• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Are Workshop's an essential building since the introduction of the Instant Supply Windfall's?

• Thread starter DeletedUser3255
  • Start date

DeletedUser3255

Hi there,

I am currently enjoying the Autumn Zodiac Event, well I was,until I came up to a quest advising:

“Produce bread with a workshop from your current or previous three chapters”

I don’t have any workshops, through choice, now through this event I have to have them. I now can't proceed any further in this event.

Since the introduction of the instant supply windfalls, Workshops have not become an essential building for Elvenar.

This is the first time I have been made to build a certain type of building in this game, everything else has been through choice.

Don’t you think this is very unfair?

Regards

Jai

DeletedUser8409

It's not just instants which are a finite resource. As an ongoing production basis there are also LOTS now of event buildings that can be used to create supplies on an ongoing basis.

There are also Ancient Wonders. If you level up e.g. The Endless Excavation, the Prosperity Towers and others then it is entirely reasonable and proper to have a self sufficient city with zero workshops.

IMHO replacing the Workshop "produce X Toolboxes" with "Produce X Supplies quests would be a mammoth improvement and allow players to produce supplies with any of their buildings they've designed to do that not simply workshops.

Producing supplies is an essential element of Elvenar. Workshops are not. It is narrow minded and absurd to offer alternative methods of creating supplies then expect them not to be used.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
IMHO replacing the Workshop "produce X Toolboxes" with "Produce X Supplies quests would be a mammoth improvement and allow players to produce supplies with any of their buildings they've designed to do that not simply workshops.

Just want to point out that you need workshops to "produce" supplies, all the other event or AW buildings are "gain" supplies which doesnt count towards production quests.:)

DeletedUser3255

Just want to point out that you need workshops to "produce" supplies, all the other event or AW buildings are "gain" supplies which doesnt count towards production quests.:)

I can partake in the Fellowship Adventures as well as other events with quite a number of level 1 workshops that will "produce" the required quest requests.

It's the sudden appearance of the quest in the Zodiac event of “Produce bread with a workshop from your current or previous three chapters” that I find unfair.

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
It is narrow minded and absurd to offer alternative methods of creating supplies then expect them not to be used.
While for me personally the event buildings are not sufficient for my supplies needs, i can understand that many would like to be non-conformist in their approach to city building. Unfortunately Inno has set certain 'game rules' about how this should be done. Break the rules and be penalised... unless of course its over-scouting, then get the quest rewards... and be penalised later... i don't feel there is a smart answer to the dilema other than play the game how you would like to :rolleyes:

DeletedUser1874

It was much better when we could just set up temporary T1 buildings - that way, even players employing alternative yet effective strategies could participate. But it's evident that Inno wants to have more and more control about the way we play; contrary to what they advertise, Elvenar is now about playing the way Inno likes. I wonder why that might be... enticing us into spending more money perhaps? That's just Ockham's razor being applied - nothing personal, Inno.

DeletedUser8409

I don't see why. Mermaids count as Produce Steel - as they should - so why shouldn't AWs or Event Buildings count as produce supplies?

Timneh

Artisan
I think the difference is that in manufactories you have to pay coins and supplies to produce the goods but with AWs and event buildings the goods are basically a gift so you are not producing them. I might be wrong but that is what i think.

DeletedUser8409

I think the difference is that in manufactories you have to pay coins and supplies to produce the goods but with AWs and event buildings the goods are basically a gift so you are not producing them. I might be wrong but that is what i think.
As far as I know produce only excludes trading. Trading you are exchanging one good for another, nothing is actually produced but any other method the goods are produced. They didn't exist and now they do.

Pauly7

Magus
If that's the case then making supplies in workshops won't count either. ;)

Timneh

Artisan
If that's the case then making supplies in workshops won't count either.

That's a very good point so maybe the difference between gain and produce is that produce means the items need to come from a workshop or manufactory.

DeletedUser8409

That's a very good point so maybe the difference between gain and produce is that produce means the items need to come from a workshop or manufactory.
Producing surely means creating goods that didn't exist. So no trade.

Event buildings work for produce but the Panda bears Pet Food bonus doesn't irritatingly which is a shame since it is producing the goods.

DeletedUser3255

I agree completely with you @Jai125.

All I really want is to be left to build my city in my way and hopefully still be eligible for some goodies. I have workshops, but for aesthetics I like to have them at all different levels so only a couple from the current chapter.

Well, all of a sudden, if I want to be eligible for some goodies, I can't build my city my way anymore, I have to build it @InnoGames way. So it's their way or no way from now on.

I must admit, I have been enjoying this game for a number of years now but to be suddenly told how to play this game.......

valle

Soothsayer
Well, all of a sudden, if I want to be eligible for some goodies, I can't build my city my way anymore, I have to build it @InnoGames way. So it's their way or no way from now on.

I must admit, I have been enjoying this game for a number of years now but to be suddenly told how to play this game.......

You always have to do some compromising, but you don't need to build 6 workshops either to manage.
With the change to MWs so that they count as 2 when doing workshop quests you can manage alright with just 1 if you make sure to get time instants. And with all wishing wells and other source of diamonds you should be able to get a MW even if you don't want to spend any money.

In this event I've mostly used my MW this way, as all my normal workshops are doing 24hr runs and I do not want to stop them to do other quests.
The 24 hour jobs get a bit costly to do, but if you go for 14h time instants when they are offered you should be able to manage it.

It's all about being able to adapt to a changing world. I see that as a great part of the challenge with this game, if it was too easy it would not be fun.