• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Auto Collect FA Badges

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
I confess, I'm never going to be a fan of Fellowship Adventures though it's true that they are less tortuous than they used to be.

I'd would really like for the badges to be auto collected as soon as the requirement to earn a badge is met.
There are 2 situations that bother me the most with the current collection method.

First, collecting badges while doing tourney simply adds too much clicking - you earn a badge in tourney, have to get out of the tourney menu collect the badge(s), get back into tourney, find your next match, earn more badges per battle/negotiation, repeat over and over and over (I typically do 24 provinces to lvl 6) - it's very tedious and repetitive - and it increases the time it takes to get through a tourney round by a lot.

Second, the badges earned by spending kp in increments of 10 especially when using kp threads for amounts greater than 10.
People visit an Ancient Wonder, spend 10kp, get out of it to collect a badge, get back into the AW again for the next 10kp, and keep repeating, etc.
But a lot of people lose count and end up not completing their kp donation to the amount they said they would.
Most people are very careful, but if you're logging in for a quick check during lunch at work, people don't want a lot of time added to a task that should be a lot faster and less error prone.

Both situations would be remedied by auto badge collection,
If the system knows enough to tick a checkmark green to let it be known to collect a badge - it can just hand me the badge without all the getting in and getting out that happens now.
I'm still doing what ever needs to be done to make the badge - I just don't want to stop what I'm doing so I have to collect it.

Gargon667

Mentor
This has been suggested many times before and well basically everybody agrees with you. Except Inno apparently ;)

Tbh I think they tried that once, back when they had these WS or factory challenges, they introduced this auto-collect feature. Obviously as a test for FA (don´t see why else they would have invented it). The fact that it still isn´t put into FAs leads me to believe that something was wrong with the code. Maybe too buggy and they couldn´t make it work with the dev time allotment they got for it. No idea.

So as much as I would love to see this, I have low hopes of seeing this any time soon.

Pauly7

Magus
Or if they can't be auto-collected, maybe allow the badges to be stacked, for manual collection later?
Auto collection should be easy for them to set up, because it is exactly how the crafting challenges used to work. It would make the process infinitely better, but we have been suggesting this for years.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
This would be a great improvement and surely make FAs more enjoyable. I'm afraid however that FAs are popular enough in their current form so that there's no pressure to change anything.

Gargon667

Mentor
This would be a great improvement and surely make FAs more enjoyable. I'm afraid however that FAs are popular enough in their current form so that there's no pressure to change anything.

This is always the problem. As long as people play the game (and they clearly do) there is no pressure. See tourney formula (not going to be fixed any time soon), scrolls imbalance (fixed after years of serious impact on the game!) etc...

Gargon667

Mentor
Kind of begs the question why Inno haven't done anything, or even provided a reason why not. :(

As far as I can remember Inno has never ever given any reason for not fixing a problem :) It would be highly unusual if they did... unless of course you take "currently not planned" as a sufficient answer...
Well occasionally you get some deflecting answer I guess. Like when you ask about why the tourney formula is designed to stop chapter progress, inno will say "Oh we made the tourney easier for beginners". Which is of course true, but doesn´t answer the question...

Far Reach

Conjurer
Well occasionally you get some deflecting answer I guess. Like when you ask about why the tourney formula is designed to stop chapter progress, inno will say "Oh we made the tourney easier for beginners". Which is of course true, but doesn´t answer the question...

This isn't a good example. Inno have stated on multiple occasions (here for example) that the intention of the tourney formula is to reduce (but not eliminate) the net benefits of progress. In recent chapters they've also increased the speed bonuses provided by troop production building upgrades (which offsets the research costs in the tourney formula). By my calculations, late game chapter progression is pretty much neutral as far as the tournament is concerned. There are several threads on the forums which relate to this.

Now my equally incorrect response: "Why does @Gargon667 deliberately post misleading assertions which he knows to be untrue ?"

[This isn't intended to be provocative, just to highlight the consequence of incorporating an untrue assertion in a question.]

CrazyWizard

Shaman
This isn't a good example. Inno have stated on multiple occasions (here for example) that the intention of the tourney formula is to reduce (but not eliminate) the net benefits of progress. In recent chapters they've also increased the speed bonuses provided by troop production building upgrades (which offsets the research costs in the tourney formula). By my calculations, late game chapter progression is pretty much neutral as far as the tournament is concerned. There are several threads on the forums which relate to this.

Now my equally incorrect response: "Why does @Gargon667 deliberately post misleading assertions which he knows to be untrue ?"

[This isn't intended to be provocative, just to highlight the consequence of incorporating an untrue assertion in a question.]
Because your words arent true,
We have done the calculations and there is a mayor deficit each chapter beyond 15 in production increase of units and tourney costs of units.

Last time we calculated it for a chapter it was 18% more cost for 5% more production tho they improved that to 10% 10% still ain't anyhwhere close to 18%

And do not forget how this works. it's like interest on a loan. as each chapter has a deficit those defecits are on top of the deficitst of earlier chapters.
If it was near close to even we would all be doing the chapters right now and placing our expansions instead of building stupid cities with like as less as possible expansions and not beyond chapter 15 and no longer level our wonders with nearly 30k kp in stock
1637402300362.png

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
We have done the calculations and there is a mayor deficit each chapter beyond 15 in production increase of units and tourney costs of units.

Last time we calculated it for a chapter it was 18% more cost for 5% more production tho they improved that to 10% 10% still ain't anyhwhere close to 18%

And do not forget how this works. it's like interest on a loan. as each chapter has a deficit those defecits are on top of the deficitst of earlier chapters.
If it was near close to even we would all be doing the chapters right now and placing our expansions instead of building stupid cities with like as less as possible expansions and not beyond chapter 15 and no longer level our wonders with nearly 30k kp in stock View attachment 5935

Isn't the whole point of the game to solve challenges rather than just give up? There's always ways how to go around changes in the game and to get what you want when it's fully in your control to make these changes. As far as I understand the tournament gets worse the higher number of upgrades you have. If you reduce the number of buildings and concentrate on maxing them out first (including AWs) then that problem is solved. It's about balancing out your upgrades. I understand that long playing players have many more AW upgrades than a player that didn't get stuck for a long time in the research tree and therefore they get penalised more. The same players also have a big advantage due to their experience over new players. To me it's still down to the right strategy to get what you want, there are players that manage to do that.

Far Reach

Conjurer

I've done the calculations also, and have even posted them on this forum.

As you allude to, the troop production boosts provided by upgrades were increased by Inno (over those predicted by players who had been looking in game files). Have you also taken into the effect of the 4* troops (+10% to damage, health and sometimes a boost to special skills too) ? Also are you including all researches or just mandatory researches ?

Additionally :
I agree that there is a small deficit to completing C16, but I reckon that C19 makes up for it. In Chapter 19 we get a boost of 25% to troop production speed in Barracks, TG and Merc Camp. We also get additional boosts by getting 4* Rangers (as well as some less used troops).

If it was near close to even we would all be doing the chapters right now and placing our expansions instead of building stupid cities with like as less as possible expansions and not beyond chapter 15 and no longer level our wonders with nearly 30k kp in stock.

I realise that there are certain players following such strategies, and some of them are very vociferous on the forums. That doesn't necessarily mean that their analysis is currently correct though. I'm averaging about 10k in tournaments with all research completed, 1000+ AW levels, almost all expansions placed, just one bear and I also don't flip crafting recipes . The current top scorer on my server (EN3) averages over 25k with another end of C18 city with lots of expansions and AW levels. I suggest that the the number of available expiring booster buildings is a far more important factor than Chapter progress.

Turing

Bard
Kind of begs the question why Inno haven't done anything, or even provided a reason why not. :(

Although I'd love some sort of auto-collect (I've previously had over 100 statues ready to collect - and that's just grim when include turning most of them into workshops at the same time - by far the worst part of the game), let me play devil's advocate and suggest a couple of reason's why Inno might not be keen:
- It changes the balance of the FA quite a bit in some cases. For example, with vision vapour, there is often substantial surplus. If that counted to the next badge (a la mystical object) it would mean a lot more residue badges. Some craftings might give multiple badges.
- If you could just auto-collect badges throughout there'd be little reason to look at the event at all until day 6. You could just carry on playing the game and they'd be piling up all by themselves. Then near the end of the event open up the event and drop all the badges in. So you'd maybe build the shanty town before it starts, and then not interact with the event at all for a week - that seems odd for an event, and probably not desirable from Inno's viewpoint.

I realise that there are certain players following such strategies, and some of them are very vociferous on the forums. That doesn't necessarily mean that their analysis is currently correct though. I'm averaging about 10k in tournaments with all research completed, 1000+ AW levels, almost all expansions placed, just one bear and I also don't flip crafting recipes . The current top scorer on my server (EN3) averages over 25k with another end of C18 city with lots of expansions and AW levels. I suggest that the the number of available expiring booster buildings is a far more important factor than Chapter progress.
I'm not sure you'll convince many - people do seem to like believing the world is unfair. It's the same on my server: the person winning at least the last few tourneys is Ch18, and perhaps around half the top 10 are also.

I'd say the biggest factor in a high ranking is having enough open provinces - after 18 months play if I clear everything I will just sneak into the top 10 (but not in an easy tourney such as marble). So it looks like it could be 3-4 years play time to have enough provinces to even compete at the top; which largely closes the game off to new players. But after that I'd agree on the boosts. None of the wonders really compare with multiple +50% boosters!

Gargon667

Mentor

If you want to compare yourself to that certain someone, you are playing a completely different game though ;) And if that is the same way you produce your score yourself it would be a proof of the opposite of what you say ;)

In that city it has absolutely no importance what the tourney formula does :) The funniest bit is except for brown bear and firebirds, he has 5-10 of every single evolving building lol...

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Isn't the whole point of the game to solve challenges rather than just give up? There's always ways how to go around changes in the game and to get what you want when it's fully in your control to make these changes. As far as I understand the tournament gets worse the higher number of upgrades you have. If you reduce the number of buildings and concentrate on maxing them out first (including AWs) then that problem is solved. It's about balancing out your upgrades. I understand that long playing players have many more AW upgrades than a player that didn't get stuck for a long time in the research tree and therefore they get penalised more. The same players also have a big advantage due to their experience over new players. To me it's still down to the right strategy to get what you want, there are players that manage to do that.

I have no clue what you are trying to say here.
The formula is known, it's very clear how to exploit it (read how to build most efficiently)

I havent looked into chapter 19 yet, but if your standard is throw 100 pounds/euro/dollars a week into the tournaments is proof that the formula works and is a challenge, then I am flabbergasted about your argument.

Give it time, but I can actually make a tourney city in halfway chapter 15 and have 1/20th of your troup cost so that 25K in time is easy peasy.
This has nothing to do with a challenge al all to do with stupdity.

A challenge is building a city on a dime and leveling it trough the chapters to get mad tourney results.

Btw those new units would have been great in the old tourney format, in the new format there kinda pointless.
Those improved bonusses are great vs the favorite enemy. but you know what the current formula is great at throwing not your favorite enemies at you ;) negating any benefit they give.
I havent looked at chapter 19 btw, I havent been interested in new chapters for a long while, but in time I will do the math and count the numbers. to see if it's even close to viable

If you want to compare yourself to that certain someone, you are playing a completely different game though ;) And if that is the same way you produce your score yourself it would be a proof of the opposite of what you say ;)

In that city it has absolutely no importance what the tourney formula does :) The funniest bit is except for brown bear and firebirds, he has 5-10 of every single evolving building lol...
Ok now that 25K score weekly makes sense lol

Far Reach

Conjurer
Apologies to the original poster @BonnyGwen . My comment has obviously taken this discussion away from the intended purpose of this thread. (My intention was just to challenge a throw-away remark which seemed to me to completely misrepresent Inno and the realities of the game - not to mention the gameplay of the large majority of players).

If folks here would like to continue the discussion about Tournament strategy on a new thread, then I'd be happy to do that. There were a number of comments on this thread: Making the forum more attractive about how some new posters feel attacked or patronised on these forums - so I suggest that we try to keep it constructive and respectful. (Apologies if anything I wrote above fell outside that - please challenge me if it did.)