• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders

Deleted User - 13667

I think the amount of runes required for each level of this AW needs serious rework. If it is intended for late game use, why place this at Chapter IV research?

You cant even build these AW since you are unlikely to complete any provinces since the AI units are way too massive in quantity per group and have the maximum of 8 groups vs a mere 5 groups for player units.

Perhaps it might have been better if this monstrosity is made for the entire fellowship rather than for every single province it would be more sensible.

DeletedUser521

Yes..True..I had got seven runes for a wonder by completing 10 odd provinces and I am sure for the remaining 2 I had to go through about 20 more provinces which can take me a loooong time ..It has been mentioned I think that we can get runes by completing quests.I had completed several mandatory quests and havent got even a single one.Am I wrong with the info or am I so unlucky:(

Deleted User - 13667

I believe the "idea" by the programmer would be to get players to scout and complete the provinces more.

I definitely feel the AW as a feature more intended for the diamond users to obtain and "use as a knowledge points dump"

Deleted User - 50840

If it is intended for late game use, why place this at Chapter IV research?
I believe that it was placed there so that the non diamond users and those struggling to complete provinces may be able to at least have enough runes to have unlocked at least 1 AW when they have reached the end of the tech tree and thus have an available "kp dump". If it was only available at the end of Chapter VI then almost ONLY diamond user will be able to build it.
You cant even build these AW since you are unlikely to complete any provinces since the AI units are way too massive in quantity per group and have the maximum of 8 groups vs a mere 5 groups for player units.
Negotiating is a viable option and anyone should be able to have produced enough spare goods for gaining at least runes for 1 level of an ancient wonder during the time that it takes to progress from Chapter IV untill the end of Chapter VI.

Deleted User - 13667

It starts at Chapter V since the research for Ancient Wonder is at the end of Chapter IV. Perhaps Chapter II would be more viable.
Expansion at that stage would be much harder than if it were to be made available earlier.

I would say it would be much better to allow the Ancient Wonder to be made available readily. Since you have to hunt for runes before you can actually build it up then it would be usable as a " kp dump". There are chances of failure for insertion of rune shards.

Alternatively, rune shards could found in the already completed province by an additional battle encounter. This is just to make up to the players who have gone quite advance in the research.

DeletedUser

Alternatively, rune shards could found in the already completed province by an additional battle encounter.
I have to admit I really like the sound of that, assuming you mean a further battle/negotiation encounter or perhaps something as amazing as riddles! (They wouldn't implement the later, but it'd be awesome. Or would they?). :D

Although I've only got 42 provinces completed so far, I've also got two complete chapters to do before I can start searching for rune shards. Slowing down with exploration doesn't sound like a very reasonable option to me as that would mean less space + acquiring an AW sooner that requires: Oh, you guessed it! A complete expansion (space), which I don't have available because I started to look for runes sooner/for cheaper... Hmm, I think I'm just going to keep exploring like I have been for the time being.

DeletedUser415

Yes..True..I had got seven runes for a wonder by completing 10 odd provinces and I am sure for the remaining 2 I had to go through about 20 more provinces which can take me a loooong time ..unlucky

I feel your pain. Especially since I was in Chapter 6 when they implemented it and added to Chapter 4.
When I was in Chapter 4, scout times were much shorter and now they are at least 22 hours to over 1 day.
As they are awarded at random, been getting a lot of broken shards lately and its been a long process with one day scout times.
Not very impressed on how they incorporated this feature into the game.

DeletedUser521

I feel your pain. Especially since I was in Chapter 6 when they implemented it and added to Chapter 4.
When I was in Chapter 4, scout times were much shorter and now they are at least 22 hours to over 1 day.
As they are awarded at random, been getting a lot of broken shards lately and its been a long process with one day scout times.
Not very impressed on how they incorporated this feature into the game.
I finally managed to complete the first wonder and now having 8 runes and 4 broken shards for the second one and it was done as I am now only nearing 140 provinces and my scouting time is just around 16 hours and I have an advanced scout research left too.I accept your words 100 percent that it will be painful as after more than one day scouting if you get a broken shard or a rune of already existing wonder.Furthermore the probability of getting a rune of desired type diminishes further after completing a wonder .A new update incorporated bringing a disadvantage to experienced and well established players is to me too not good as now the only source of getting shards quickly is by donating KP's to neighbor's AW and that too if you have completed your Tech tree.Unless rune shard giving quests are being incorporated I will experience the same during my dwarven wonders:(

Deleted User - 13667

In terms of battle encounters, I rarely do negotiation. Only once or twice throughout the entire 130 provinces completed. Negotiation takes up too much resources, it is more like extortion.

To take up space in provinces are up to the AI units, To send them to their Maker is up to me. lol :cool:

DeletedUser

I'm on the Dwarf AWs now and had 8 provinces which I'd left at 7/8, from those 8 provinces I got 2 runes each for the Mountain Halls and Dwarven Bulwark, however I also got 3 for the Crystal Lighthouse and 1 for the Martial Monastery both of which I've already built.

So it seems that its going to take me a long long time to build either of them unless I end up paying for them from my dwindling stock of diamonds.

DeletedUser415

I'm on the Dwarf AWs now and had 8 provinces which I'd left at 7/8, from those 8 provinces I got 2 runes each for the Mountain Halls and Dwarven Bulwark, however I also got 3 for the Crystal Lighthouse and 1 for the Martial Monastery both of which I've already built.

So it seems that its going to take me a long long time to build either of them unless I end up paying for them from my dwindling stock of diamonds.

This AW feature In my opinion is another fail by the devs.
I'm not even building eleven AW's, looking at only getting 1 Dwarven AW Mountain Halls. So now I have to waste more time and effort for stuff I'm not even going to build.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

This AW feature In my opinion is another fail by the devs.
I'm not even building eleven AW's, looking at only getting 1 Dwarven AW Mountain Halls. So now I have to waste more time and effort for stuff I'm not even going to build.

Totally and absolutely agree with you. The Ancient wonders are an absolute failure and a waste of boosted goods. I worked too hard to get my boost up in the BETA world to waste it building something as ugly as Ancient wonderless junk. They HAD a mirror image of the wonders and now their last update removed it...???????....Another Bug??????

On the BETA world we asked the Developers about all the Unused relics we were accumulating and do something...So what did the developers do....Make this garbage call Ancient Wonders that use Boost relics....DUH DUH DUH...guess they do not listen. I think they deliberately want to get players to leave this game and to alienate them....Very strange behavior. If I did not have used Diamonds I would quit this game.

Never buying any more diamonds even if they were free...

Deleted User - 13667

Nope. im not the architect of this game.

I just push them back to the depths of bytes

Am I the butterfly in the dreaming of a man or the man dreaming of a butterfly? :cool:

Deleted User - 13667

we are playing in the dream of another whose thoughts became a virtual reality. :D

Ancient Wonder = Ancient Blunder

Definitely seems to be it. Having had to put up with the nerfs just to have this half baked feature is too incomprehensible. Maybe the Next guest race has a AW to actually add to the fun that once was than the nightmare it now is

DeletedUser815

Hello everyone,

Please take note of the forum rules(click). In this case rule no 5 is very applicable.

Further rule breaches may result in posts being deleted.

Thank you kindly for your cooperation:)

Deleted User - 13667

x1.JPG
Inserted most of my runes. ..

Average luck? Or is this made delibrate? 4 shattered shards in a row. yes I actually had 8 in each type of AW with 9 shattered now. Been at max KP for a few days now. Very disappointing since Im stuck with max KP or I have to take my chances with getting an AW just to dump the extras away. i actually cleared 5-6 provinces in a 30-hours to get to this. Loss estimated to be over 3000 sword dancers (15 units or so), 750 archers II, 50 treants, 36 Golems II and 100 Sorceress. Sword dancers seem to be the most worthy of meat shields. . ><

Still, Im short of 1 pathetic rune after 40-48 battles... :mad:

No way would I ever negotiate for this.:(

The only supposedly good feature is shared shattered runes since it is almost guaranteed you will be stuck in gathering granite to clear research tech. For those who were at at before, during or near end of Chapter I research, congrats! You are the selected batch to get the AW at the fastest rate next only to the diamond users willing to take the 200 a pop rune insert. For the non-diamond users, you might get this awkward situation or perhaps the randomness to fall within range of provinces to be cleared.

If this is the only way to force AW feature to be popular, this would be an epic fail. Perhaps the next update would increase the already worsen situation? Or would there actually be an appreciative debugged update to fix rather than create more issues?

DeletedUser

I agree with s5carrott TOTALLY. Ancient Wonders are totally wonderless and a waste of Boosted items. We asked for our unused relics to be utilized at guess what the Geniuses at INNO used the Boosted ones.....PURE utter genius...face palm