• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Autobattle unit selection when its not clear

Maximus20

Adventurer
Hi all,

I have a question around autobattle (as I play on mobile).

I have been told for autobattling, its best to use 5 of the same unit type. In some cases there is no clear "best" unit - for example if the enemy is an even mix of light range and heavy ranged. I know it gets even more complicated when you throw in enemy star levels as well but want some advice around what is best to do in those situations?

Also are there any calculators people have made for estimating best troops based on enemy troop configuration or are these all build for manual fighting?

Maximus20

Adventurer
And a point of clarification. This question assumes no special boosting buildings that will boost one specific unit type (such as a mage or LR) are used

Deleted User - 341074

In some cases there is no clear "best" unit - for example if the enemy is an even mix of light range and heavy ranged.
In that particular situation, you could use all heavy ranged since they are neutral against themselves and have an advantage against the light ranged.
The though process is something like this:
What kills HR?
  1. Mages, but they die to LM.
  2. Heavy Melee but they die to LM too.
  3. Light range is killed by HR.
  4. Light Melee is killed by HR too.
  5. That leaves HR which is neutral.

Next, How does HR do against the Light ranged? Advantage? Great we have a winner.

Basically in the big Rock-paper-scissors game when playing against 2 enemy types you sometimes have to go
Rock vs Rock
and
Rock vs scissors.

You might come out a little bruised but you should win.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Hi all,

I have been told for autobattling, its best to use 5 of the same unit type. In some cases there is no clear "best" unit - for example if the enemy is an even mix of light range and heavy ranged. I know it gets even more complicated when you throw in enemy star levels as well but want some advice around what is best to do in those situations?

Also are there any calculators people have made for estimating best troops based on enemy troop configuration or are these all build for manual fighting?

Use a unit with the least amount of weaknesses.

For example 3 archers 2 heavy melee as opponents.

Mages will not work, but archers are good vs H melee and neutral vs archers.

1 Ork Desserter, 1 knight 1 Orc General , 1 thornrose mage and 1 bandit.

Again I would choose light range here.

Ork deserter is heavy melee but has no defence vs light range and limited offence so it's not the wordt enemy, knight and general are weak vs light range, thronrose mage is weak vs licht range and bandit is neutral vs light range

This works in most cases, the only one I am always hesitant agains are with heavy range, if they face 1 mage enemy it's usually very painfull so I generally try to avoid it.
But try, test and experience thats the best learning curve.

Also don't be to afraid to negotiate and encounter here and there if it's too horrible.

Ps. if you play on the app the wiki will be a great help as you cannot see all unit stats in the app. some enemy units look similar to your own units but have opposith stats so your comparison might be wrong if you consider your own strengths.
(example: ork strategist and ork deserter look the same, but the strategist we use is super strong vs light range, but the enemey deserter is actually strong vs light melee and kinda weak vs light range)
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Units#Unit_Stats_Provinces

Lelanya

Mentor
Hi all,

Also. For the HR, which is the best option, take Orc Strategists. They are best vs LR, and arguably the strongest troop in your grab bag except for right before your research for them. Best of all you can craft a building that grows them.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Also. For the HR, which is the best option, take Orc Strategists. They are best vs LR, and arguably the strongest troop in your grab bag except for right before your research for them. Best of all you can craft a building that grows them.

Thats the 1 unit that is the hardest to make,
If you have some you should use them sporadically where you really need them. the pace where it makes absolute sense (for example vs 5x light range) if you can solve it with golems or frog princes or most likely not but who knows cannoneers you should.

Only if we can ever convince them to get rid of the orc requirment of this unit does it become a viable mainstream option.

Melianora

Alchemist
Ps. if you play on the app the wiki will be a great help as you cannot see all unit stats in the app. some enemy units look similar to your own units but have opposith stats so your comparison might be wrong if you consider your own strengths.
(example: ork strategist and ork deserter look the same, but the strategist we use is super strong vs light range, but the enemey deserter is actually strong vs light melee and kinda weak vs light range)
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Units#Unit_Stats_Provinces

Doh! Thanks for that link @CrazyWizard ! :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: