• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

App Behaviour

Pauly7

Magus
I have noticed a change in behaviour of the mobile app, these past few weeks and I wonder if anyone knows whether this will be due to a change by Inno, a change by my phone, or a change by Android.

This is all to do with reloading. I have always left the app running in the background then come back to it as and when I need to, or often switching quickly back and forth between two applications when I am multi-tasking. The reason change means that now, any time that I minimise Elvenar, switch applications, or put my phone on standby (essentially any time I stop looking at Elvenar, even for a moment) the app now needs to fully reload.

I guess it won't change anything to know the answer, but I just wanted to bring it up as it really irks me. Sometimes I am playing a tournament on the app and want to quickly check a message before resuming. Sometimes I am cross-referencing against Elvenstats, but it has become so irritating to reload the app and find my way back to the position I was in every time I have looked away.

Hi Pauly7, I don't have an answer but the same thing is happening to me and I'm using a laptop.
Currently I'm unable to travel to the "world" to do tournaments or help neighbours as it 2/3 loads then freezes.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@Pauly7 : I'm no mobile phone guru (!), but perhaps the simplest answer may be that Elvenar's mobile client is either at the present time, or just in general, these days, using so much RAM and/or other system resources that your phone is now swapping it out [I'm assuming that Android does that!] when it's paused or otherwise not taking focus, rather than holding Elvenar fully open (even if paused) simultaneously with the other apps you're switching between, as perhaps has been the case until now? And maybe Elvenar, like many large and complex mobile games, doesn't like not holding focus/being swapped out...?

I say this because although my own Android phone is certainly much inferior to yours (mine's six years old and was pretty basic even when new - 8 Gb onboard memory shared between RAM and storage, of which over 50% is permanently in use by Android itself), I can still run a couple of (large and complex) games, of similar vintage and complexity to Elvenar, but not Elvenar itself. Those other games, although they will run and can be partially stored on my SD card (still with some data onboard), won't tolerate even screen switch-off due to power-saving without fully rebooting themselves, and certainly can't be minimised, or paused for very long, before a reboot also occurs. Needless to say, trying to swap to any other app while running any of those games causes an immediate crash and/or reboot - sometimes of the whole phone.

But I can still (touch wood!) run those games well enough, if I shut down ALL other apps plus user-accessible running memory processes and manually fully clear my phone's cache just before I load them up, but even two years ago, when I first tried Elvenar's mobile client, my [same] phone could barely even load the game without hanging/crashing, nor stay online without repeated client/server connection issues and/or slowdowns which soon effectively froze the game.

Since I had nothing I could happily uninstall to reduce load, I just uninstalled it - but maybe the same pre-loading 'tricks' might work for you, now?

After all, there are currently major changes ongoing with respect to the early Chapters, which may well involve multiple silent, but not insignificant, changes to the client - perhaps as well as an associated above-average frequency or degree of server/client interaction and/or data exchange regarding not only the present (and evolving) changes we are currently testing out (on Live and Beta, to an unknown extent on each), but other, earlier game changes/updates, too? Inno could, indeed, be constantly fine-tuning a lot of minor issues, which in aggregate may be enough to prevent even an advanced phone from holding the entire client in RAM / in focus while also attempting to load or maintain other apps as well...?

Just a thought... :)