• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Auto fight

robevz

Seeker
Can somebody tell me the point of this option as it is definitely designed to work against you?

cwgiii

Shaman
True.

Also, as a newbie fighter, it can be helpful on the browser version to watch the auto fight. But, as you point out, the system does not always choose the wisest path.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team

Pauly7

Magus
Can somebody tell me the point of this option as it is definitely designed to work against you?
Manual fighting is lots better because the game's AI on auto is terrible. However, I would hazard a guess that over 95% of the fighting on this game is done on auto. It's because people don't have the time or inclination to spend many hours each week sitting through manual fights.

I understand the importance of manual fighting, but I still only do it in less than 10% of my fights for the same reason. Try fighting a tournament of 6 rounds of 60 provinces all on manual. There are only a few die hards that will do that.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
I understand the importance of manual fighting, but I still only do it in less than 10% of my fights for the same reason. Try fighting a tournament of 6 rounds of 60 provinces all on manual. There are only a few die hards that will do that.

Man you´re hurting my feelings, I´m a die hard :(

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
With Manual fighting I could won 2nd place in Arendyl server having only 3 booster buildings + a fire chicken and a 6th level brown bear fed vs players that surpassed me in every possible way (more AWs levels, 10 or more booster buildings, having 2 fire phoenix and 3 or more brown bears). And it costed me around 1hrs 40min per every round of 55 provinces.

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
With Manual fighting I could won 2nd place in Arendyl server having only 3 booster buildings + a fire chicken and a 6th level brown bear fed vs players that surpassed me in every possible way (more AWs levels, 10 or more booster buildings, having 2 fire phoenix and 3 or more brown bears). And it costed me around 1hrs 40min per every round of 55 provinces.

In marble tourneys manual fighting is rather pointless compared to other tourneys though. You are pretty fast if you do a round in 1:40 for 55 provinces, I doubt I would be that fast and that´s still nearly 10 hours of doing nothing but tourney...

Last week I only had 2 hours to play the tourney, when I got back from work (started round 1 province 1 Saturday 2 hours before the end), and I think I did it in 1:55 :) But that was 77 provinces 6 times :D So exactly 462 auto-fights :) So you see I am even slow on auto-fights haha (well I also had to eat a pizza in that time and chat a bit to relax the fingers in between). I guess with 100% focus I could do it in 77 minutes (1 minute per province/10 sec per fight?), but that´s not really realistic.

I really like the manual fighting, it´s fun, when I have the time. But it will never be more than the last 10 or so provinces of a tourney for me (and that is exceptionally rare), usually something like 2-10 encounters per week for entertainment (including spire) and sometimes, when life is busy, none at all.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
In marble tourneys manual fighting is rather pointless compared to other tourneys though. You are pretty fast if you do a round in 1:40 for 55 provinces, I doubt I would be that fast and that´s still nearly 10 hours of doing nothing but tourney...

Sorry I forgot to specify the tournament, and no, this was not marble, these were gems and magic dust tournaments where I won 2nd place consecutively playing just manual.

Me saying Manual fight is not literally and totally all provinces in the manual way, the very easy ones I just auto-fight them, specially the ones from 1 to 15/20 province, from there I almost play manual to save lot of squads from being murdered cause I.A. is very dump and they just throw themselves to the enemy units.

Last week I only had 2 hours to play the tourney, when I got back from work (started round 1 province 1 Saturday 2 hours before the end), and I think I did it in 1:55 :) But that was 77 provinces 6 times :D So exactly 462 auto-fights :) So you see I am even slow on auto-fights haha (well I also had to eat a pizza in that time and chat a bit to relax the fingers in between). I guess with 100% focus I could do it in 77 minutes (1 minute per province/10 sec per fight?), but that´s not really realistic.

I really like the manual fighting, it´s fun, when I have the time. But it will never be more than the last 10 or so provinces of a tourney for me (and that is exceptionally rare), usually something like 2-10 encounters per week for entertainment (including spire) and sometimes, when life is busy, none at all.

Well, discipline is all in life, if you separate all your daily activities properly you can have time to enjoy tournament every 12 hr per round ( it is what my 6th level Time warp allows me, and I don´t have a polar bear), do exercise, doing your job and some other daily stuff :)

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Manual fighting is lots better because the game's AI on auto is terrible. However, I would hazard a guess that over 95% of the fighting on this game is done on auto. It's because people don't have the time or inclination to spend many hours each week sitting through manual fights.

I wish they would implement quicker speed options than the existing 3 on manual fighting! Or even to change the existing 3 speeds to be even faster. The code is already there! I really don't need to spend a minute watching a treant walk two tiles. :mad:

Gargon667

Mentor
Well, discipline is all in life, if you separate all your daily activities properly you can have time to enjoy tournament every 12 hr per round ( it is what my 6th level Time warp allows me, and I don´t have a polar bear), do exercise, doing your job and some other daily stuff :)

Indeed, but I rather spend 10 hours on something fun, like trolling the forum as a hangry Orc (should be called orcing I guess), 2 hours of silly clicking per week is plenty for me.
Also Orcs are the opposite of disciplined...

And as a last pun for today: my TimeWarp is bigger than yours! (I hope this last bit gets censored, it sounds horribly offensive)