• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

August Q&A items of interest

Lelanya

Mentor
I asked, for many players in various circumstances, what is the deal for players who have missed getting the actual base building: Phoenixes, Stonehenge, Mermaid and so forth, during today's Q&A. They hemmed and hawed a bit over the answer, but two points were made clearly.

1. The base building itself will never be available outside of the actual event. @Susananna
2. They consider an upgrade to be extremely valuable as a stand alone item as it gives a huge amount of Spell Fragments for disenchanting (3000).

It's plain that the Mermaid will likely not be a recurring theme, except very occasionally (every couple of years), and that they will NOT be the next guest race as some have speculated. So the beaches will definitely be leaving us soon. @Peter4660

A specific commitment regarding the Phoenixes was deftly avoided yet again. @Pauly7

No mention was made of Stonehenge.

A new pet will be made available, in the near future.

I will be adding and EDITing to put in players for whom we've received a specific answer

EDIT:
Also they reminded us of an answer given previously (THAT's sad another answer wasted) of why the answer to rotating buildings is always NO: the buildings are only drawn (and displayed) on 2 sides, not all 4. To add in the extra sides would need a lot more (specifics were not mentioned)

Last edited:

Lelanya

Mentor
Well they confirmed that there will be one. And that more space has been created, so that as we gain more expansions in the tech tree, for example, the space is available. Also we were specifically told that there will "always be a new guest race". But no, they said nothing about when, specifically, we might expect that. A new event was discussed, as being in the near future, that had the Product Manager pretty excited.

DeletedUser8632

Huh, thank you for this. Not sure why this didn't get more attention.