• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Another question to the Game Mods/Developers...

Sir Derf

Adept
Hey, it worked before, why not try again...

Could the forum mods please ask the Game Mods/Devs the following questions for an Elvenar world like, say, Felyndral?
  1. What are the dimensions of the occupiable area on the map?
  2. How many players are there currently in the world?
  3. How often are sweeps to remove and/or relocate inactive, early-level, non-diamond-spending cities conducted?
  4. Is this automatically scheduled or manually initiated?
  5. When were the last two sweeps conducted?
  6. How many cities were removed and/or relocated in the last two sweeps, and how many were retained?
  7. Can you confirm all the conditions that must be met to qualify for inactive removal or relocation, please?
  8. How often are sweeps to relocate active players requesting inward movement conducted?
  9. Is this automatically scheduled or manually initiated?
  10. Is this a part of the above inactive removal/relocation or a separate action? (Hopefully consecutively after first completion and not concurrently, and inactive before active)
  11. When were the last two sweeps conducted?
  12. How many cities had the relocation option selected?
  13. How many cities were inwardly relocated in the last two sweeps?
  14. Can you identify if there are any conditions about the current city location that would prevent a city with the move option selected from being eligble to move?
  15. Can you identify the conditions that must be considered to decide if an open space on the map is an acceptable relocation option for a given city? (For example, it must have matching boost resource)
And, of course, if there is additional information that I did not ask about, feel free to include as well.

Thank you.

From the Game's Rules:

Game accounts may be deleted from Game Worlds after 30 days of inactivity. Please note that any Diamonds left on the account will remain on the master account and will not be deleted.

Is this what is really happening or it is just a threat?

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Most of what you are asking for is confidential and restricted internal information. What we can give you covers most of the questions, but not the statistics.
We can confirm that the World Map movement is fully automated and occurs every Monday. This action removes inactive players as well as moves active players who have the option to move selected in their game settings. Therefore the last 'sweep' was August 30th and is going on currently for this weeks changes, as it is already Monday here.
To move to a new spot on the map, the spot needs to have identical Boosted Goods, the same amount of completed Provinces, as well as the same amount of Province Types completed (so no Relic changes). This is why it can take time for an identical position to become available due to the precision needed.
Depending on the account inactivity depends on how quickly these are deleted, but we do give at least 30 days before we will make the city deletions on played accounts.

@Silmaril Accordingly to what the Elvenar's Game Rules, game accounts may be deleted from Game Worlds after 30 days of inactivity.
It means after 30 days, not 'at least' 30 days. Maybe something has gone lost in translation?

Sir Derf

Adept
Wait a minute here... in your repetition of something that was said earlier, I think a very VERY VERY important detail has just been clarified that explains why so few people get moved.

Are you saying that, if a player has Marble, Crystal and Gem boosts, has scouted 545 provinces (65 Marble and 60 each of the other 8 types), then they can only be moved to the space of someone who has just been removed who not only had Marble, Crystal and Gem boosts, but who also had scouted 545 provinces (65 Marble and 60 each of the other 8 types)? Have I read what you wrote correctly?

???!???

Do they also have to have scouted in the exact same pattern of expansion, or will any old outline that had the same Province Type breakdown work?

@Sir Derf I think he will appeal to Amendment or he's gonna take an aspirin or both.
Anyway, if this is what he meant, it's easy getting hit by a lightning then to be moved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gargon667

Mentor
Wait a minute here... in your repetition of something that was said earlier, I think a very VERY VERY important detail has just been clarified that explains why so few people get moved.

Are you saying that, if a player has Marble, Crystal and Gem boosts, has scouted 545 provinces (65 Marble and 60 each of the other 8 types), then they can only be moved to the space of someone who has just been removed who not only had Marble, Crystal and Gem boosts, but who also had scouted 545 provinces (65 Marble and 60 each of the other 8 types)? Have I read what you wrote correctly?

???!???

Do they also have to have scouted in the exact same pattern of expansion, or will any old outline that had the same Province Type breakdown work?

If that were the case I certainly burned my spot into eternity, nobody will ever have exactly my weird shape of sticking out tendrils and unexplored fjords, lakes and peninsulas I have on my map :p Nowhere will I ever be moved, nor will anybody else ever be moved into my spot. So I am rather certain this cannot be the case... Or if it is currently the case, it is not the final version of the moving algorithm...

Sir Derf

Adept
Also, forgot to mention in my previous, but Thank You for responding, and or responding with as much information as you can give.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team

Hi @Sir Derf in answer to the above question, you will find that your Outline will most likely be different! However it will still be equal to the existing types you've already scouted/completed :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
There is a reason I have used the phrase ''at least 30 days'' not least, as you can no doubt appreciate we remove and relocate cities on a Monday, this is only once a week. Therefore that is not always at exactly 30 days for players.
Can I also remind @spieler20200712 that posts here are to be constructive and kind rather than rude as we are after all just players who love Elvenar helping each other here.
For the record, I am most definitely female, hence the female avatar :) radical huh!

Sir Derf

Adept
Sooooooo.....

Since overall scouting is roughly correlated with duration of playing Elvenar, Current chapter and Ranking Points, in order for me to be relocated, I'm waiting on a 3-year, Chapter 16, Rank 350-ish players to leave the game? I'm sure that's there's 1 of those every couple of weeks or so...

Oh, and they shares my boosts (1 in 9, so every couple of months or so, yes)? And the exact same Province Type breakdown (1 in who knows how many)? Who never bought diamonds (I mean, well I haven't, so I'm sure there are others who haven't)?

Basically, the further along you are in the game, the less and less likely that you will be moved by the algorithm, because the odds of a matching removing player diminishes rapidly. Have I got this correct?

Sir Derf

Adept
So, throwing this back up the chain...

Where does this requirement for matching scouted Province Types come from? Is it a philosophical thing, or is there some actual coding thing that INNO thinks forces it? I mean, I can't see how this could be required, but then, maybe I'm missing something...

Picture a city about to be removed, and that city has scouted 30 of each Province Type, 270 total, and a player who wants to be relocated, has matching boosts, but has scouted 30 of each, except he has scouted 31 Marble, total 271. They don't match. Tough luck. But, I mean, come on. That player is just a single scout further along. It's what the old city could have been on it's next round of scouting. It's what the old city could become in it's next round of scouting if that player were to log back in and start his next scout.

It can't be that the stats of scouted Province Types associated with a map position can't be changed. When that old city is removed, that map location goes from 30's for everything to 0's for everything. If they can change to a zero, shouldn't they be capable of changing to any other value?

I'm just trying to understand why this limitation is in place...

Stucon

Illusionist
Oh, and they shares my boosts (1 in 9, so every couple of months or so, yes)? And the exact same Province Type breakdown (1 in who knows how many)? Who never bought diamonds (I mean, well I haven't, so I'm sure there are others who haven't)?
Given that boosts 4 - 9 are based on boosts 1 - 3 (I think). boosts 4 - 9 are irrelevant (I think).
Don't you just love this game :)

ps I got moved half way through chapter 16 so in can/does work.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Given that boosts 4 - 9 are based on boosts 1 - 3 (I think). boosts 4 - 9 are irrelevant (I think).
Don't you just love this game :)
In this case number 9 refers to 9 possible combinations of player’s first three boosts. It’s just 9, because not every boost combination is possible - for example you can’t be boosted in marble and scrolls together, I think.

Paladestar

Enchanter
On my other account I had a problem with my main city. So, using the same account, I created a new city on a different realm just to open a ticket on behalf of my main city. 20 months later that second city is still listed every time I log in. I've not even done anything with it except log a single ticket. So it seems that logging a single ticket is enough to ensure that a city will never be deleted.

Sir Derf

Adept
Or, it might have nothing to with the ticket at all...

The city might be inactive, but the mutual account is... That might be enough?
And/or, the two cities share a common diamond pool... have you purchased diamonds while in your main city?

Paladestar

Enchanter
Or, it might have nothing to with the ticket at all...

The city might be inactive, but the mutual account is... That might be enough?
And/or, the two cities share a common diamond pool... have you purchased diamonds while in your main city?
Nope, before we got the streamlined NH method in the full browser version of the game, I'd always use the app for doing NH and sometimes I'd accidentally click on the option to create a new city on a different realm, instead of selecting the realm that my existing city was on. If I then switched back to my proper city and didn't go into the other city again it was always automatically gone within a couple of weeks.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Sooooooo.....

Since overall scouting is roughly correlated with duration of playing Elvenar, Current chapter and Ranking Points, in order for me to be relocated, I'm waiting on a 3-year, Chapter 16, Rank 350-ish players to leave the game? I'm sure that's there's 1 of those every couple of weeks or so...

Basically, the further along you are in the game, the less and less likely that you will be moved by the algorithm, because the odds of a matching removing player diminishes rapidly. Have I got this correct?
No, I think not. I think when they refer to size, it just means if you have scouted to ring 16, that you will be placed in a position on the map where there are 16 rings around you, therefor not on the edge where a 16th ring is not possible.

About 75% of my cities have been moved in the last couple of months. Kind of feels like they move cities in group sizes as the bigger cities are first moved out of an area to another area and then the lower chapter cities. If the big cities around you are disappearing, be sure, you are also in for a move.

I would not say all are moved to the centre of the map as some of the cities around where I was, ended up many clicks from one another. On the other hand, some of my fellowship members were also moved roughly to the same area of my new position. Coincidence? I have no idea.

Sir Derf

Adept
To move to a new spot on the map, the spot needs to have identical Boosted Goods, the same amount of completed Provinces, as well as the same amount of Province Types completed (so no Relic changes). This is why it can take time for an identical position to become available due to the precision needed.
@BlueBlou , explicitly explained otherwise. Believe me, my gast is flabbered.

Gargon667

Mentor
On my other account I had a problem with my main city. So, using the same account, I created a new city on a different realm just to open a ticket on behalf of my main city. 20 months later that second city is still listed every time I log in. I've not even done anything with it except log a single ticket. So it seems that logging a single ticket is enough to ensure that a city will never be deleted.

the algorithm for removal of cities is definitely not a finished project. I have a chapter 1 neighbour who´s been upgrading his MH for 2 years now :p diamond spender is my guess...