• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features Auto Collect

Cheryn

Bard
I am only in Chapter II, almost through it though. It can be very tedious collecting coins and goods by each and every building singularly. It would be nice to have an auto collect feature. Perhaps there is a spell that can do this or maybe this feature exists in a later chapter or, more likely, this subject has been discussed already. I am relatively new, so I am not aware of any of these things. Please forgive me if I've repeated the topic or am unaware of something that does address the issue later in the game. Thanks

Gargon667

Mentor
If you have a small screen and a big finger, you nearly have a collect-all feature ;) At least in the app-version. That´s about as close as it gets though...

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Greetings @Cheryn It has been raised before and whilst it is a feature available on another Inno Game (Forge of Empires) this comes at a premium cost of Diamonds. We do have the ability to select "all" when beginning productions which is brilliant, but a "collect all" button could potentially cause a few problems, if of course there are more than one product ready to be collected, especially during such events as Fellowship Adventures. I don't know whether you've had the pleasure of playing a Fellowship Adventure yet, but sometimes individual clicking is your friend when collecting badges! The previous request is still on the table though for future consideration so the best I can say at the moment is watch this space :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

QFol2

Conjurer
If you have a small screen and a big finger, you nearly have a collect-all feature ;) At least in the app-version. That´s about as close as it gets though...
You can sweep round with your mouse on pc too

Cheryn

Bard
You can sweep round with your mouse on pc too
I have a touch screen laptop and using the finger pad just doesn't work on my device. I have tried playing on the phone app, but it's just too small for my vision abilities. I wish it was as simple as sweeping for me though, ;)

QFol2

Conjurer
@Cheryn can't you sweep around the screen with a finger if it's a touchscreen laptop? I agree with you about the touchpad on a laptop - far too annoying! But then, I don't have the patience for the touchpad at all, with any program/game/website :D

Cheryn

Bard
@Cheryn can't you sweep around the screen with a finger if it's a touchscreen laptop? I agree with you about the touchpad on a laptop - far too annoying! But then, I don't have the patience for the touchpad at all, with any program/game/website :D
Sure I can. The problem is my finger sticks or skips and as slow as it is, it's still quicker to click each one individually. Grrr, not crazy about a touch screen laptop either anymore.

Gargon667

Mentor

Same here, never use the touchpad, I plug in a USB mouse :)

Cheryn

Bard
Mouse did not work guys, BUT if I use the lock screen feature - sweeping works. Still issues with size of city vs. screen...grrr.

Gargon667

Mentor
Still issues with size of city vs. screen...grrr.

I would assume that is not a problem, but a feature, the zoom function in the game is very limited. So you will never be able to see your entire city on your screen (as soon as you grow out of the initial stages that is)
You can use the browser zoom of course, but I don´t think that is really helpful, after all there is a reason why the zooming is so limited ingame.
Unless I misinterpreted what you were saying...

Cheryn

Bard
Gargon,
No, city size not a problem with screen size. I made the city, so of course I know where everything is. What I meant and maybe you do understand, is that if I lock my screen to swipe and collect, I have to go unlock it, move my screen, relock it and swipe again, etc. So just doesn't work for peeps like me with touch screen unless we have a lock screen button on the keyboard, which I do not. Darn I wish I did. I even looked for shortcuts to create one, but did not find such a thing. If you have a suggestion I'm VERY happy to hear that.

I only growl (grrr) because my dogs do, and I do speak Malinois. Now my male can growl out "I want one" for a treat. Sometimes I just believe he said 'I love you'. Just an "awww" moment for me, sorry. ~Cher

m4rt1n

Adept
This is probably related, but sometimes on PC when doing the scroll/collect by holding down the left mouse button to collect everything it misses collections and then drags the screen.

I believe it is server lag that causes it as it only happens at busy times on the game, no problem whatsoever when most of the world is in bed (daytime over the Pacific), as I have a gaming PC and very reliable fibre connection and dont get lag on any other site.

Gargon667

Mentor
Gargon,
No, city size not a problem with screen size. I made the city, so of course I know where everything is. What I meant and maybe you do understand, is that if I lock my screen to swipe and collect, I have to go unlock it, move my screen, relock it and swipe again, etc. So just doesn't work for peeps like me with touch screen unless we have a lock screen button on the keyboard, which I do not. Darn I wish I did. I even looked for shortcuts to create one, but did not find such a thing. If you have a suggestion I'm VERY happy to hear that.

I only growl (grrr) because my dogs do, and I do speak Malinois. Now my male can growl out "I want one" for a treat. Sometimes I just believe he said 'I love you'. Just an "awww" moment for me, sorry. ~Cher

No sorry I don´t understand at all lol. I have no clue what you mean by locking your screen. If I lock my screen, I can´t do anything as I am not even seeing the game anymore. certainly doesn´t help with collecting.

Oh didn´t you say something about a touchscreen laptop earlier? In that case I can´t help at all, as I don´t have one of those. I have a normal laptop and I have a smart phone. Both work fine, but no idea how a touchscreen on the browser version works. But if it doesn´t I am not surprised, doesn´t sound like they would be programming for that...

Cheryn

Bard

wireless mouse works wonders now, but no, still can't sweep like mobile!!!! sooooo wish I could. :(

Cheryn

Bard
You can use the browser zoom of course, but I don´t think that is really helpful, after all there is a reason why the zooming is so limited ingame.
Unless I misinterpreted what you were saying...

No, I think you have me right. I can zoom browser of course, and yes game is very limited on z-in or out. The only time I can ever sweep is if my screen is froze or stalled. Then it's a free-for-all with my finger hitting EVERYTHING! Which I don't care, hey (auto) COLLECT! Only wish I knew how to do that intentionally, becuz doesn't work when I try, only on accident. I actually think this means that it IS possible to swipe on this POS laptop, I just haven't figured it out yet. Also, does anyone know how to connect wireless laptop to my smart TV without a wire? I need a bigger screen. Of course, my husband will divorce me.....pffft! (rotflmfao!) Seriously, I am obsessed with this game now and I need a HUGE screen! OMG, can you imagine 65 inches of ELF????

not addicted, i can quit anytime i want, just don't want to yet ~(forgot who said that, but think we all have)

Cheryn

Bard
Gargon
Holy crap, I'm an idiot. I sometimes have to read later on, to see how much so. I get what you were saying about the swipe now. But I still can't, but have an idea to pursue for it. (always more than one way to skin a cat...um...i mean skunk...um i mean a stuffed, fiber-filled child's plush toy) o_O:rolleyes:;):p:D

Back to the main subject ;) I like the idea of a spell that maybe auto collects and then re-produces for 24 hours… now, what would it be called? I’m sure people will have many ideas!!!