjurer
To "only" get one Bear now but have the option to get more if you work hard for it or spend instants or diamonds I think is an improvement.
While I agree with the fact that it's an improvement for those who can get more than one bear, this kind of events are a big downgrade for those who will end up with only one bear since it uses much more provinces, which are sort of finite resource and now requires to sometimes completely halt your city due to the workshops being clogged with 1d production.

Timneh

Artisan
While hunting for the daily you get a lot of 8h and 2h instants as well, combined it should boost the event preformance until the 30x1h day arrives. For me it seems a viable strategy for now.

The problem with that is you will be using your keys opening the chests so will have fewer chances to get the 4x14 or 30x1 hr boosters. If you actually want the dailies then it's not a problem though.

Errandil

Conjurer
The problem with that is you will be using your keys opening the chests so will have fewer chances to get the 4x14 or 30x1 hr boosters. If you actually want the dailies then it's not a problem though.
I was referring specifically to the opening chasts at 4x14h day, pointing out that you would end up not only with 14h boosters, which indeed are pretty inconvenient for most of the tasks. Though I must say that getting time boosters along the line when I need them proves to be a good strategy for me so far, even though I end up with too many dailies I don't need. At least I'm doing quests at a good pace and will finish several additional workshops soon.

Killiak

Artisan

You'll have to be more conscious about which chests to click, and very specifically aim at the chests that give you the best value. This is not neccesarily always the cheapest chest, or the one that is considered "best" for daily/grand prize.
Yes, this makes it harder, and requires more effort.

even though I end up with too many dailies I don't need. soon.

Disenchantment fodder, works for some quests :p

DeletedUser

To be sure: How can one actually obtain a second brown bear?
As the bears where given with doing a quest. You automaticly get another if you finish the complete zodiac line?

Piglets For All

Soothsayer
As the bears where given with doing a quest. You automaticly get another if you finish the complete zodiac line?
By spending money of course, in theory you'll get one for free if you can cope with the never ending scout 1 province/research 1 tech/make 15 VV, but if you want the 2nd one then you'll need to use diamonds to speed everything along because any time instants you have stored will only get you so far.

Errandil

Conjurer
If this event works like phoenix (and I sure hope so) you'll get the second set of bears in grand prizes after you have 27 artifacts to evolve the first three.

DeletedUser

I wonder how many people will get that far without using diamonds.

No many I suppose, but I am not even in Dwarves yet. So scouting can be instant finished with a 14h booster. It will be dependend on winning those a bit. With the current lowered amount on keys for the later quests I expect about 440 quests need to be done. I currently finished 54 without any boosters, that's 18 a day, but I will need an average of about 19 a day for the remainder.
This event is so much easier for mid level players that it is possible for them in my opinion, but need some dedication

DeletedUser1874

Not many I suppose. But diamond spenders fund the game.

Theoretically is it possible to get a third etc if you spend a ton of diamonds?
It's cheaper if you buy the currency-only offers that pop up occasionally, usually the first day, somewhere mid-through and the last day for a few hours (in order to make the most out of exploiting our FOMO). I know because I bought some of such currency, which I highly regret, given feedback I received in other avenues... but that's another story.

alsael

Enchanter
Shouldn't the bears be also craftable in academy after the event,like the rest of the evolving buildings?

Deleted User - 384643

Forcing players to (re)build workshops and Tier 1 manufactories to a level close to their current chapter in order to complete quests in this event already made things a lot more difficult than the Mermaid event, and IMO also more difficult than the previous events without an "endless" line of quests but which you could complete with a bunch of lvl 1 workshops and manufactories.

The much higher difficulty rate was slightly compensated by the possibility of getting up to 188 keys per quest (IF you managed to get that far in the quest line), but of course the Elvenar devs decided to nerf that slight advantage at the earliest opportunity and cap the maximum keys per quest at 80 because "there will be 30% less quests that require high level workshops & manufactories"--as if that really makes things any easier for us, which it doesn't.

As I've mentioned before, this just means a lot more of those annoying "scout a province/research a technology/gain 15 Vision Vapor quests" and/or do a bunch of encounter quests. And there will still be plenty of quests that require high level workshops & manufactories, so we're still forced to build a bunch of them if we want to seriously compete in this event.

So no, this change hasn't made things any easier for us, it just made things that much harder. The only thing this constant messing & nerfing of events has accomplished is that it effectively destroyed the fun I had in doing these events, and--quite frankly--also greatly diminished the fun I have in playing Elvenar.

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
My good fortune didn't last very long.
I had 3 different quests before landing right back once more at scout/tech/vapor.
I got some keys yesterday from the crafting mystical object.
I don't anticipate getting any today except from what I can find around my city and seeing as my scout is 48 hours from completing it will probably be the same thing tomorrow.

I think I need to shift goals.
Evolving a bear beyond a few artifacts will not be something that's going to happen for me.
Rather than saving up keys for time boosts - which just get spent trying to make some headway on this futile event, I might just milk this for all the 30kp I can get when it comes up as a daily prize and grow some AWs.

Susie49

Soothsayer
Personally I find the events less demanding now that quests are random, so I actually enjoy them more. I usually get all the buildings I want. The only one that evades me continuously is the black lotus lol. Tried in every event that offers it but it still eludes me! ...and I do not buy diamonds :)