• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Autumn Zodiac

DeletedUser5093

There are 4 very simple fixes available I can see.
1: Count all premium workshops as 2 workshops [since that's what they were sold to us as]
3: Abolish all Toolbox etc quests and count supplies output only [eg instead of demanding 5xToolboxes, demand 5x Toolbox worth of supplies which premium workshops will complete quicker]
I think either of these solutions would be excellent, but I especially like #3 so long as it requires you to produce supplies and you can't gain them from instants. This would address several issues at the same time: people with magic workshops who naturally have less workshops, people who get supplies from event buildings and wonders, who also naturally have less workshops, and those who can't get their workshops to a sufficiently high level for the event. This would mean those with current level workshops would complete such quests in the expected amount of time, those with magic workshops would complete them quicker, or at least using less city space, and those with lower level workshops would just take longer to complete them, but would not find it impossible to do so, so are still able to participate in the event.

DeletedUser5976

It was sooooo easy to tackle these problems, but noooo it all has to be hard and confusing, and no player understands why.
I think we all understand why. They are solving a problem they created by introducing endless quests at the expense of our enjoyment of the game. I will sit this event out. I doubt my individual boycott will change anything, but that's the only thing I can do.

Timneh

Artisan
Workshops are not the only problem, my workshops are high enough but my manufactories are not and i do not have the time, resources or space to get them upgraded high enough to count for the event. I guess i will take part in the event up to the first quest where i need manufactories and then sit it out. I should thank Inno for this change because now i do not need to invest loads of time doing quests in the game and can go and do other things instead.
By the way Inno, when you make fairly big changes like this it would be nice if you gave players more notice so that they can make changes and prepare. Really badly thought out changes that have been made and yet again not much communication from Inno's side, but i no longer expect anything different from them.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I liked my planks manufactories. Levels 20/21 are nice, green and they had all production options (3 hours - 2 days) which I liked during vacation for example. I had five of them to cover the needs of my city. But I want to participate in this event and therefore I’m forced to upgrade them to at least level 24. I lost the 1&2 days options, I don’t need the increased production and I even had to add more people to my city to do it. I’m grumpy and my joy to play this event is already reduced before the event even started. And I’ll have a brown bear as a reminder of this unpleasant choice.

At least with workshops I was lucky and only need to add one in one city And it was needed there anyway.

Errandil

Conjurer
Really, Inno? You are releasing with a several days notice the event that requires up to two weeks of building non-stop depending on chapter and then you ask for the feedback? I think that the feedback about this event is like the fact that you are now punishing players who supported you with money - it's obvious to anyone but you. The problems with this event were pointed out the minute it was released at beta, and still they werrwer addressed in any sensible manner. Please postpone the release of this abomination and make the event playable first.

DeletedUser7081

I am not sure if I read a single "I Like this new system" feedback in the past couple of days. We all complain and complain and are completely ignored!

I will do what I can with what I have and that is it -Might get 2 or 3 artifacts and end of the story (I actually bought feathers to be able to have Phoenix at level 10! With this stupid decision most of us won't even be close to maxing the bear, so money lost for Inno - serves you right!).

Inno - worse customer service ever!

DeletedUser9351

For those of us who are still far far away from D111a timewarp, I wonder if not the Polar bear would be a better option over the Brown bear?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Really, Inno? You are releasing with a several days notice the event that requires up to two weeks of building non-stop depending on chapter and then you ask for the feedback? I think that the feedback about this event is like the fact that you are now punishing players who supported you with money - it's obvious to anyone but you. The problems with this event were pointed out the minute it was released at beta, and still they werrwer addressed in any sensible manner. Please postpone the release of this abomination and make the event playable first.

you've had 2 weeks notice to build up, as this appeared on beta then....:confused:

Deleted User - 106219

you've had 2 weeks notice to build up, as this appeared on beta then....:confused:
WRONG! There was NO official in-game notice about this! Doesn't matter how long ago the event was released on Beta, or that some of us play on Beta and so knew about it. Most players do not read the forum and do not play on Beta. Thus most players did not have "2 weeks notice". Simple as that.

Hekata

Artisan
you've had 2 weeks notice to build up, as this appeared on beta then....

WRONG! There was NO official in-game notice about this! Doesn't matter how long ago the event was released on Beta, or that some of us play on Beta and so knew about it. Most players do not read the forum and do not play on Beta. Thus most players did not have "2 weeks notice". Simple as that.

And if I may add, even those of us who knew about it because we follow the forum had our cities stuck doing FA and couldn't do anything about it. I started building 4 WS the moment it was over and still haven't upgraded them to LV22 (and won't before the event starts) because it takes over a week to do it.

DeletedUser9227

I don't have Magic Workshop but I can feel frustration of those who have. This issue really needs to be addressed. Premium should be premium in all aspects.

By the way, the bears look so cute. I like them. :p

Timneh

Artisan
you've had 2 weeks notice to build up, as this appeared on beta then....

As we keep getting told....just because something happens on Beta it does not mean it will come to live servers the way it was on Beta and may not even come to live servers at all. Until something is announced officially on live it might not happen. Take the spire for example, we heard about it here when it was released on Beta but it did not get released on live servers for 2 months or more and then there were changes to what first got released on Beta. :p

Thagdal

Sorcerer
for starters @shadowblack i was responding to errandil about not having 2 weeks notice, when he even states in his post about it being released on beta.

and @Timneh the spire was a new feature which took a couple of months to be released on live as it was being beta tested(even then the only changes where to lower the astronomical costs to even lower astronomical costs) . Events almost always get released 2 weeks later from beta, so no excuse there:p

and as has been said by people before, the choice is yours to particpate in events or not. stop being whiny and deal with it or politely go away.:)
and as @shadowblack states, not many players read the forum, so you are all wasting your time anyway.:p

Innogames runs a business, its not here to make the game to an individuals liking, as it has to cater for all players, not just entitled diamond players or long time players. A new player will come along and go wow this is a great game because it seems that way to start with....then they learn the hard way like the rest of us:D

Errandil

Conjurer
Yes, I follow beta forums, knew about the event and started building for it the moment we finished the third stage of the FA. But this doesn't change the fact that there was no announcement in the game. It's strange to rely on players spending extra time to read external resources when you introduce events that require weeks of preparations. Most of the players would have no idea about it coming.

Timneh

Artisan
and @Timneh the spire was a new feature which took a couple of months to be released on live as it was being beta tested(even then the only changes where to lower the astronomical costs to even lower astronomical costs) . Events almost always get released 2 weeks later from beta, so no excuse there

The way the upcoming event works is new as stated by the Beta CM and also as stated by the Beta CM the way it works is being monitored and if needed changes will be made and indeed have been made.
Your post does not change the fact that we get told by the CMs here that what happens on Beta might not happen here.

and as has been said by people before, the choice is yours to particpate in events or not. stop being whiny and deal with it or politely go away.

The forum is a place for players to air and discuss views and opinions and that is what they were doing, maybe it is not the way you like it but that is your problem and you need to deal with that or maybe you should politely go away.

as @shadowblack states, not many players read the forum, so you are all wasting your time anyway.

Not many players read the forum so how did they get 2 weeks notice about needing workshops and manufactories of a certain level like you said a number of posts ago ?

Thagdal

Sorcerer
Most players do not read the forum

Thagdal said:
as @shadowblack states, not many players read the forum, so you are all wasting your time anyway.

Not many players read the forum so how did they get 2 weeks notice about needing workshops and manufactories of a certain level like you said a number of posts ago ?
i never said it...as Shadowblack states:p

theres no reason people dont read the forum as there are buttons and notifications in game to come here, there were a few new people that signed up for the last contest, so i do believe most do read the forum, they just dont want to participate for whatever reason...maybe they cant be bothered reading the same crap over and over again (when a new event or update happens) posted by a few certain individuals...myself included:eek::D

The forum is a place for players to air and discuss views and opinions and that is what they were doing, maybe it is not the way you like it but that is your problem and you need to deal with that or maybe you should politely go away.

thats funny, people asking for refunds and wanting this and that to happen, doesnt sound like views or opinions to me. just cry babies not getting what they want so they throw tantrums.
"i paid for diamonds so i should get this" ...sorry it doesnt work that way.
"mods, cm's, why dont you reply to my whining" im sure they are fed up of it too.
"Devs, why dont you do what I want"...again it doesnt work like that, its not all about YOU.

i shall politely go away now;)

LazyTony

Sorcerer
This is a big change (requiring high level factories and workshops for events), and its not unreasonable for players to expect some notice of a change that requires 2 weeks + to react to (the build time for a level 26 workshop). It disproportionately effects players who run efficient cities\have collected supplies producing event buildings (and therefore are active players)\have spent diamonds on MW, or any combination of those 3. I would have thought those player groups are those Inno would least like to upset.

However, past form shows that Inno don't think through the consequences of their decisions very well, and certainly don't give advance notice of big changes (probably because the outcry might force a change).

I don't like this solution to a problem of Inno's own creation - endless quests allowing some players to win very big. My hunch though, is that endless quests are here to stay because Inno believe they sell more diamonds than with the previous event style and limited numbers of quests. If we must have endless quests then I really hope another solution is found to limit progress. Like most players I have around a third of my city left available for FAs, events and guest races. As someone who really enjoys planning out an efficient city this was already extremely painful - now I have to build useless massive workshops for weeks on end as well. I still need that space for FAs and guest races, so this adds to the problem rather than alleviating it. The teleport spell is like offering a band aid after cutting off a foot. I need to win about 15 teleport spells between each event to be back in the same place I was before this "innovation" in events. I find it particularly ironic that after an event when lots of players won "too many" of a building that makes T1 and probably deleted a bunch of T1 factories that Inno change the rules and make high level T1 factories necessary for the following event. I half expect that I put in a load of effort to get a brown bear this event and then find out fighting is removed from tourneys the week after or some other such nonsense.

Hekata

Artisan
If the chapter level WS and manufactories for events are here to stay then maybe it would be fair of Inno to give us each 10 teleport spells for free so we can pack these WS up for the next event. It would still require of us to get new teleport spells for the event after this one but we'd have more time to get them. It definitely doesn't solve this mess (bc getting teleport spells is based on luck and not production) but it would maybe be a start.