• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

App - change “no fee” filter in trader to “fellowship” filter

FieryArien

Necromancer
There is “fellowship” filter in Trader in browser and there is “no fee” filter in Trader in the app. I’d like the app filter to changed to “fellowship” as well. This is not the first time this suggestion is made. I think it’s not that large of a change and if we push, we can get it. Please support this thread if you agree.

Reasoning:
- The “no fee” filter in the Trader in the app doesn’t really make sense. The trades are already sorted with fee calculated. I don’t actually care if there is fee or there isn’t a fee as long as I see what’s better trade for me. That filter doesn’t give me any advantage at all, I don’t want it in the app.
- The “fellowship” filter in the trader in the browser actually helps me; I prefer to trade with my fellowship first and only then look elsewhere. Also, if I’m more advanced player (that’s relative status compared to the fellowship members), I can activate it and help my fellowship members with their trades. A lot of people do that - they take “small” (relative term) trades from their fellowship members even when the trades actually offer their boosted goods. I’d love to have this filter in the app.

@Dizzy Lizzie, would it be possible to add a poll into this thread? Thank you. Options would be:
- I support this idea.
- I’m against this idea.
- I don’t care.
EDIT: Unfortunately a poll will not be added.

Last edited:

FieryArien

Necromancer
Update: there won’t be any poll in this thread, I just received this decision few minutes ago. Considering the latest discussion about suggestions, it seems to me we are left with only one way to express our preferences: Adding your own comment to the thread. If a suggestion is discussed and the vast majority is in favor of the idea, it might make it to proper ears in product development. That seems to be maximum we can currently hope for.

DeletedUser5976

I agree with this suggestion. It will make the trader more useful, especially for bigger players who have a lot of active neighbours and sentient goods trades. If they want to pick up the trades of smaller FS mates to help them grow. This change will enable them to find those trades much more easily.

DeletedUser3451

the fee isn't even applicable to the sentient goods, which are in greater numbers on the trader and form about 2/3 of all trades. given the smaller screens on which the app works, the use of that filter is neglectable and should be replaced with something useful. the ability to filter trades so you see only trades posted by your fellowship is one of the most important things for each fellowship, as trading with mates is the first and most important reason for fellowships to even exist. and it is quite possible to not see certain trades and this contradicts all reason. trading with fellow mates should be easier than trading with anyone else.

DeletedUser3571

I agree, don't know why the fee option was considered let alone used.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
When taking a trade, I consider the ratio between goods offered and goods demanded. I do not want to filter out someone who gives enough discount to make up for the trading fee, why would I?
On the other hand, fellowship trades always have priority to me and a FS-only filter would be extremely useful for that.

Deleted User - 341074

. I do not want to filter out someone who gives enough discount to make up for the trading fee, why would I?.
Screenshots of this unicorn/Loch Ness/Sasquatch please:p

Last edited by a moderator:

FieryArien

Necromancer
Screenshots of this unicorn/Loch Ness/Sasquatch please:p
Here you have it. It really happens from time to time. I did that myself when I just couldn’t get any scrolls at all for a pretty long period. (Nowadays our archmage helps me by acting as proxy between me and one of his neighbors.)
85BF436C-C733-4C45-AD63-84CE3B212E25.jpeg

The exclamation mark next to the steel amount is how the app indicates that the trade is burdened by the trading fee. (The 143 amount instead of 150 is there because of my Bloomings Trader’s Guild wonder.)

Deleted User - 341074

Here you have it. It really happens from time to time. I did that myself when I just couldn’t get any scrolls at all for a pretty long period. (Nowadays our archmage helps me by acting as proxy between me and one of his neighbors.)
View attachment 3565
The exclamation mark next to the steel amount is how the app indicates that the trade is burdened by the trading fee. (The 143 amount instead of 150 is there because of my Bloomings Trader’s Guild wonder.)
That's a pretty tiny unicorn you found there....:rolleyes::p