• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Armouries and Battles

DeletedUser

Is it best to fight battles manually or automatically? Also is it good to have several armouries?

DeletedUser

• As you get further away from home, the battles will become more and more difficult. If you haven't been practicing manual battles, and learning what you're doing, you won't stand a chance.
  • Armories only effect how many troops you can train at once. You only need more armories if you're running out of troops
  • Barracks upgrades effect the training times, and the number of squads that you can schedule at one go.
  • Tech Tree technologies make your FIGHTING squads larger, and your troops more capable.

DeletedUser

• As you get further away from home, the battles will become more and more difficult. If you haven't been practicing manual battles, and learning what you're doing, you won't stand a chance.
  • Armories only effect how many troops you can train at once. You only need more armories if you're running out of troops
  • Barracks upgrades effect the training times, and the number of squads that you can schedule at one go.
  • Tech Tree technologies make your FIGHTING squads larger, and your troops more capable.
Thank you for your reply. Doesn't the automated battles work? I haven't the courage to do them manually but seem to win quite a few of the automated ones.

DeletedUser815

Hi Lesleycrazy24,

Welcome to Elvenar international :)
Doesn't the automated battles work?
The automated battle does work. It works well in the first few rings close to your city, but further out it becomes much less effective. The AI controlling your units will attack aggresively and that means your units will move towards the enemy as far as they can disregarding the fact that they will get hit the next turn. That is rarely an effective strategy.

For some ideas about fighting the encounters yourself you can read the Encounter Guide(click). It is a litte out of date, but still has a lot of relevant information that will help you fight better :)

DeletedUser219

I did the first two rings mostly with autofight. Then I suddenly started losing whole armies, so I decided to learn the manual battle system. I occasionally have to run away, but at least I don't lose whole armies any more. How many armories is up to you. I had 4 until I got to the improved ones, then went to two as space and population were an issue. I keep the barracks in constant production, remembering to fill the queue every time I log off, so I usually have enough troops to finish a few encounters every time I log on, several times a day

Deleted User - 13667

My advice on automated fights: Bad choice. High losses regardless of how close it is to your province.

By using manual, you can overcome much greater numbers. Auto-fights often end in full head-on so very losses.

You might wish to build a large army just before the promotion of each unit type, just to save a little coins and supplies.