• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

ARGH Stop It, Fighty Bear...!!

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Well, I have five minutes to spare while my 8476699th set of Dwarven Brewery Badges is, er, brewing? I suppose - so here's a rhetorical question:

How on EARTH do all you full-on Tourney and Spire combateers with 1(+) fully-levelled Brown Bear actually cope? Mine is only Level 6, and look what he just did to me!

ARGH_Stop_It_Fighty_Bear!!--One_1_x_Supplies_Troops_Costs.jpg

... I am officially lost for words! And you won't see that happen very often... haha :D

Hekata

Artisan
How on EARTH do all you full-on Tourney and Spire combateers with 1(+) fully-levelled Brown Bear actually cope? Mine is only Level 6, and look what he just did to me!

I always have to use a few 100% supply instants when I feed the bear :) (and I mostly fight in tournaments, not sure how I'd do it if I had to fight the full Spire too)
The other thing is to have a Simia Sapiens at a high enough level. It gives you bonus troops so you get more for the same amount of timeboosters/supply used.
And the Prosperity Towers help a lot they give you tones of supplies every 3 h, and boost the time and efficiency of the PoP spell. Which combined with a high enough culture level (above 200%) is the key.
Oh and magic workshops are also very useful :)

Pauly7

Magus
Well one answer is - produce more supplies - but then if you're producing troops and time-boosting then it will still only get you as many troops as it takes to spend everything in your Main Hall.

So the better answer is - supplies instants, as @Hekata says. I feed the bears once a week (so long as I'm not trying to conserve resources like right now) and after I've fed it I will usually drop about 500% total's worth of instants so I can keep time-boosting more troops. (This is why we like to win them in the Spire! ;))

Last edited:

m4rt1n

Adept
I manage to get enough supplies instants weekly from crafting to sustain troop production with the brown bear, not expensive at all, just a way of playing the game.

My set up allows me to complete the spire weekly, and complete 30 tourney provinces, while as a side effect earn free diamonds and spare time boosters and huge kp.

Gargon667

Mentor
The bear did nothing at all, he actually saved you from spending more, because you did not pay supplies for a single unit the bear produced.

But the obvious answer is time boosting troops also needs supply boosting with instants. I always use a few thousand % of supply instants and a few thousand hours of timeboosts when I feed my bears to make a few thousand squads of troops...

Swap thousands for whatever suits your style.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Well, thank you all kindly for the helpful and sage advice! I'm not the world's greatest expert when it comes to Fighty Bear - not only because mine is only at Level 6, and so barely worth spending the Pet Food to activate it, but also because I'm sincerely non-competitive by nature and thus never actually run out of Troops due to any sudden urge to feature on the leaderboards... in my low-stress little world, earning useful amounts of individual and FS-level rewards from Tournament = good; but spending more time than is absolutely necessary moving things around a hex grid = bad.

And so, being who I am, I only planted Mr Bear in my City at all in the hope of (a) one day advancing him to the dizzy heights of Level 10 (please, nobody suggest that I will win more than one Fighty Bear Artifact in the Spire, if indeed they do appear there at some future point... I will break down and cry!), and (b) because I am disinclined to log in any more frequently than I have to, so being able to produce more Troops at once (as opposed to more overall, which I never need) also = good... especially as the Bear-made Units are, indeed, free of cost (now that I think about it, that's extra-good!).

In fact, I only posted the image as a joke, originally, hence the pretty silly title of this thread and the less-than-serious - well, so I thought! - content of my post, too. And I even intentionally spent all of my Supplies building Troops until there was only one solitary Supply left, just for the sake of taking a fun screenshot... moreover, I remain rather disappointed that the game wouldn't let me take the total down to zero, which would been even better for my purposes! However, I know that what I consider amusing doesn't always quite match others' sensibilities, sadly... which is why I said, upfront:
... so here's a rhetorical question...
But hey. I'm sorry to waste your time, everyone, and I'll remember not to inflict my bizarre sense of humour on the Forum too often in future...! ;)

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I'm not the world's greatest expert when it comes to Fighty Bear - not only because mine is only at Level 6, and so barely worth spending the Pet Food to activate it
Mine is only level 5 and I think that's good enough to feed to have an immediate effect on my troop levels to continue to next day's tourney :)