• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Ancient Wonders

DeletedUser501

My question; I have all the green shards for the Crystal Lighthouse and am trying to get the last blue ones for the Martial Monastery. I have solved 3 more provinces but I keep getting green shards that i don't need. What provinces do I need to win to get the blue shards? In other words do I need to win marble, wood, silk, gems, etc or does it matter?

DeletedUser

It's random, based on which AW technologies you've unlocked.

If you need a PARTICULAR Rune Shard, it's easier to help level an Ancient Wonder of that same type.

DeletedUser

You may not need the Lighthouse shards now, but you will need them once you start levelling it up as not all the levels require KP for the levelling, I think its 5 and 10 need shards again.

DeletedUser

Just got my first AW so excuse my dumbness :p

Is this right:
Once we completed an AW we still have a 1 in 2 chance to get a rune shard for that AW (and a 1 in 4 once we unlocked the dwarven ones). We will need these to upgrade the AW in question for certain levels.

Once we unlock dwarven AW, it will take a lot longer to be able to build them, as we'll have a 1 in 4 chance per complete province to get the right type of shard.

My question:
Once we've maxed out an AW, will we still collect shards pertaining to that AW and will it be possible to do something else with them if this is the case?

I'm sorry if this was covered elsewhere.

DeletedUser

Yes, you will still collect those shards as you will need them to upgrade the AW at levels 5 and 10, and you will use those shards at those upgrade levels in exactly the same way as you did to build them originally.

DeletedUser

Thank you for your response @Lisica Do you know if we still continue to get the shards relevant to a certain AW after it has reached maxed level and if so are they then pointless? I realise this is thinking ahead a lot for most people, especially myself, I'm just wondering :D

DeletedUser

I haven't got any of my AW to lvl 10 yet, although perhaps someone has and could answer that. I would think that we would probably get the shards as I've certainly seen that some people have thought perhaps we will continue to upgrade the AW with the new guest races... a lot of should, might, could, maybe, perhaps... I don't know would have been a better answer! :p

DeletedUser501

i need the red and yellow shards; I keep solving provinces but have yet have not seen any; I keep getting the green and blue ones; how do i get the red and yellow shards; I have built the Martial Monastery and the crystal lighthouse; trying to do Dwarwen Bulwark and mountain hall

DeletedUser

Have you unlocked the Dwarven Ancient Wonder technology at the end of Chapter VI?

DeletedUser501

yes I am researching chapter VII (Fairies) now. have finished all in VI and opened chest in VII also.have solved 2 more provinces but keep getting blue and green shards, have like 50 of each now. just wondering if I missed something in order to get the red and yellow ones

DeletedUser415

Thank you for your response @Lisica Do you know if we still continue to get the shards relevant to a certain AW after it has reached maxed level and if so are they then pointless? I realise this is thinking ahead a lot for most people, especially myself, I'm just wondering :D

Yes you will still get runes for an AW once it is maxed out to Level 10. As Lisica said not sure what their use will be in the future.

DeletedUser501

i asked this in another section, but just wondering how i get the red and yellow shards. I am now researching level VII (fairies) and everytime I win a battle it gives me blue or green ( I have like 50 of each) have I done something wrong that I am not getting the other shards? I have opened all the chests at the end of the sections also

DeletedUser219

@badcompanyjoanne , your chances for a shard for any of your researched wonders are the same (1:4 now). Your results so far are not surprising, given what I have said about the sadism of computer RNG elsewhere

DeletedUser1199

I am not sure if this question has already been answered but cant find it,I have collected my shards and built my Ancient wonder but I thought it also appeared on the rock face as well as having the building,I just have the building nothing on the rock face,will it come in time do I need to finish level one upgrade..I would love to know..Thanks