1. I think it's the Needles that increases Barracks training speed. There might be other wonders (haven't checked) that increase the speed of the other two. If so, AWs could compensate to increase the speed without upgrading the barracks, etc.I've always wondered - once all the Training Slots are open, is there any other effect of upgrading the Barracks [or its two analogues] besides:
1. Increasing Training speed;
2. Increasing Ranking Points; and
3. Altering the building's footprint if it will better fit one's layout...?
There seems to be no other effect, according to the Barracks / Training Grounds / Mercenary Camp Tooltips, but are there perhaps any hidden ones?
Thank in advance...
3. Interesting angle, possibly an effective space saver when used with AWs as in 1. After opening the 5 slots you could look ahead at the size changes, pick the one you want, upgrade to that level and then leave it at that.