• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Android

rock stream

Scholar
Is there a wiki for Android players? or a website?

Pauly7

Magus
I'm not aware of anything separate. A Wiki, though, would surely not be much different from the actual Wiki page.

rock stream

Scholar
I have a player asking how to fight with his Android device. I was hoping to point him to some information. Does none exist?
What other items vary from a PC to a mobile device because it sure appears that fighting does.

Pauly7

Magus
Fighting is different insofar as you cannot manually fight on the app. All the details and considerations for auto-fighting should be the same though.

The majority of differences, by this point, are fairly cosmetic, but there are a few strange omissions, such as not being able to search for specific players or fellowships on the app, and some quirky differences that have no reason, such as not being able to see your coins and supplies totals as you progress through the Spire - but only when playing on the browser version.

I can see that a definitive list of differences may be useful for some people, but one of the problems is that the app is still developing faster than the PC version to catch up. There's a chance that what's on it won't be relevant for long.

Pauly7

Magus
You just select the 5 troops that you would like and press 'fight' then it tells you the result. There is an annoying omission, in that the mobile app doesn't seem to want to let you know the squad sizes of the individual enemies.

rock stream

Scholar
Pauly7
It really seems to me that mobile players should build their city to focus on negotiations and skip the troop making, armories and related workshops.

Pauly7

Magus
I disagree. It's still much more efficient to fight. I do all my tournament fighting on mobile because it's much faster. You can't manual fight, but I wouldn't have time for that anyway. Not being able to see troop sizes is an annoyance, but I don't think it makes all that much difference when you know what you are expecting.

Hekata

Artisan
It really seems to me that mobile players should build their city to focus on negotiations and skip the troop making, armories and related workshops.

It's hard to be only a trader / negotiator in this game. It is the easier route at the beginning but as you progress through chapters negotiating in tournament gets more and more expensive and it's hard to keep up. Plus if you are also playing in the Spire it will be almost impossible to have enough goods for both. I've been a negotiator until I was in chapter 11 and after that I had to switch to fighting because I could do so little in tourneys. And it takes a lot of time to switch from one to the other so I recommend you don't abandon fighting and you develop military buildings and AWs along with your factories.