• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Are crystal tourneys now more difficult?

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
I found this last crystal tourney really freekn HARD!!! It was the first time I encountered the Frog Prince and thought it was because I've recently started a new chapter. Apparently I wasn't the only one who struggled, and now speculate it was because of the new troops many of us now are able to get from our Brown Bears.

Now I don't mean to whine... but... have we work our tailbones off in order to get a competitive advantage by upgrading the brown bear only to have Inno adjust the tourney so the advantage is nullified? What was the point of the bear then? And what about the poor sods who either couldn't upgrade or didn't focus on that bear?

I so badly need some good news... any one, please :)

m4rt1n

Adept
It was because of the ch15 release and 3 new 3* troops getting unlocked in the game.
That made it much tougher for a lot of players, myself included.

DeletedUser3571

Some tournament will be harder because they introduced the new chapter The Elvenar which contains upgrades for 3 different troops. This means that the enemies also get the upgrades but they get them as soon as the new chapter comes out, so anybody at any level can face the 3 star upgraded units. Also all enemy units in tournaments are 3 star by the 8th province

The 3 star frog prince does more damage than the 2 star frog does and it also has a special effect which reduce defence by 30% for that turn. This might not change much if their is only 1 frog as its got lower initiative than the enchantress and the dogs , but if their are a few then they will all target the same unit and can do a lot of damage.

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
It was because of the ch15 release and 3 new 3* troops getting unlocked in the game.
But why??? This makes no sense at all. If there are only 3* troop upgrades in chapter 15 and the rest of us are not able to access those upgrades, why should we be affected by them?

DeletedUser3571

No idea :confused: Its just always been that way. I presume its a way of forcing people to go through the chapters faster, no point stopping earlier if you cant benefit as much from the tournament

Julian

Sorcerer
But why??? This makes no sense at all. If there are only 3* troop upgrades in chapter 15 and the rest of us are not able to access those upgrades, why should we be affected by them?

I think Inno might see it the other way round. Up to now, we've been having it easy in not having 3* frogs. I'm sure their aim is that you will always encounter 3* creatures in the later tournament provinces.

m4rt1n

Adept

I have been fighting from the beginning in ch1 troops I cannot access, and it will be 2 months before I can access 3* Frogs.
It's just the way the game works and has happened before with previous chapter releases, it's just the Frog Prince is so powerful it's a lot more noticeable.

DeletedUser1874

Yes, to me it felt as if those new frogs belched nerve agents, decimating my troops and violating the Geneva convention in the process.

m4rt1n

Adept
Now we meet Forest Wardens in the scrolls tourney, another of the 3* Unit additions of chapter 15 release, but they to me seem less of an issue as the Frogs were.

DeletedUser3571

i think they are having an effect as im losing battles that previously i would have just won, i think its just people are use to scrolls being hard and dont realise that its harder now

DeletedUser8409

Unless I'm misreading Elvengems Marble should be the next week we face new 3* enemies (Valorians), not seeing new 3* squads in any of the other upcoming weeks unless I'm making a mistake.

Fyrebird

Spellcaster
I feel we are becoming those fabled frogs who are slowly boiled to death. The temperature of the water just goes up and up and we are calmly accepting it. Well I just wanna yell "NO, NO, NO!!!!" First our events are fragged, now our tourneys.... all the fun is going out of elvenar for me. And part of me thinks that I have no right to complain because this is not a game I'm spending money on... so here I am, quietly boiling... o_O

DeletedUser8409

Tournaments have gotten marginally harder every single chapter release for a long time as new units are released and are automatically given to the enemy [while we only get them when unlocked via research]. This chapter is no different.

What's made it more noteworthy is by coincidence the chapter release occured at the exact same point that the new enemies are in the mix.

Unless I'm making a mistake the new enemies only appear in Marble, Crystal and Scrolls. There should [to my knowledge] be no difference in any other week - and with the new chapter released in Crystal and the following week being Scrolls we have instantly noticed it. Next week is Silk, then Elixir, Dust and Gems and to my knowledge there's no new units in any of them. So the temperature on your poor frog should come back down.

DeletedUser8632

Tournaments have gotten marginally harder every single chapter release for a long time as new units are released and are automatically given to the enemy [while we only get them when unlocked via research]. This chapter is no different.

What's made it more noteworthy is by coincidence the chapter release occured at the exact same point that the new enemies are in the mix.

Unless I'm making a mistake the new enemies only appear in Marble, Crystal and Scrolls. There should [to my knowledge] be no difference in any other week - and with the new chapter released in Crystal and the following week being Scrolls we have instantly noticed it. Next week is Silk, then Elixir, Dust and Gems and to my knowledge there's no new units in any of them. So the temperature on your poor frog should come back down.

You would be right if there wasn't a confirmed bug that applies the bonus from you Enlightened Light Range (and possibly from your Unleashed Unit Upgrade and from your Fire Phoenix as well) not only to your own troops but to the enemy troops as well. So, no, its not business as usual.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I have been fighting from the beginning in ch1 troops I cannot access, and it will be 2 months before I can access 3* Frogs.
It's just the way the game works and has happened before with previous chapter releases, it's just the Frog Prince is so powerful it's a lot more noticeable.

I don't even have frogs yet, nor a mercenary camp! (Dwaves)

Good thing that silk and dust are my relics to work on as well :) No frog will get cold in my end :p

You would be right if there wasn't a confirmed bug that applies the bonus from you Enlightened Light Range (and possibly from your Unleashed Unit Upgrade and from your Fire Phoenix as well) not only to your own troops but to the enemy troops as well. So, no, its not business as usual.

Does this bug apply also to the Dwarven Armorer? Will it boost also the enemy's health?

Last edited:

DeletedUser8409

I wrote that before the bug was confirmed. Obviously confirmed bugs need fixing.

The tournament will still be marginally harder going forwards due to the new chapters squads. That's not the end of world but of course bugs need fixing!!

DeletedUser8409

As we are just finishing Scrolls it will be Silk next. I will share that shortly to remove confusion :)
Yes Silk is next, then Elixir, Dust, Gems then Marble.

I meant that in Silk to Gems I don't think there's and new three star Merc Camp units are there?

Lelanya

Mentor
UGHH she wears my face! Grrr I keep wondering why I am moaning about a tournament, as if!! I enjoy a challenge, as you all know! lol

Anyway. I went fighting today, and I have to say :D thanks!! I love a chance to fight, especially with my big cities. Kicking butt always makes Lel a happy woman!!
I took Knights fighting, I took my big orcs fighting and finally my Guards. The big lizards seemed to take a bit more damage than usual, but they still sliced up opponents like butter