• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders

Deleted User - 13667

The issue with the introduction for such buildings are:

1. Requirements not stated proper. Having a lot of pictures does not mean it is addressed proper. Seems like Rune shards, up to this point of time, are only available if and only if you have the AW research done then proceed with completing battle encounters. Chances of not receiving the shard having complete a province is unknown.

2. The upgrades takes up tons of space.

3. You cant help in the research unless you have it already which means you have almost no chance to get this AW going unless you are in the middle of Chapter IV or less.

With the requirements for the AW to be built, likely few could actually venture into it. Almost like an exclusive for diamond users.

Im going to be abandoning the idea of this AW and carry on in the Dwarven researches.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

1. You'll always get some sort of Rune Share, after you've research an AW tech, when you complete a province.
  2. Don't they always?
  3. Ancient Wonders are intended to be an end-game sink for your daily Knowledge Points allowance.
  4. There's nothing about AWs that patience won't get your nearly as fast as Diamonds. Once we get rolling with the Knowledge Point Clubs, leveling other AWs will be far and away the more common source of Rune Shards, as is the case with Great Building blueprints in Forge of Empires.
  5. I completely agree that the AWs will work best once you've reached the end of the technology tree, but in our FoE Forge Point Club only about 20% of the members have maxed out their tech tree. Your city will remain an orchard if you don't develop your Ancient Wonders.

Deleted User - 13667

1. You need to read from the start. If a player has over 200 provinces, how are they going to get any more rune shards to build?

2.5x5 space gives you a wonderful +1-2hp. Hardly worth the effort.

3. End game sink for knowledge points? AW are only usable after you managed to build it. You cant build without the Shards. Shards only drop if you complete a province. If the player has already explored extensively, so too bad? Quests do not provide shards up till now. No building No KP dump.

4. Say you reached the end of the tech tree and have completed lots of provinces. The AW research is only introduced recently. You cant build since you have no runes. Only diamond users who bought their way up would be willing to consider spending to achieve it.

5. This is Elvenar not FoE. If you want all aspects of FoE here, then you should ask the programmers if this is intended to be exact FoE game with different graphics before you play. If it is, then the most interesting question would be: why are all these updates from FoE not introduced at the start of the game?

DeletedUser330

Over the past few weeks I've been hitting provinces and stuff, and have gathered a few runes.

One thing I've noticed though, is that the system is forcing a way of playing. I've gathered 3 runes for the Lighthouse, and 8 for the Monastery.

In the past 24 hours, I've gotten 4 Monastery Runes... all 4 have shattered.

The system seems to be not-so-subtly forcing me into wanting to build the Monastery first. Like, getting me into the mindset that "well, I have 10 shards now, may as well use it on the last Monastery rune" sort of thing.
I'm just wondering if anyone else is being screwed over by the "random" runes they receive.

Oh and, I still haven't had a single rune, not one, from any Quests even though the Wiki says I can.

DeletedUser521

Yes..You are not the only one who has been victimized by the random rune concept.And to add it ,it will become more tedious for you to get a usable rune for the second wonder after you managed to complete the first one.If by luck you complete monastery now,your probability of completing the second wonder even diminishes further.So If you wish to complete both wonders quickly and have space for it,then I will advice you to use the broken shard for Lighthouse instead of Monastery,as atleast your chance of getting broken shard increases with two wonders yet to complete.I am now having more than 5 runes of already completed wonder and still need 3 runes for the one to complete.
I posted a thread too about this already in this thread https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/rune-shard-trading.800/
And no runes yet for me from any quests too:(

DeletedUser358

A player's position on the rankings is nothing to do with how well they have planned their city or how well balanced it is, its all about how much money they've paid, one look at those in the top ranks will show this.
Wow, really? That's as VERY biased, truthless and quite frankly hurtful comment.
I'm currently ranked #4 on Arendyll, and if you take a close look at my town, I do not own a SINGLE premium building. (diamond bought)
Neither does my guild-mate Quicksilver, who's also ranked in the top 10. (currently 6th)
I've put a lot of time and effort into squeezing every possible amount of space into my city, and am constantly reworking my map for optimal efficiency. Stating what you said there just undermines every player that play without buying premium buildings, so ya, you're just wrong!

No, this is clearly not the case. Diamonds just make it quicker, it is perfectly possible to complete the AWs without diamonds. Like I said, you need patience :rolleyes:
Completely agree!

Deleted User - 13667

Perhaps the quests works by "giving" runes by demands to complete a province. After which would there be a rune drop. There was never the intention to provide runes by the quest itself

Wow! And I thought I was one of the few players who do not spend real money to use diamonds at all

firerock

Enchanter
Whats making it take too long for me is the rather large amount of time I have to waste on scouting, 1d 4hrs for the one I scouted yesterday, I only have 1 more scouting reduction before that's it. I'd quite like to build one, but its painfully slow. All because I scouted and completed too many early in the game. The 'fighting' also makes it too hard to get provinces at this range.

DeletedUser

Wow, really? That's as VERY biased, truthless and quite frankly hurtful comment.
I'm currently ranked #4 on Arendyll, and if you take a close look at my town, I do not own a SINGLE premium building. (diamond bought)
Neither does my guild-mate Quicksilver, who's also ranked in the top 10. (currently 6th)
I've put a lot of time and effort into squeezing every possible amount of space into my city, and am constantly reworking my map for optimal efficiency. Stating what you said there just undermines every player that play without buying premium buildings, so ya, you're just wrong!
Completely agree!
A little confused as you have a lvl 5 builder and of course diamonds aren't just used for premium buildings but anyway I said this 2 weeks ago and I've no idea where you were in the rankings then, apologies if you feel offended, however I'd like to point out that the quote from Prendyo was actually a reply to something that The Rodent said on 6th November.

Some of the high ranked people have pumped diamonds into their game as is their right while others have a lot of high value buildings which does, of course, take the ranking higher (as I know myself by the buildings I have).

I wasn't going to post any more as the last time I got ripped apart, but just wanted to say the above^^

Deleted User - 13667

500 Provinces? I wonder how much does it cost to scout at 400. Perhaps by 400 provinces, estimated that it would cost a cool 3 mil+ and maybe 3 days?

The Runes have some kind of glyphs on them. Why are the races in Elvenar not able to comprehend this? Is it just a way to make it more exclusive for diamond users or early to mid stage gamers? Let the diamond users have better stats for their buildings.

In any case, some kind of change for the interest of players for this AW should happen soon hopefully. It seems more of an unlike-able feature to the more advance stage players.

DeletedUser330

Can I ask?
I now have the monastery... I decided to let the system force me into building it first... but now I have slapped another province and got yet another Monastery Rune... so like, does this mean I will never get the Lighthouse AW? Or is it just going to take anywhere up to a billion provinces before I get enough runes?

I hate to break the rules here, but this is shit.

DeletedUser

You will get it, but you will also continue to get runes for AWs that you may have already built, I got 8 runes yesterday because I had 8 x 7/8 provinces to do as soon as I finished the Dwarven Ancient Wonder tech and out of that 8 I only got 2 for each of the new AWs, 3 for the lighthouse and 1 for the monastery both of which I have already built.

Its another exercise in patience, if you are going diamond free through the dwarven techs then this will be yet another test to see if you can get the last 2 AW without resorting to "diamond help".

DeletedUser330

I understand it's a patience thing... but being forced into build the AW I wanted/needed the least and then still receiving runes for it after I already got it, is just crap.
It's not exactly making me want to hammer more provinces... if anything, it's making me not want to through fear that all my hard work and spending of stuff is just going to give me yet another useless rune for the AW I already have.

Deleted User - 13667

I would think its best to look at getting past level 1 first as priority should you be building the AW. Then it would be a huge number of KP needed per level. Its 250 KP or so a level. Level 3 onwards may be much more

DeletedUser277

You'll need 18 + 18 Rune Shards to unlock BOTH level 1 and level 6 in each AW. Relics only unlock levels 2-5 and 7-10.

Ah, thanks for reminding us this bit, as I had forgotten what the additional shards I was receiving for the AW I already had would be used for.

I have used zero Diamonds for AWs and have now got both Human AWs with level 2 unlocked in one. Overall, I am pleasantly surprised how quick progress has been, particularly after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about it taking years or being 'impossible' for non Diamond users :)

DeletedUser

I have used zero Diamonds for AWs and have now got both Human AWs with level 2 unlocked in one. Overall, I am pleasantly surprised how quick progress has been, particularly after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth about it taking years or being 'impossible' for non Diamond users :)
Off topic - are you in the dwarves section of the tech tree, and if so how far along are you? I'm curious to know how non-diamond users are doing.

DeletedUser340

I haven't used any diamonds on AWs as well. I am on chapter V (5 techs finished there), 123 provinces completed. So far I have activated 5 runes for the Sanctuary and 6 for the Great Bell Spire. I have 6 broken shards. It's been about 2 weeks since I researched Human AW tech. It seems, it will take another week to get my first wonder. Probably could get it in 2 weeks, if I was try-harding...
But I hear you guys on Dwarves chapter (or anyone above 150 provinces)... :(
However, majority of players are not even close to dwarves.