• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Another question to the Game Mods/Developers...

Sir Derf

Adept
Reasking with the desire that feedback from above can be received...

Where does this requirement for matching scouted Province Types come from? Is it a philosophical thing, or is there some actual coding thing that INNO thinks forces it? I mean, I can't see how this could be required, but then, maybe I'm missing something...

Paladestar

Enchanter
Reasking with the desire that feedback from above can be received...

Where does this requirement for matching scouted Province Types come from? Is it a philosophical thing, or is there some actual coding thing that INNO thinks forces it? I mean, I can't see how this could be required, but then, maybe I'm missing something...
It's probably so that people keep their same number of each province type scouted/completed.

Like if you had 40 Marble scouted and 20 Planks and you got moved to an area where it became 20 Marble and 40 Planks, you'd have missed out on the potential to gain more Planks relics, not that this matters after the early game once you have your boost % maxed.

Could be used to gain extra performance in a tournament. Like if someone had 80 Marble provinces completed and only 40 Steel. 80 provinces being available allows for a top score. Top Marble tourney, get moved to an area and now have 80 Steel instead and top that one too, when you wouldn't have been able to with only 40 provinces. This is an extreme edge case though and it's not like people are moving every week, if it even happened once.

These are pretty minor considerations in the grand scheme of things though. These shouldn't be things that can block someone from being moved.

Sir Derf

Adept
No offense, but that answer makes no sense. They're going to place you in a city with the same boosts, which means the arrangement of all the provinces will be identical to your original location. They would not appear to be anything to prevent you from having your scouted outline transferred, and you would have the same pattern of scouted Province Types.

Most of what you are asking for is confidential and restricted internal information. What we can give you covers most of the questions, but not the statistics.
We can confirm that the World Map movement is fully automated and occurs every Monday. This action removes inactive players as well as moves active players who have the option to move selected in their game settings. Therefore the last 'sweep' was August 30th and is going on currently for this weeks changes, as it is already Monday here.
To move to a new spot on the map, the spot needs to have identical Boosted Goods, the same amount of completed Provinces, as well as the same amount of Province Types completed (so no Relic changes). This is why it can take time for an identical position to become available due to the precision needed.
Depending on the account inactivity depends on how quickly these are deleted, but we do give at least 30 days before we will make the city deletions on played accounts.
Dear @Silmaril
I used to be a casual silent reader in this forum as I‘m an active player on the beta and German server, but didn’t play on the EN worlds before.
I‘ve been citing your post in the German Elvenar forum and received the reply from our CM Tacheless that the info given here is incorrect. The new spot you get moved to only needs to have the same bonus goods. The amount of completed provinces the previous owner of the spot had does not play any role in this.
You can find the statement in this thread.
Here she is referring to your post.
I think there might have been some misunderstanding in this thread and it would be great if you could help figuring it out.

m4rt1n

Adept
Dear @Silmaril
I used to be a casual silent reader in this forum as I‘m an active player on the beta and German server, but didn’t play on the EN worlds before.
I‘ve been citing your post in the German Elvenar forum and received the reply from our CM Tacheless that the info given here is incorrect. The new spot you get moved to only needs to have the same bonus goods. The amount of completed provinces the previous owner of the spot had does not play any role in this.
You can find the statement in this thread.
Here she is referring to your post.
I think there might have been some misunderstanding in this thread and it would be great if you could help figuring it out.

Just having read the thread I see a reply HERE saying that @Silmaril comment here is not true.

For info though I used google to translate the page.

I do hope we can have clarity regarding the issue of completed/scouted provinces as a factor in being moved to a better position.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys! That is interesting... i'll pass this information across to see if we can get some clarity! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

rock stream

Scholar
World Map movement is fully automated and occurs every Monday. This action removes inactive players as well as moves active players who have the option to move selected in their game settings.
Is it possible the fully automated action has a bug? I checked 3 players on my map and got the last active date through ElvenStats.
Player 1 - Dec/20; Player 2 - 2018-07-29.
Player 3 is part of an inactive 3 player fellowship with the last active dates of 2019-07-14; 2019-06-30 and 2019-12-02. I also have a group of long term inactive 1 player fellowships.

m4rt1n

Adept
Is it possible the fully automated action has a bug? I checked 3 players on my map and got the last active date through ElvenStats.
Player 1 - Dec/20; Player 2 - 2018-07-29.
Player 3 is part of an inactive 3 player fellowship with the last active dates of 2019-07-14; 2019-06-30 and 2019-12-02. I also have a group of long term inactive 1 player fellowships.

ElvenStats only checks activity by score change as far as I'm aware, so a player could log in and just play without improving the city.

Also remember that initial diamond offer on starting the first city, that stops the removal if they bought it.

Something definitely needs to change as I moved once about 3 years ago and have completed ring 17 and have about 20 active neighbours at best, many big cities in my neighbours even have the city description as "quit" or "stopped playing" and have sat there for over 2 years.

rock stream

Scholar
ElvenStats only checks activity by score change
What would INNO use to determine inactive? What would someone do for entertainment without impacting the score?
"remember that initial diamond offer on starting the first city, that stops the removal if they bought it."
No I don't remember the initial diamond offer but the fully automated action then only removes players that are inactive and never bought diamonds. So a low score would indicate no diamonds purchased. Does creating or being in a fellowship impact that also?

Gargon667

Mentor
What would INNO use to determine inactive? What would someone do for entertainment without impacting the score?
"remember that initial diamond offer on starting the first city, that stops the removal if they bought it."
No I don't remember the initial diamond offer but the fully automated action then only removes players that are inactive and never bought diamonds. So a low score would indicate no diamonds purchased. Does creating or being in a fellowship impact that also?

This is how it used to be:

- You don´t need a special offer, purchasing any diamond offer will make your city not be deleted.
- reaching chapter 3 had the same effect

- being in a FS does not have any effect.

Supposedly now:
- all inactive cities get placed into storage (not deleted) regardless of diamond purchases or chapter progress. If the player returns the city will then be placed back on the map in a new spot (if the old one is unavailable).

Reality now: Who knows, it certainly does not do what they say it does lol. My guess is they still operate removal on the old protocol, because the new one doesn´t work yet.

m4rt1n

Adept
This is how it used to be:

- You don´t need a special offer, purchasing any diamond offer will make your city not be deleted.
- reaching chapter 3 had the same effect

- being in a FS does not have any effect.

Supposedly now:
- all inactive cities get placed into storage (not deleted) regardless of diamond purchases or chapter progress. If the player returns the city will then be placed back on the map in a new spot (if the old one is unavailable).

Reality now: Who knows, it certainly does not do what they say it does lol. My guess is they still operate removal on the old protocol, because the new one doesn´t work yet.

I am on ring 18 and over half my neighbours have been inactive for well over a year, yet I'm lucky if I see a gold mine 3 or 4 times a year, brand new cities however do appear in ones and two's on some mondays and never seem to play beyond the tutoial.

I help everyone every day and after time you notice the city descriptions such as "Quit playing" or "Left the game" for example, even when quickly using the app so then take note to see if they ever move. I have at least 2 such cities that have been like that for 3 years now and never moved.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys!

Thank you so much for your patience concerning this matter. Having spoken to the Developers we can now confirm that @Silmaril was correct with the explanation.

When arranging a move on the World Map, the automated system will ensure that the space is Like for Like. So the space you enter will have the same Boosted Goods, your amount of Neighbours will be the same, and your Completed amount of Provinces will be the same and of the same Relics. Now whilst the completed provinces will be of the same number, and the same Relic, the placement of these may be different to what they were previously. But that will be the only difference.

All of the above requirements will need to be met prior to any movement, so you can appreciate it may be sometime before a suitable place becomes available for your City to be moved.

I hope this clarifies the situation :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Sir Derf

Adept
Why?

For simplicity's sake, let's say City X, about to be deleted/archived/whatever has fully scouted 5 rings of provinces, whatever that breakdown of relics is; call it a-b-c-d-e-f-g-h-i. What you are saying is that any candidate to be moved into this place has to have an identical a-b-c-d-e-f-g-h-i scouting pattern, but maybe this person with City Y, while scouting an equivalent number of provinces, only scouted in the upper half of his map, so went outside the 5 rings above, but did no scouting below. It doesn't matter that his outline is different. It doesn't matter which provinces he scouted before or after unlocking various Advanced Scouting techs, and so doesn't matter what the pattern of difficulty/costs are. And, you're saying that when City Y is moved, he will have the round scouting pattern that City X used to have, and not a relocated top-heavy pattern that he used to have?

Again, why?

If there is no matching city, then City X will be removed and replaced with a gold pit with no scouting. A newbie placed in this space will start with no scouting. So, there is no problem with a change in scouting profile, at least if goes from a-b-c-d-e-f-g-h-i to 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0. And a newbie placed in this space can, over time, scout however he wants. He can scout radially, as in City X, or lopsided, as in City Y. So this space can eventually have any pattern of scouting. What prevents, as part of a city relocation, the space being wiped out to 0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0, and then each scout performed in the same order in which City Y scouted (INNO has a complete record of all actions of each city, so has a complete record of each scout performed, yes?), and pretend to time-boost each scout, thus recreating the exact same scouting outline in the new location that City Y had in it's old location? Or, using the same approach, move City Z, which did not have a matching a-b-c-d-e-f-g-h-i breakdown?

What is the cause of this necessity of equivalent exchange of relic breakdowns?

rock stream

Scholar
I sit to be corrected...so let me find a chair.
If you occupy a steel spot you will only be moved to a steel spot. Everything else will be the same expect the locations may vary but not the ring.
This sure does not explain 2018 last active players in any way shape or forum:):)

To move to a new spot on the map, the spot needs to have identical Boosted Goods, the same amount of completed Provinces, as well as the same amount of Province Types completed (so no Relic changes)
the automated system will ensure that the space is Like for Like. So the space you enter will have the same Boosted Goods, your amount of Neighbours will be the same, and your Completed amount of Provinces will be the same and of the same Relics.
Which is ito_O do you need to find a spot that is twinned or a as equal spot? A vacant clone spot or a (example) steel spot where your completed amount of spots are the same.
Thank-you for speaking to the developers Herodite !

I’m not a native speaker, but what @Herodite is saying does not seem to mean that a to-be-moved city needs to have the same amount of completed provinces (and relic types) as the previous owner of a vacant spot had. As I understand this, she’s saying that after being moved, you will have the same amount of completed provinces per relic type, while the scouting pattern can differ. At least, whether or not the amount of completed provinces per relic type has to be equivalent to that of the previous city in that spot is left open to interpretation.

Sir Derf

Adept
Hi Guys!

Thank you so much for your patience concerning this matter. Having spoken to the Developers we can now confirm that @Silmaril was correct with the explanation.

When arranging a move on the World Map, the automated system will ensure that the space is Like for Like. So the space you enter will have the same Boosted Goods, your amount of Neighbours will be the same, and your Completed amount of Provinces will be the same and of the same Relics. Now whilst the completed provinces will be of the same number, and the same Relic, the placement of these may be different to what they were previously. But that will be the only difference.

All of the above requirements will need to be met prior to any movement, so you can appreciate it may be sometime before a suitable place becomes available for your City to be moved.

I hope this clarifies the situation :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

A little reordering/editing/highlighting...

All of these requirements will need to be met prior to any movement:
  1. Have the same Boosted Goods,
  2. Your amount of Neighbours will be the same
  3. Your Completed amount of Provinces will
    1. Be the same
    2. And of the same Relics.
    3. The placement may be different to what they were previously.

So, yes, that is what Herodite is saying.

rock stream

Scholar
Thank you Sir Derf. That is how I read Herodite statement but not Silmaril's. So...I still don't see why I have an inactive neighbour since 2018. I still think the removal minor program has a little bug in it.