• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

Killiak

Artisan
I put in a Support ticket for this since the quest is popping up every other quest now, which seems a bit too non-RNG for me.

According to the Live Q&A on Facebook today, it is as intended. So you have to live with it.

At which moment in the Q&A did they say that this quest should pop up so much? I watched it Live, and I cannot remember them saying it.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Apparently they changed their mind and decided to keep it as it is. At least for this event.

This random design is indeed here to stay, at least for the forsee-able future, @ -10:12 in the video.
Link to the Facebook video of the Live Q&A:

@Killiak @Vetrinus From -15:17 about the change to get more of the same quest in a row. At least 2 or 3 is mentioned, and it is mentioned that this is by design. So they can always say, it is random, so there is a change to get more of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I am in chapter 7 of elf city but it will not give me the decorative pillars that I have manufactured. I even have the required levels from chapter 6.
Sorry to say, but your marble factories are not the required level, they need to be at least at level 16. Currently I can only see level 15 and lower in your city.

DeletedUser1874

@Killiak @Vetrinus From -15:17 about the change to get more of the same quest in a row. At least 2 or 3 is mentioned, and it is mentioned that this is by design. So they can always say, it is random, so there is a change to get more of them.
Thanks for sharing that with the timestamp. To me it sounds like "part and parcel of playing Elvenar will be getting stuck and thus annoyed from now on and we don't think it's a problem". It also very much sounded like they themselves were far from confident in providing their explanations, and it's not about the language barrier. It's clearly about the inherent contradictions and inability to come up with a satisfying explanation - so much so that the tone immediately shifted when they discussed less controversial topics: no more stuttering, no more "err, uuh, uhm" and the like. What a huge letdown.

m4rt1n

Adept
The entire quest system seems to get stuck for me, back to back Scout/Research/15VisonVapour, see the thing is I am sat waiting on chapter 15, so have no choice but to do the Vision Vapor or wait 4 days for a scout. I get the occasional doable quick quest in-between then end up stuck again and now am at critically low levels of CC spells to craft.
Who created the list, it is ridiculous that the same quest can repeat several times in a row.
Like most players I know, I do not mind very long waiting time quests if they appear in a sensible order, not back to back then a doable one then back to back and sometimes triple punishing quests.

What happened to this event, the artwork is superb, the new evolvable buildings I like and will sit in my city nicely, but someone in HQ, decided to "carrot and stick" things and upset most players I have spoken too including 24/25 of my fellowship (1 member on vacation), very sadly.

In my honest opinion someone in the development team needs a good poke (up the backside)* with that carrot stick to see reality of what is happening.

*Yorkshire Humour - no offense meant to anyone. :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser1874

What happened to this event, the artwork is superb
Superb, yes, but once more recycled, unlike the new stuff in the Mermaid's event. Except for the bears and pandas of course. Felt like pointing that out, since it adds to the overall disappointment in this event. Of course the artwork being recycled is the least of the problems here, no doubt about that.

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
Sometimes it's a fine line between being too easy where people quit out of boredom vs too hard where people quit out of not being able to do it.
If people can't do it - they won't do it and events can come and go while I happily do tournaments and grow AWs.
I'll stick this one out and see if I manage to get anywhere with it but I'm not a glutton for punishment.
It's a pity really because the month long events have always been my favorites and now it's been 'improved' beyond recognition.

Deleted User - 1759805

At this rate I can barely gain 400 keys a day.
Well, if you can sustain 400/day it might not be too bad - that's 8K+ keys total, and a pretty good chance of a single L10 bear. The question is, can you sustain it? The cap is 80 per quest max, so pretty quickly 400/day would mean 5 quests/day on average. With no more time boosts and frequencies of scout/VV that you're seeing, that would be hard to accomplish.

m4rt1n

Adept
Superb, yes, but once more recycled, unlike the new stuff in the Mermaid's event. Except for the bears and pandas of course. Felt like pointing that out, since it adds to the overall disappointment in this event. Of course the artwork being recycled is the least of the problems here, no doubt about that.

I was talking about the the Bears', the buildings in every stage are beautiful, sorry I should have made that clearer in my post, as I have all the recycled buildings either in my city, inventory or already disenchanted.

Apologies for any confusion in my post. :)

DeletedUser1874

I was talking about the the Bears', the buildings in every stage are beautiful, sorry I should have made that clearer in my post, as I have all the recycled buildings either in my city, inventory or already disenchanted.

Apologies for any confusion in my post. :)
Indeed - if there's something Inno has never disappointed me thus far, it's the fantastic job their artistic team provides. I might've mentioned it in another post some months ago, but I don't even mind some of the buildings being recycled - I had to delete some that I really liked back then when RR wasn't a thing, and now it gets better with the Teleport spell. So there's at least this silver lining. :)

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
I finally got a different quest!
5 encounters or 25 tourney encounters - and my tourney time will start soon.
Let's see if I can get a few quests completed before I bog down again.

m4rt1n

Adept
I finally got a different quest!
5 encounters or 25 tourney encounters - and my tourney time will start soon.
Let's see if I can get a few quests completed before I bog down again.

I got that one, did that one then back to the next was, scout/tech/15vv, like a little break.

I am now sat stuck for over 48 hours, luckily my scout is half way done as I am now out of cc to craft. :(

Only 2 days to wait, not 4 days. :(

wiccabird

Seeker
SERIOUSLY! WTF is wrong with you people???
Making sure you can't continue if you don't have any workshops from 3 levels previous. I sold all of mine because I get supplies from other buildings and needed the room.
If you intend to treat paying players this way then I'll stop spending my money.
F..k..g SIMPLE!!!

Killiak

Artisan
According to the Live Q&A on Facebook today, it is as intended. So you have to live with it.
Well, if you can sustain 400/day it might not be too bad - that's 8K+ keys total, and a pretty good chance of a single L10 bear. The question is, can you sustain it? The cap is 80 per quest max, so pretty quickly 400/day would mean 5 quests/day on average. With no more time boosts and frequencies of scout/VV that you're seeing, that would be hard to accomplish.

Well, before day 7 you need to push yourself to get as many keys as you can. Then spend as much as you can to get as many time instants as you can.
After that, once again push as much you can by using those time instants.

Basically; don't mind all the other rewards, the dailies etc etc; purely focus on keys. Yeah, it will be hard, but that seems to be the only way to maintain the average.

Deleted User - 1759805

Well, before day 7 you need to push yourself to get as many keys as you can. Then spend as much as you can to get as many time instants as you can.
After that, once again push as much you can by using those time instants.

Basically; don't mind all the other rewards, the dailies etc etc; purely focus on keys. Yeah, it will be hard, but that seems to be the only way to maintain the average.
Not sure that 4x14hr is the best option for that. What are you going to use 14hr instants for? Toolboxes, scouts or enchantments - that's pretty much it. 30x1hr is likely a better deal for that purpose, you'll hardly waste anything, and 1hr can be applied to just about any quest efficiently. It's a week later though.