• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

m4rt1n

Adept
The random would work if all quests had equal chance of appearing.

To me it seems the quests are assigned different percentage chances of appearing, for example

Scout/research/vv 50%
45/9 encounters 30%
Toolbox 15%
Other quests 5%

A better way of doing it would in my opinion be to group the quests into 2 or 3 quests per random selection. For example

Group 1
Scout/research/15vv
Toolbox
Groceries

Group 2
Encounters
Relics
Enchantments

Group 3
Gain Supplies
Gain Goods
Gain Troops

Group 4
9 hour T1
3 hour T1
Advanced Tools

Group 5
Beverages
Simple Tools
Bread

Group 6
Visit
Place trades
Accept trades

This way the quests would be far more split and it would be at least 6 quests before the chance of a repeat quest coming.

Last edited:

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
I appreciate that sentiment and the list of examples may have just been a bit off the cuff.
Thank you @Pauly7 my faith in humanity has been restored. A little politeness goes a long way :)
I know my examples were somewhat creative, that was the point... Inno needs to be more inventive with their quests.

DeletedUser8409

The random would work if all quests had equal chance of appearing.

To me it seems the quests are assigned different percentage chances of appearing, for example

Scout/research/vv 50%
45/9 encounters 30%
Toolbox 15%
Other quests 5%

A better way of doing it would in my opinion be to group the quests into 2 or 3 quests per random selection. For example

Group 1
Scout/research/15vv
Toolbox
Groceries

Group 2
Encounters
Relics
Enchantments

Group 3
Gain Supplies
Gain Goods
Gain Troops

Group 4
9 hour T1
3 hour T1
Advanced Tools

Group 5
Beverages
Simple Tools
Bread

Group 6
Visit
Place trades
Accept trades

This way the quests would be far more split and it would be at least 6 quests before the chance of a repeat quest coming.
Except they're deliberately weighted and not meant to be even. Would it be better to have a system such as

1: Scout ...

2 Encounters or Relics

3: Scout

4: Produce T1 or T1 9h or T1 3h

5: Scout

6: Gain Supplies, Gain Goods or Gaint Troops

7: Scout

8: Toolbox

Back to 1.

Would that be an improvement?

m4rt1n

Adept
Except they're deliberately weighted and not meant to be even. Would it be better to have a system such as

1: Scout ...

2 Encounters or Relics

3: Scout

4: Produce T1 or T1 9h or T1 3h

5: Scout

6: Gain Supplies, Gain Goods or Gaint Troops

7: Scout

8: Toolbox

Back to 1.

Would that be an improvement?

Not at all for someone with 86h+ scouts, I just came up with an idea that parts of could be used to prevent the same quest coming straight back and my suggestion means a repeat quest would not be possible for 5-6 quests and return on average every 15-18 quests.
Obviously more blocks of quests could be added and they could be shuffled differently in the blocks.
I feel that would make things more enjoyable for a lot of players.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 1759805

They basically did exactly that for the Mermaids event.

DeletedUser8409

Not at all for someone with 86h+ scouts, I just came up with an idea that parts of could be used to prevent the same quest coming straight back and my suggestion means a repeat quest would not be possible for 5-6 quests and return on average every 15-18 quests.
Obviously more blocks of quests could be added and they could be shuffled differently in the blocks.
I feel that would make things more enjoyable for a lot of players.
If they weighted the quests evenly it would have a similar effect but they clearly aren't weighting the quests evenly and have said that's deliberate.

They could sequence them with a 50% ratio fixed but I don't see how that's an improvement your issue is the ratio not the randomness.

Pauly7

Magus
It still all comes down to the fact that they don't want us to do this many quests unless we are paying them for it. That's why Scout 1 Province keeps coming up at this stage.

As with the last event, people don't know when to pull out. Instead they win 6 grand prizes, but feel bad about the difficulty or cost.

A finite quest list, like the old days, would solve all this. OR, after 100 quests a message could pop up saying "Event complete. Click yes if you would like to proceed to the premium event."

Then there would be no doubt and they could still make their money.

DeletedUser8409

It still all comes down to the fact that they don't want us to do this many quests unless we are paying them for it. That's why Scout 1 Province keeps coming up at this stage.

As with the last event, people don't know when to pull out. Instead they win 6 grand prizes, but feel bad about the difficulty or cost.

A finite quest list, like the old days, would solve all this. OR, after 100 quests a message could pop up saying "Event complete. Click yes if you would like to proceed to the premium event."

Then there would be no doubt and they could still make their money.
Nothing's pushing you to continue past the first grand prize which is all you could have got beforehand. If you're getting more than that then it's because you are choosing to push harder in which case Thank You to Inno for making that an option.

Pushing on then complaining that you've pushed on is no more logical than looking at a cheat list of quests then complaining that there was a list of quests.

DeletedUser7047

I must admit, for now i didn't had any problem with this event...
It did help me that i was 4 techs from end tree when event started, but i have maybe scouted 1 province in this event.

Didn't used single diamond for the event(or don't remember doing so :D), i did used some time boosters thou.
Today i gathered my 10th bear upgrade without any problems, and with far less activity than in previous events.

I could agree that I'm getting mostly 5-7 same quests over and over, and it can piss you off sometimes(like i just did it 2 quest before).

I think that random quest system is good, and can be better(increasing number of quests in quest pool, introducing new quests, weighting quests by hardness in random), but all in all i like endless quest line, as i have now chance, with activity, to do more and get more than i could do before with sequential quests and double days.

I'm not sure putting quests in small lists will be better.
If you have 5 or 10 quests, each in 5-10 lists, you wouldn't get random any better.
You would just know when first quest appears which list you got, you can prepare for it, solve it, and very next random can be same list.... especially if you have small number of quests and/or lists.

IMHO, i would make 1 giant bag of quests and that would be truly random, with different hardness and rewards, I'm saying 100+ quests.

DeletedUser

I must admit, for now i didn't had any problem with this event... ... i have maybe scouted 1 province in this event.
Well lucky you lmao... I am at 41 already, and also used several researches, and such to skip some scoutings. But it will most likely give me 3 bears in the end.

But how far along did it get you? I only see 1 bear at stage 3 in your city. Can't say you have no problems finishing this event now, can I?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7047

Yeah i did 1 bear,i should get more upgrades before end of event.

I would also like to upgrade all 3 bears, but before you could barely upgrade 1 event building to full, now getting 1 easily, and 2nd partially, without paying diamonds is improvement for me.

DeletedUser8409

Yeah i did 1 bear,i should get more upgrades before end of event.

I would also like to upgrade all 3 bears, but before you could barely upgrade 1 event building to full, now getting 1 easily, and 2nd partially, without paying diamonds is improvement for me.
Exactly. Some of the people complaining are just being greedy. You can't expect infinite rewards with zero difficulty.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer

I will most likely get enough artifacts to get 3 bears to 10. Still for me this is the worst event ever. It feels like every single quest is meant to slow me down, to hinder my progress or deplete my resources. I'd rather have 1 bear at 8+ from an event that I actually enjoy than 3 fully evolved from this one.

You can't expect infinite rewards with zero difficulty.

From an infinite quest system, I do expect infinite rewards, and I like some variety in the quests. If Inno is not prepared to give away lots of prizes, it's better to make the quests finite, IMO. Too many prizes will ruin the game balance, though. I think as great as "infinite quest system" might have sounded at first, it's a dead end.

DeletedUser2456

What are you doing about the fact that players who sold regular Workshops and built half as many premium Workshops in their place are disadvantaged compared to the players who have kept twice as many regular workshops instead?

I sold 6 regular workshops and replaced them with 3 premium workshops because that was supposed to be better and kept the same output. But now I'm faced with tasks like "produce 5 toolboxes" that could have been done on my 6 regular workshops but can't be done on my 3 premium ones. Punishing players who have spent premium currency in order to cope with half as many buildings is a bizarre way to treat customers.

Can I please get a refund on my premium workshops please @Muf-Muf or @Dizzy Lizzie and my old regular restored? I would be better off with my old 6 regular workshops now than I am with my 3 premium workshops I spent many thousands of diamonds on purchasing specifically to replace them.

DeletedUser2456

Basically this event is a kick in the teeth to all players that have bought (with real money) premium workshops.
I will again ask the question that i asked on the beta thread (but got no answer as normal). How does reducing the number of required items in this event remove the disadvantage that players with premium workshops have ? Lets say a player has six normal workshops and another player has 3 premium workshops, they both get a quest to produce toolbox 5 times. The player with normal workshops will complete the quest in 1 day but for the player with only premium workshops it will take 2 days. Either i am missing something or the devs have got a screw loose if they think that is fair.
i think this event a rip off .apart from back to back same quests for relics so have to do more map though they tell us not to over scout ,also now 4 days 3 hours to scout one map space which is terrible time with having just one scouter could travel half way across world in real life for less time , so any time quest comes its over 4 day wait ,and the panda bear prize having too feed it and another pet just to get bit extra bonus in 48 hours is more trouble then worth ,pet food takes ages to get and costly to feed one animal let alone feed one twize !! what nosense is that , i make more in a normal factory in 3 hours then it gives in 48 hours , these events suppose to be fun to do this one is terrible even smaller team mates struggling with it , makes yo laugh when always quoting 'vist neighbours -do f/a togeather as team -friendship day - ,,, when you yourselfs not one bit person friendly everything in game has to be hard to get ,but needs another scouter --needs time to scout put down to sensible time and that panda wants to be sorted so dont need 2 feeds

DeletedUser9408

The Autumn Zodiac challenge seems to be heavily weighted against premium players in favor of low end players. So many of the quests are "scout a province" or "complete training" which is so much more expensive for premium players who have invested a lot of time in the game. Right now, scouting a province is taking me 60 hours to complete or more, compared to 20 minutes in my second, very low end city.

These challenges should be the same amount of pain for everyone to complete. They should be weighted against the level of the city (eg like other challenges that tell you to produce so many troops etc compared to number and level of barracks and armories)

The Autumn Zodiac seems very unfair towards the best players and has almost led me towards quitting the game. I'm already in a section that is very heavy on resources and this just doesn't seem fair.

m4rt1n

Adept
The Autumn Zodiac challenge seems to be heavily weighted against premium players in favor of low end players. So many of the quests are "scout a province" or "complete training" which is so much more expensive for premium players who have invested a lot of time in the game. Right now, scouting a province is taking me 60 hours to complete or more, compared to 20 minutes in my second, very low end city.

These challenges should be the same amount of pain for everyone to complete. They should be weighted against the level of the city (eg like other challenges that tell you to produce so many troops etc compared to number and level of barracks and armories)

The Autumn Zodiac seems very unfair towards the best players and has almost led me towards quitting the game. I'm already in a section that is very heavy on resources and this just doesn't seem fair.

My scouts take 86 hours and I wouldn't call myself a premium player, just a very active one who has spent small amounts over the years. By far my biggest investment here is my TIME. :)

I do agree with the problem of the huge amounts of scouting required this time around especially for players like myself with little alternative as we have no research left and the cc spells don't come fast enough to keep getting 15 vision vapors.

DeletedUser3255

Worst event ever :D

I have had to disenchant all my Bears because I couldn't progress enough to earn keys for evolutions.

I finished Constructs ages ago and was looking forward to the new up and coming race, not sure how I will proceed with this game now.

Absolute CAR CRASH - This event

#JustSaying

Last edited by a moderator:

m4rt1n

Adept
Worst event ever :D

I have had to disenchant all my Bears because I couldn't progress enough to earn keys for evolutions.

I finished Constructs ages ago and was looking forward to the new up and coming race, not sure how I will proceed with this game now.

Absolute CAR CRASH - This event

#JustSaying

I agree that the event format this time has been poor to say the least, especially with the repetitive nature of the quests.

I'm at the end of the Constructs also and have 86 hour scouts but have still managed to fully evolve 2 bears.

I don't understand how you haven't got any artifacts. At what point did you get completely stuck with space at the chapter end to get workshops to level 26 even if you had to use time boosters won from the initial quests by spinning the chests that contained them and doing some of the spire.