• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

DeletedUser5942

Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the Autumn Zodiac event. We're looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team
This has got to be the worst event that I have ever played on Elvenar. Due to the repetition of some quests I find myself with nothing to do for hours (sometimes 24 hours) at a time. I got produce toolbox twice in a row. The probability against this happening is astronomical if the tasks were truely random

Timneh

Artisan
The probability against this happening is astronomical if the tasks were truely random

We already know that the quests are not truely random, they are weighted to give more of the longer quests.

When i first started playing this game i had a Beta city and it was at the time that events had just been introduced. Some of you guys that have been playing long enough might remember that in the beggining events had quests like produce beverages 50, 60 or 70 times. Some players on Beta complained about the numbers required in these quests and also large numbers of simple tools in other quests and they asked on the forum why the numbers were so high. The reply they got was that the quests were designed to try and keep players online playing the game for as long as possible, i'm now just wondering why they seem to want players spending less time online playing the game. Reading some of the posts on this thread that seems to be what is happening with these long back to back quests.

Errandil

Conjurer
The probability against this happening is astronomical if the tasks were truely random
Actually from the stats I've gathered it's about 0,25%. Unlikely but there has to be some lucky players like you since it is only 1/400 and there's way more than 400 players playing this game.
But from the game design standpoint this system is terrible, there should be some checks to avoid situations like this.

DeletedUser8409

Are we playing the same game? It's all about priorities, if you really want to do this event then sell a few other buildings that will free up population. Those buildings can be rebuilt afterwards. Also many people have different pop/cult buildings from events in inventory, they will give instant population. And you don't need it to be done in 48hrs.
Depends what buildings you have to sell. I had zero manufactories, what was I supposed to sell? I ended up having to sell my Training Grounds and teleport an armory as that's all I had.
I agree that it would have been good if we were told long before the event started. But as we weren't it's just to live with it. It's the same for everybody and if you had started building those workshops when the event started I guess it could have been done by now. And the time left of the event should be enough to get atleast one fully upgraded bear if you ain't extremely unlucky with quests.
Its not the same for everyone. If you already had T1, and already had workshops then you're in a better position than a player who had no T1 and had few if any workshops. If you're in a low chapter you can build new ones rapidly, not in the same position as a late-game player who takes weeks per building.

This event screwed over players who've spent a lot of time working on building a city outside the norm.

valle

Soothsayer
Depends what buildings you have to sell. I had zero manufactories, what was I supposed to sell? I ended up having to sell my Training Grounds and teleport an armory as that's all I had.

Its not the same for everyone. If you already had T1, and already had workshops then you're in a better position than a player who had no T1 and had few if any workshops. If you're in a low chapter you can build new ones rapidly, not in the same position as a late-game player who takes weeks per building.

This event screwed over players who've spent a lot of time working on building a city outside the norm.

The problem is that if events shall be doable by all variations of city people can come up with, it will be very limited type of quests.

There are people without military buildings. So no troop building quests possible. And so on for other extremes.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with your city, but by making a very out of the norm city you can't expect that events should be made with such cities in mind as it would be impossible with all the city variations people can come up with.

DeletedUser8409

The problem is that if events shall be doable by all variations of city people can come up with, it will be very limited type of quests.

There are people without military buildings. So no troop building quests possible. And so on for other extremes.

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with your city, but by making a very out of the norm city you can't expect that events should be made with such cities in mind as it would be impossible with all the city variations people can come up with.
Sorry but that's ridiculous. Events have been going for years, I've spent years building my city and it met all expectations for events as we were capable of building level 1 buildings to fulfill the quests. There's no extra variety now just a restriction that never previously existed.

A change as dramatic as no longer allowing Level 1 buildings and instead needing buildings that take weeks or months to upgrade can and should have been COMMUNICATED. That would have allowed people to adjust.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Thanks again for your continued feedback and the nice discussion that's been going here for the last few days. We've been reading along, and - also in response to that - we have drafted a more elaborate post to both answer to your feedback, and to share some further information on what we plan to do with it. You can find it here.

Please continue to let us know your feedback, as usual! :)

Hekata

Artisan
Ensuring that the event is playable for people in the earliest Chapters of the game is also the reason why event quests never require Tier 2 or Tier 3 Goods productions, Sentient Goods or any other options that are only unlocked significantly later in the game.

But why can't these quests be as options? You stated in the same post that players in lower chapters can't do the spire and the MA quests so they have the encounters/scout options and players at the end of the tech tree can't do research so they have the VV quests. How are T2, T3 and other goods different from that?

EDIT: full quote because you say it in the same paragraph of the post that you give options when quests can't be complete by some players.

We have to consider that our events are available to players of all Chapters, including the very newest players, who cannot yet craft Recipes, gain Vision Vapor or Enchantments from the Magic Academy, or complete Encounters in the Spire of Eternity. Therefore, we will need to offer alternatives for these quests, which we can do with Scouting- or Research-related tasks more easily for early Chapter players. For further-advanced players, the tasks to play some Encounters in the Spire or to craft Recipes should generally cause no issues to complete, and will remain the intended option for them to choose. Ensuring that the event is playable for people in the earliest Chapters of the game is also the reason why event quests never require Tier 2 or Tier 3 Goods productions, Sentient Goods or any other options that are only unlocked significantly later in the game.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 106219

Please continue to let us know your feedback, as usual! :)
Alright, here's my first rection to your post:
the reason why event quests never require Tier 2 or Tier 3 Goods productions, Sentient Goods or any other options that are only unlocked significantly later in the game.
That's just stupid. Exactly what is stopping you from having a quest like this one:
Gain 200 Steel or gain 100 Crystal or gain 50 Elixir

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Thanks again for your continued feedback and the nice discussion that's been going here for the last few days. We've been reading along, and - also in response to that - we have drafted a more elaborate post to both answer to your feedback, and to share some further information on what we plan to do with it. You can find it here.

Unless I have missed something, you're planning on giving us similar events in the future, with only minimal tweaks to it. Which to me does not seem to be adequate given the feedback :(

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Alright, here's my first rection to your post:

That's just stupid. Exactly what is stopping you from having a quest like this one:
Gain 200 Steel or gain 100 Crystal or gain 50 Elixir
I suppose this could be a technical possibility, though the quest window's UI would not be able to display the different amounts that nicely, and it would indeed need to be "OR" and not "AND/OR" to work correctly, meaning you would not be able to mix various types of goods. That said, I don't think this has been tested (at least not recently), and it could cause problems that I cannot currently foresee. Interesting idea, though! :)

Timneh

Artisan
So the events are stying the way they are now with just a few small insignificant tweaks. This just strengthens my belief that the devs are sitting in their chairs saying ok you can all complain as much as you want but you are all still playing the event so why should we make any big changes. You might not be happy but you are still doing what we want you to do.

DeletedUser3255

This game requires you to be able to adapt to changing requirements. Earlier you adapted by removing workshops, now you will have to adapt by adding workshops. Normal workshops will work, you don't need MWs, even if having one is great for the double effect in quests.

NEVER :D :p :D :p :D

Pauly7

Magus
I appreciate the dialogue @Muf-Muf, but I'm with @Timneh. You're saying that you're listening, but will essentially keep the format just the same anyway with perhaps a slight adjustment to probabilities.

I am wondering whether the plan is to revert "from your current or last 3 chapters" to "from your current chapter". If so then I won't get involved to any greater extent than doing a few quests that may happen to complete with no effort. Anyone else truly dissatisfied has to take the same stance as the only possible way to instigate change for the better.

Killiak

Artisan
Indeed. The tl;dr of that announcement is basically; "We'll change it a bit, but not much , and reduce the worldmap quests a bit. Suck it up."

There is zero point to rehashing all the arguments over and over again, when clearly the decision has been made.
Hope you are ready for another 30+ pages of mostly discontent during the next event.

m4rt1n

Adept
Ok, this event has been very frustrating, and almost led to me quitting entirely, but now I have 2 two fully upgraded bears built, 8 artifacts in the bank and see the GP after the next artifact is another Brown Bear, so for the space of a Vallorian Valor, most likely in the remaining days instead of building the 3rd Bear I may well be able to have 2 Brown Bears instead. As a fighter that is nice.

As my pocket got FOMO, I've spent £20 I didn't intend to last week, but have learned and will not be doing that again.

No time boosters left but I always spun chests for keys or time boosters where available, the lowest per star if not. Despite being end game I started the event with 505 province solved and another 10 open, and now have 525 province solved and 3 open.

Also I have had to put in 2 huge tournament scores last week 2nd on EN1 and this week around 10th currently to do the huge amount of relics/encounters quests. This has only been possible because I had a good supply of the 2x2 military boost buildings, supply instants and time boosters for instatroops, and am very good at fighting both manual and auto from years of practice.

I also scratch built 3 extra workshops as soon as the event was on beta and the requirement I saw was necessary, so 2 weeks before anyone who doesn't read beta. Again only possible because I upgraded my Builder hut in my early naive days of playing. That is my biggest concern for other players. Luckily I continued to build them despite the alteration in beta. It meant I could hold 5 toolbox.

To be fair, @Muf-Muf Inno must assume most players only have 2 builders and a level 2 Magic Academy.

Last edited:

Maillie

Spellcaster
I am in Beta, and I see the upcoming winter event as not doable unless I can finish Chapter 15 (which hasn't even started yet in the live cities). The settlement area is massive and there is absolutely no room, and little use, for tier one boosted manufactories of appropriate level, they are gigantic. Adding enormous workshops will be utterly impossible.

I'm sorry to say this, but I'm quite saddened by the fact that the vast majority hate this format, so the devs are going to continue it with a few minor tweaks. I'm almost scared to report this to my fellowship. This is news that they are not going to like, since the event is a constant subject in chat.

m4rt1n

Adept
I am in Beta, and I see the upcoming winter event as not doable unless I can finish Chapter 15 (which hasn't even started yet in the live cities). The settlement area is massive and there is absolutely no room, and little use, for tier one boosted manufactories of appropriate level, they are gigantic. Adding enormous workshops will be utterly impossible.

I'm sorry to say this, but I'm quite saddened by the fact that the vast majority hate this format, so the devs are going to continue it with a few minor tweaks. I'm almost scared to report this to my fellowship. This is news that they are not going to like, since the event is a constant subject in chat.

That is a very good point, one I had overlooked. Now the teleport spell is available and players know events need T1 Manu's and Workshops at upgraded levels they use the spell to save them for events, then the winter event will come and everyone endgame now will have a FULL chapter 15 settlement city at that point, so EVENT OVER, INNO staff on xmas vacation, Merry Christmas, lol :D:eek::confused::mad:o_O

Eryn Galen

Adventurer
Anyone else truly dissatisfied has to take the same stance as the only possible way to instigate change for the better.

Exactly, which is why this is the last event I intend on participating in. I'm not a diamond-buyer anyway, so it's not like they're going to care.

m4rt1n

Adept
Exactly, which is why this is the last event I intend on participating in. I'm not a diamond-buyer anyway, so it's not like they're going to care.

We can all play the game for free, @Maillie I don't intend to spend either especially after the incident last week where I almost rage quit, and without huge personal support from some very friendly guys in support would not have a city now.

I see the game differently now, we can all play for FREE, progress to our liking and build our cities and ignore events, or just do what gets done naturally with play. The special buildings are not over special any more, as they all need feeding, and Inno cut down the feeding recipes appearing in crafting meaning that they should all now be based on the production without the feed.

Previous evolving buildings can now be crafted also like the Phoenix ones but no means of getting the evolving Artifacts.

For my sanity I think it best I just concentrate on my city from now on as I have had big players stop playing in my fellowship and no event is worth quitting over, when you can still play for free. :)