• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

Killiak

Artisan
I'm honestly not sure if this is an improvement. 30% less make 5 toolbox quests, and a 58% reduction in keys earned.

"also lowered the cap of the increasing amount of Golden Keys per quest earlier, at 80 Golden Keys."

Give you 1, take away 2.

Less toolbox quests gives more time overall for the other quests though.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Less toolbox quests gives more time overall for the other quests though.

There are plenty of other time consuming quests - gain 15 VV will often take a whole day for example, and its now worth 80 instead of 188 keys. This will help those who have very few workshops and/or didn't start building new ones 2 weeks ago.

My gut says if you have less than 5 WS its probably a help, more than 5 you just lost out.

You now need to do this quest 2.35 times more often for the same result:

Solve 45 Tournament Encounters or Solve 9 Encounters

etc etc

Killiak

Artisan
There are plenty of other time consuming quests - gain 15 VV will often take a whole day for example, and its now worth 80 instead of 188 keys. This will help those who have very few workshops and/or didn't start building new ones 2 weeks ago.

My gut says if you have less than 5 WS its probably a help, more than 5 you just lost out.

More than 5, or those with premium, can then use them to pre-build toolboxes though.
It's certainly changing strategy though, as some of my FS members will now build a few more manu instead. (yes, we adapt quick)

DeletedUser1874

I'm honestly not sure if this is an improvement. 30% less make 5 toolbox quests, and a 58% reduction in keys earned.

"also lowered the cap of the increasing amount of Golden Keys per quest earlier, at 80 Golden Keys."

Give you 1, take away 2.
True, but at least there's this:

"We will make it so that productions done with Magic Workshops count towards Chapter-based production quests in the event twice. This to ensure that your Magic Workshops are also giving a bigger advantage in the event."

Errandil

Conjurer
I have a strange feeling that it's better to just get along with anything Inno do and not complain. Their improvements aren't really improvements. Going from 188 keys per quest to 80 makes the event much harder than it was before. And it wasn't an easy one as it is. Getting more than one bear shoud be a real challenge now.

On the plus side they made a good decision about the magic WSs. Even though I have none I'm glad that those who pay for this game aren't disadvantaged now.

DeletedUser8409

Thank you Inno for listening to the feedback. As I'm typing on the phone I don't know from here how to tag users but a special Thank You to Dizzy Lizzie and Muf Muf.

Yes this hasn't made the event any easier as the rewards have been more than halved per quests (188 to 80) but it's fair now and we are on a level playing field. Challenging but fair I can live with, challenging and unfair isn't right.

Any idea when we can expect this change to go live? And will you let us know when its live?

Errandil

Conjurer
Yes this hasn't made the event any easier as the rewards have been more than halved per quests (188 to 80) but it's fair now and we are on a level playing field. Challenging but fair I can live with, challenging and unfair isn't right.
How exactly does it makes the event more fair? If everyone get two times less event currency it just means that those with 10-15 WSs now they have a chance to get more than one bear fully evolved and those who have only 5 will be lucky to get one.

It seems that Inno just checked the stats, discovered that on beta too many players managed to get a full set of bears or something and lowered the quest rewards pretending to be listening to the feedback.

Deleted User - 384643

The only actual improvement I see is that Magic Workshops productions will count for 2 ordinary workshop productions in quests (and that improvement has yet to be implemented).

Less workshop quests is NOT an improvement because this means there will be more "gain * relics", "solve x encounters", "scout 1 province, research 1 technology or gain 15 Vision Vapor" quests.
Why not lower the amount of toolbox production quests you can get instead? Because those were the actual problem.

And it's definitely not an improvement that instead of a 188 cap to keys gained by quests it's lowered to a measly maximum 80 keys per quest! :mad:

IMO what these changes have accomplished is making it even more difficult to gain enough keys and thus making this event that much harder. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Hekata

Artisan
IMO those changes just made the game twice as hard. Not all quests involving WS were a problem, infarct only 1 (one) - toolboxes - was. Make beverages and simple tools and bread and advanced tools, those are easy and doable quests even with a low number of WS. All they had to do is just drop that 1 quest. Instead we are left with a higher probability of much harder quests like VV, scouting and those that can actually damage our game like too many encounters, relics... And on top of that a huge reduction in keys. I'm going to agree with @Errandil here that it looks more like they didn't like that stats they got on Beta and wanted us to get less prizes here. Didn't @Piglets For All just say that he got a brown bear on beta and started 6 day later the event and has 9 more day to get another one? So apparently with 188 keys and some effort you could get the set.

The MWS folks are the only ones who actually got something out of this, which is fair. It was simple solution and it's not in their interest to keep the folks that spend lots of money on the game dissatisfied.

Last edited:

DeletedUser4149

The only actual improvement I see is that Magic Workshops productions will count for 2 ordinary workshop productions in quests (and that improvement has yet to be implemented).
that's not an improvement in my opinion. it only makes this game less free to play, as it is advertised.
this is a step backwards from when they made grand prizes more accessible to everyone, instead of just wealthy players.
now they are even less accessible then they were before these changes to everyone since keys were reduced also.
but that's what the people here wanted, a bigger advantage to those who spent $ and it came at the expense of everyone who doesn't spend as much money on a free to play game.

DeletedUser8632

Yay! Less workshop quests.. which are tedious, granted. Now we have a much better chance to get Vision Vapor, CC, Scout Province, get enchantments quests, which are not tedious at all! I am so happy now. But at least they are reducing the rewards.

Since this is a feedback thread: I think maybe Inno could make something like a beta game where they test out this things before they let it loose on the general population. Oh... wait...

DeletedUser8409

that's not an improvement in my opinion. it only makes this game less free to play, as it is advertised.
this is a step backwards from when they made grand prizes more accessible to everyone, instead of just wealthy players.
now they are even less accessible then they were before these changes to everyone since keys were reduced also.
but that's what the people here wanted, a bigger advantage to those who spent $ and it came at the expense of everyone who doesn't spend as much money on a free to play game.
Its not less free to play, its fixing an unintended error.

A MWS was always advertised as and meant to be two Workshops in the space of one, it even consumes more population than a regular Workshop. All MWS owners gain is a bit of space saving by compacting the two workshops into one. This meant that this change had caused an unintended major flaw - those with fewer workshops as they'd bought magic were being penalised for it.

Using my own case as an example, until very recently I owned 7 regular workshops. I sold 6 regular and bought 3 magic, leaving me with 4 total. This didn't change my output at all, it remained the same output as 7. But that meant that I was royally screwed with the 5x Toolbox quest as it would have taken me 48 hours as I'd spent diamonds, whereas before I spent diamonds I could have done it easily. This just fixes that error. Previously with 7 regular I could use 5/7 and have 2 free to do other stuff, whereas now I could use 2/3 magic and 1 regular to do it, keeping 1 magic free to do other things.

If anything free players remain a tiny advantage as the quest requirements are odd so if you're purely premium you need to produce 3x magic [6x regular worth] of supplies to fill the quest, whereas free players only need 5x regular. But its such a small difference as to be a rounding error.

DeletedUser4149

@yo momma love me Do your lights come on for free?
they're on for free now, yes. it's noon and partly sunny outside:)
many websites are paid for by ads, by the way.
free to play shouldn't mean you'll have to pay to succeed.
if those of us who didn't spend a lot of $ on this game all stopped playing, this game might not be too great w/ less than 1000 active players in each world.

Deleted User - 1759805

I have a strange feeling that it's better to just get along with anything Inno do and not complain. Their improvements aren't really improvements. Going from 188 keys per quest to 80 makes the event much harder than it was before. And it wasn't an easy one as it is. Getting more than one bear shoud be a real challenge now.

On the plus side they made a good decision about the magic WSs. Even though I have none I'm glad that those who pay for this game aren't disadvantaged now.
Just when I thought that we can't get any more "improvements". Outside of the magic WS change which made perfect sense, the rest is just terribad. So we would be getting 30% less of 24h WS quests. Well, you're also getting 30% less of 5min, 15min, 1hr WS etc quests that you could skate through quickly. So even that change might be a negative just for aggregate WS production. And adding insult to injury, you will also be getting higher chance of getting other blocking quests. Awesome!

But the real kicker is the drop of the cap from 188 down to 80. Do you realize that currently one hits 80 points pretty early - quest #67 to be exact (maybe it will get adjusted, who knows)? So basically, once you reach the steady state on points, you will need to do more than 2x quests to hit the same total point output. Let it sink for a moment. This means 2x+ more all the blocking quests - such as - tada! - 24 hour WS, as well as others. Still think you're getting ahead with this change?

I am not easy to impress, but I am impressed. Bravo. /sarcasm

DeletedUser8409

they're on for free now, yes. it's noon and partly sunny outside:)
many websites are paid for by ads, by the way.
free to play shouldn't mean you'll have to pay to succeed.
if those of us who didn't spend a lot of $ on this game all stopped playing, this game might not be too great w/ less than 1000 active players in each world.
There's no reason for free players to stop playing though, you can still complete the event with regular workshops, there's no disadvantage. Chances are you have twice as many regular workshops as a player with the same chapter and supplies output who is using premium anyway.

Plus you can earn MWS via Wells.

DeletedUser8409

Just when I thought that we can't get any more "improvements". Outside of the magic WS change which made perfect sense, the rest is just terribad. So we would be getting 30% less of 24h WS quests. Well, you're also getting 30% less of 5min, 15min, 1hr WS etc quests that you could skate through quickly. So even that change might be a negative just for aggregate WS production. And adding insult to injury, you will also be getting higher chance of getting other blocking quests. Awesome!

But the real kicker is the drop of the cap from 188 down to 80. Do you realize that currently one hits 80 points pretty early - quest #67 to be exact (maybe it will get adjusted, who knows)? So basically, once you reach the steady state on points, you will need to do more than 2x quests to hit the same total point output. Let it sink for a moment. This means 2x+ more all the blocking quests - such as - tada! - 24 hour WS, as well as others. Still think you're getting ahead with this change?

I am not easy to impress, but I am impressed. Bravo. /sarcasm
Last time we were capped at 64. This is still a 20% improvement on then.

Personally I found 188 to be awfully generous and I'm not surprised it hasn't lasted. I suspect its dropping has very little to do with these changes and they're just convenient to announce at the same time.

DeletedUser4149

This meant that this change had caused an unintended major flaw - those with fewer workshops as they'd bought magic were being penalised for it.
it also penalized those who worked to earn mermaids and ancient wonders that produced supplies too.
but wealthy players wanted an even bigger advantage than the advantage they'll have for the 8 months of the year when there aren't event quests like this.