• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Anyone bored yet?

DeletedUser358

City completely optimized for points...check.
Research tree complete....check.
What's left?
Scout and take 1 new province once every 2 days
Upgrade AWs
Pick up completed goods and restart the goods cycle.

And then what? So boring!

The "end game" of Elvenar wasn't just ill conceived......it wasn't conceived at all, there is NOTHING to do in this game.
"waiting for updates" is a crutch...because as we've seen, they never add enough content to keep us interested until the next content patch.

Yea, Yea, people will troll and say "well you shouldn't have completed everything so quickly", but that's just rubbish.
We all play at our own pace, some faster than others, some slower, but the point is, there should always be something to do, otherwise, people get bored and leave.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1295

Well, you may have a point there, although I personally feel this game is not about 'just me as a player who has reached the end of tech tree' ^^^
For me, it is also about helping your fellows, with trade, advice etc. which keeps me busy everyday ;)
Also the Ancient Wonders are imho a great addition for not getting bored!

Still, If you really feel bored in this game, there are many other (Inno)Games you may want to give a try :cool:

DeletedUser358

I already play FoE, and the other Inno games just do not tickle my fancy.
Helping my fellows is a thing of the past, everyone in my fellowship is well versed in the game, very few questions if any there.
Trading comes back to the "scouting and collecting produced goods" section. Take trades and load up on 60 new trades...takes 1-2 mins, and let's be honest, that's not really playing the game.

Deleted User - 13667

* two thumbs up

Necrodee does hit home on this point. It is getting kind of slow once I got to Chapter Vi.

Did enough trades to have be able to clear all research if it were not for the demand for copper and granite.:mad:

Things got bored enough for me to build an AW and upgraded it. Bad choice for an AW. Takes up space with no real purpose

DeletedUser195

A holiday gift to my neighbor, my excess kp. Do not want my kp to go to waste because of the 10 kp limit. Doing this because of granite and copper needs, for research items and upgrade of Dwarven Portal, granite mines and copper mines. My neighbor has one of the first two Wonders. So while I upgrade my items to hold the granite and copper, they can have my excess kp. I am trying to get one or both of the last two Wonders. The first two did not offer me much. Much better choices, imho, from the last two Wonders.
I do not drink beer, but when I do, I drink DOS EQUIS. Hic.

DeletedUser1295

My hunch is that no one is really bored with the game, but is getting bored with the lack of action once the Tech Tree is done, all Ancient Wonders are completed, provinces done, etc... I honestly can understand the frustration about having to wait for a new Chapter! I too am eager for new developments in this wonderful game ;)

For all those:
In Elvenar it is allowed to have 2 accounts per world, so some might like to start a new account (even if it is the same race of your main account), just to fight the boredom at the moment and get you through the time the devs need for new action!

DeletedUser289

And I thought it was just me finding little reason to be online more than a couple of minutes here and there. I came to this forum in the hope of finding information about new content. Found this topic instead.

DeletedUser358

In Elvenar it is allowed to have 2 accounts per world, so some might like to start a new account (even if it is the same race of your main account), just to fight the boredom at the moment and get you through the time the devs need for new action!
Good try on the "upsell" but I'm not spending another dime on this game. Too much greed and not enough content.

And I thought it was just me finding little reason to be online more than a couple of minutes here and there. I came to this forum in the hope of finding information about new content. Found this topic instead.
Well played . :)

DeletedUser358

I've already done that on the us server, got bored and stopped playing.
It's not like I've ever bought any premium (diamond) buildings on any account. Just the 5 builders and a few expacs, that's it.

DeletedUser277

For me, it is also about helping your fellows, with trade, advice etc. which keeps me busy everyday ;)

I agree with this very much and it is an important aspect for me in keeping my interest in the game.

In our fellowship we have generally found that there is for more interest and satisfaction in the game derived from helping other players and developing a good team spirit than there is in going for points growth glory. This includes helping new players to get established and giving them the advice their need to make good progress. Some time ago we got rid of any points-based threshold to be accepted into the fellowship and the only critical requirement now is a commitment to activity and to the mutual-help philosophy of the fellowship.

Helping my fellows is a thing of the past, everyone in my fellowship is well versed in the game, very few questions if any there.

Looking at your fellowship description, I am not surprised that nobody in your fellowship needs any help or advice - you only even consider the top 200 players in Arendyll! What a waste of all that combined experience of the game!:oops: No opportunities to share it with new players and get the benefit of seeing players go from nothing to a productive city with the help and advice provided.

Not that you asked me, so please feel free to ignore...but my suggestion would be to split your fellowship into two 'Zenith A' / Zenith B' or something and divide everyone between them and start accepting new players with no points threshold - take a chance on them if they can at least mange to write you a note and say something about why they want to join. Yes, you would have to strive again to achieve a top fellowship points ranking...but isn't that the point?

And yes, I do accept that the lack of any mechanism in the game to chat with people outside of your own fellowship and the inability to 'add friends' not in your fellowship do both seriously hold back the effectiveness of my suggestion...but those features have of course been well suggested already elsewhere.

Deleted User - 13667

You could, of course, set yourself the challege of getting your second city into the top 1000 WITHOUT spending money. Wouldn't make Inno any happier, but it might do wonders for you. :cool:
Hmm. I got top 500 position by doing that. Best was top 400 in the earlier days before so many charged for the game.

And I do not negotiate battles. Only once or twice.

DeletedUser358

Looking at your fellowship description, I am not surprised that nobody in your fellowship needs any help or advice - you only even consider the top 200 players in Arendyll! What a waste of all that combined experience of the game!:oops: No opportunities to share it with new players and get the benefit of seeing players go from nothing to a productive city with the help and advice provided.

Not that you asked me, so please feel free to ignore...but my suggestion would be to split your fellowship into two 'Zenith A' / Zenith B' or something and divide everyone between them and start accepting new players with no points threshold - take a chance on them if they can at least mange to write you a note and say something about why they want to join. Yes, you would have to strive again to achieve a top fellowship points ranking...but isn't that the point?

While our description states that we're only considering players from the top 200, the main idea with that is that we want to weed out the newbie applicants. We've had a lot of issues in the past of players joining the fellowship and then quitting the game after a week or 2 (for whatever their reasons are, i.e. bored, not their type of game, real life issues, etc.)
In the last 3 months we've accepted a few players that do not fit the above criteria, and they've worked out very well. The main thing here is, if an applicant is serious about joining, they usually message myself, the guildmaster or any of the ambassadors, and we take it from there.

As for splitting the fellowship, we've discussed that in the past, but due to a lack of chat outside a fellowship (no world chat, no neighbourhood chat), administrating it would be a miserable task.

DeletedUser

Administrating fellowships is rarely needed.

What is there to do within a fellowship if it is active?

Boot out an occasional member that goes inactive...that is about it.

There is no Fellowship forum and PVP wars will never happen. Chat takes care of itself.

So exactly how would Administration be a miserable task?????????????????

A fellowship that is interested in establishing an Academy Fellowship can be formed very easily if that is your goal, to help others achieve success. It helps the entire community and not just a Point Whore Fellowship....:p....A P.W.F. only looks at gathering all the high point players, and this will fail in the end as this fellowship will fail due to lack of interest because most of your players will get bored and make another game account on another world. By giving a few of your volunteer players something to do it benefits the entire Elvenar community by spreading their accumulated knowledge to beginning players.

The main point in this exercise is to help out the lower point players....Then in the future these player pay it forward by helping out others and so forth....A PWF is a pointless pursuit of a short lived fantasy...:p...P...P...P...P...P...

Well, you may have a point there, although I personally feel this game is not about 'just me as a player who has reached the end of tech tree' ^^^
Also the Ancient Wonders are imho a great addition for not getting bored!

Still, If you really feel bored in this game, there are many other (Inno)Games you may want to give a try :cool:

It is too bad that INNO does not make available INNO-BUCKS to be used in ALL of it's games....This is a very old idea by many players, but it is totally ignored. A player that gets bored of one game is not forced to spend there remaining diamonds/gold etc but they can use it on other games....I am highly surprised why INNO is ignoring this, especially with them having so many games.....And good developer coders...

DeletedUser1124

Just want to say that, as far as I am concerned, I am very happy with the Inno team that they bring us this game, a well thought out and very nicely presented game, so much detail, moving graphics and so on ....... and it is FREE!
I can't understand why some people are moaning about being bored and that at the end there is nothing to do. At the end of ALL games there is nothing to do! If you go out and spent 50E on a computer game, you play it to it's climax, and that's it, and it has cost you money.
Here, in Elvenar, you have the gift of a free game (with the un-pressured choice/decision to purchase diamonds), and surely there has to be an end at sometime? How can anyone moan about a game that is free? Think about the time and effort and costs that the game designers have had to endure and then they do not offer a free game for a month, or up to level 1 and then you have to buy, buy, buy, - they never pressure you into any purchase. I am grateful for this as I am on disability - if I was LUCKY enough to be able to go back to work and had spare cash, I would probably buy some diamonds, but I can't and I just enjoy the game.
Thank you INNO team for a great game and for making it interesting and not just click, play for a minute and then wait 24hrs.
If I bought someone a slap up meal with plenty of drinks and they enjoyed it all, but stuffed it down their throats at a great rate, I would be very surprised if they then said, "what?, there's no more? How unfair!!"
Everything has to come to an end, enjoy it while it is there! :)

DeletedUser358

The thing is, I understand there it takes time from idea to development to implementation to live.
My point is, they should make additions to the game that increases the QoL (Quality of Life) in the game.
Things that we can always do to keep it interesting, even if we finish the current tier of content. Many ideas and suggestions have been brought up in the forums....few if any have been implemented.

And Eezee, while your point is valid that this is a free game, many players spend money, and a lot of it. Besides the fact that it gives them premium buildings/resources/etc. the money spent supports the developers of this game and allows them to pay their bills, and further be able to develop this game.
Without paying players, FREE games such as this would not be able to exist. So Kudos to all of you that spend $ here.

DeletedUser1124

NecroDee - entirely your choice if you want to pay - my choice is that I don't and I am happy.
Even if I DID pay, I would do so knowing full well that this is still just a game with no end benefits at all.

DeletedUser317

I fully agree with this... But beside being bored my rank is the thing that is really bothering me, because scouting and geting expansions taked ages and i do not have anything to upgrade.... There should be some little things to do to up your rank while we wait for updates... Something very little that'll give one point when played but it'll take VERY little time and can be repeatable untill bored... Maybe add some additional games like puzzles or something simpler add animlas in the map that we can kill for food and rank points...