• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

alsael

Enchanter
I guess you are not thinking of doing anything about magic workshops for this event.But consider this for future events:if you don't give an edge for magic workshops(like the easiest solution x2 production count for number quests),you void the main benefit of having a MW-saving space by having a few magic workshops,than double regulars.You will be "forcing" us to keep all our regulars(if we want to do number quests at a decent rate that is).
So,those who were thinking of spending diamonds on MW,now they won't(why should they?better use diamonds for space).Not a very good tactic motivating players to spent money I believe.That is one main goal of the game?give us reasons to spent money on features worth aquaring?
So,better think about MW production for next events.The solution is simple:MW should count as double during events.It is fair,no one will complain,and maybe give motivation for more players to buy magic workshops:)
(Teleport spells is NOT the solution for this problem:we want many of them to save the regular workshops in inventory for next event,difficult to aquire,and then we must find the space to place the workshops back...)

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Then you'd be wrong.

snoopers.JPG

the numbers tell the story...:p ive seen the guests a lot higher too.
What makes you so sure people dont read the forum?

Deleted User - 384643

View attachment 3975

The numbers actually prove @Killiak right. There are at least 10K+ active players in the 3 worlds of the international server to which this forum is linked.
Less than 5% of those visit the forum. So most DON'T read the forum (no matter how many forum contests Inno holds to lure more people here).

Hekata

Artisan
Question i am wondering; will all the buildings we store still tie up population? Or do we get them returned to the pool, and then need the populace in place when we haul it out of storage?

From what I've red on beta we get the pop back but need to have the requested amount of it if we want to place the building in our city again or we can't do it.

Edit: I don't have a city on beta, that's just what I got form the forum, so not 100% sure.

DeletedUser4149

the point is that these quests to use higher level factories and workshops are not a good way to slow people down from getting too many prizes. they punish anyone who managed to find a way to produce supplies and tier 1 goods more efficiently than w/ standard buildings. people who won mermaids and sold tier 1 factories are also at a disadvantage. people in later chapters are too since it takes a long time to build shops and factories of the required level.

i think the answer is to either put a cap on prizes, especially grand prizes, or to be more creative w/ the quests.
quests to collect the keys that fall would be a good way to limit the # of quests a player can accomplish.
i think all of these instants for every single thing made quests too easy a long time ago and were probably a mistake to begin with.
now they have fewer ways to limit our production of everything, especially for a given amount of time during an event.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lelanya

Mentor
From what I've red on beta we get the pop back but need to have the requested amount of it if we want to place the building in our city again or we can't do it.

Edit: I don't have a city on beta, that's just what I got form the forum, so not 100% sure.
We have a lot that is being transferred over from Forge of Empires and that is how it works there, but it's best to ask.

DeletedUser

Question i am wondering; will all the buildings we store still tie up population? Or do we get them returned to the pool, and then need the populace in place when we haul it out of storage?

Hekata is right. Population is released as soon as a building is put in inventory. To put them back you need to have the population it first needed available. The building in the inventory will tell you the requirements, just like when first building them, including a free builder. It takes 10 seconds to rebuild it. Sucky thing, it does not tell what level a certain stored building is, at least not with the ones I tested out :confused:

DeletedUser8409

Hekata is right. Population is released as soon as a building is put in inventory. To put them back you need to have the population it first needed available. The building in the inventory will tell you the requirements, just like when first building them, including a free builder. It takes 10 seconds to rebuild it. Sucky thing, it does not tell what level a certain stored building is, at least not with the ones I tested out :confused:
That's surely a bug? What if you have multiple of the same building stored but at separate levels?

DeletedUser

@randblade well I tested it with 3 different levels of steel factories and all show the same text, not stating any level only the requirements differ.
The only way I could know the level is clicking on the i information icon, then it tells the original build time for that level, and look it up on the Wiki :(

DeletedUser8409

@randblade well I tested it with 3 different levels of steel factories and all show the same text, not stating any level only the requirements differ.
The only way I could know the level is clicking on the ! icon, then it tells the original build time for that level, and look it up on the Wiki :(
Wow. Hopefully next patch will fix that. Meanwhile this Spire will be half complete before it's launched it seems.

DeletedUser1874

i don't feel sorry for those w/ magic workshops. they had an advantage of increased production for 8 months out of this year already and needed to use fewer spells on them than those who bought magic homes instead of magic workshops, for example. now that they're at a disadvantage for 1 month, some seem to make it sound like their magic homes are worthless. i also wonder how many of those who don't like this new idea are actually trying to adjust to the new situation by building more workshop for the event.
Quite a lot of them, I'm sure, given that if they invested in magic buildings they likely care about the game. And that's without taking into consideration that it's very reasonable to assume that those who buy magic buildings buy both, not just one or the other, and that magic workshops still require more population and culture. Also, I'm not sure how bitter displays of envy towards premium players are going to help. I hope you're aware that without those premium players you evidently resent, you wouldn't be able to play for free, or without getting swarmed by ads anyhow.

Killiak

Artisan
View attachment 3975

The real question is, what makes you so sure they do?
As @Cerebros has already stated, the numbers work in my favor, and I have been in several fellowships where I actually asked people about it.

In conclusion; They don't, you're quite mistaken.
About a good many other things too, but it seems others have already taken up that gauntlet.

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
I have just started the event, no little "i" on tool tips telling us only relevant level buildings count. Created beverages on lvl 1 workshop. Not sure about manufactories yet. Seems Inno got the the message and adjusted requirements.