• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders

Deleted User - 13667

You forgot about the debuffs made on other buildings for the so-call "balance" effect.

I think players would continue to hate this AW feature due to the changes made to enforce it not to mention transferring negativity to this ill-thought feature. And a rather weak story line to bind every time together. The storyline has not explained why and how the civilization of the elves and humans deteriorated, as I recall. Nor have they bind the Mandatory quests to have a plotline that seems reasonable. (2-3 liners just do not cut it)

:mad: Feeling vexed and undignified having to waste much troops just to restart the KP counter. And the AW needs over 8 hrs to build. 7++hrs with builders' boost. Keeping the KP full feels very irritating

DeletedUser

I totally agree Mr. Carrot. It seems the Ancient wonder was ill conceived, poorly designed and haphazardly introduced. On the Beta world forum we asked the developers to think of something to do with all our unused NON-BOOSTED relics. So instead they did the opposite. I shake my head at this rather ignorance on the part of the developers. Almost like a slap in the face to all their customers. The DEVS manage to irritate alot of people and sooner or later I feel this game will join the other failed enterprises that INNO has failed in.

The Ancient Wonders are absolutely wonderless...:p....I wonder how much money Inno has lost due to their blind incompetence.

I have spent my last monies with INNO, this game is the final straw of stupidity on the part of INNO.

Haphazard, inept, fumbling attempts to get thing right and they stumble over each other and create more problem instead of fixing the previous ones and if they fix one 3 more pop up....very strange why they want to alienate so many paying customers and encouraging more to leave this game....it goes on and on how inept this game is becoming.

DeletedUser

It will be worse when you've got the Dwarven AW as well because then you can get not only rune shards for the new ones, but also for the Elven/Human AWs plus of course even if you get the right shard then it can break very easily.

Deleted User - 13667

With 2 AW at the same time, I think the chances become slimmer to complete 1 AW.

1 AW = (9/9+9/8+9/7+9/6+9/5+9/4+9/3+9/2) = 16.46
2 AW = 2*(9/9+9/8+9/7+9/6+9/5+9/4+9/3+9/2) = 32.92
4 AW = 4*(9/9+9/8+9/7+9/6+9/5+9/4+9/3+9/2) = 65.84

The more variables, the lower the chances. There is guarantee you will complete the 2nd AW.
taking both the 2AW and 4AW together, you need over 100 provinces to maybe just have 2-3 AW assuming 50-50 chance to get the required necessary rune.

And yes, the only good point about the AW is that it is like a dumping ground for KP since Im stuck with gathering the ridiculously high amount of granite for each tech now

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I had 18 broken shards in a row. Very costly. My biggest province was 4 million coins to discover THEN get the 8 relics which I purchase with goods....Then get a Chance at a shard and find it breaks AGAIN....repeat whole process until I have enough for another Expansion only to have 8 broken shards. Now that is one highly expensive adventure...:)

Deleted User - 13667

To add a little positive, I was able to place 22KP at one go once the AW was built. Better than nothing. But I still skipped the odd once-in-a-lifetime quest: place 20 KP into the AW. Odd quest with relatively good rewards

DeletedUser

I had 18 broken shards in a row.
The odds of breaking 18 shards in a row is 1 in 2^18th.
That's 1 chance in more that a quarter million.
To quote Bill Gates, "I think you must be misinformed."

If 18 was a typo, then breaking 8 shards of 16 is average luck for filling up the first 8 slots in the ring, At that point you'll only need a maximum of 2 more Rune Shards.

Deleted User - 13667

Katwijk is right. 18 in a row = 1 rune + 8 shards. Only 2 more to a new rune.
Anyway, it should be 9 slots in the rune ring. Or you are excluding the 1st rune since it will never break?

DeletedUser

I actually said "the first 8 slots." You have to look at the odds, at each stage, of filling ANY ONE of the remaining open slots or, more precisely, how many trials you'll need at each stage.
  • 9/9 + 9/8 + 9/7 + 9/6 + 9/5 + 9/4 + 9/3 + 9/2 = 16+ with average luck, and you'll have 8 filled slots and 8 broken shards at that point
  • If the 17th shard works, you'll carry over 8 broken shards
  • If the 18th shard works, you'll carry over 9 broken shards
  • 10 broken shards are guaranteed to fill an open slot, and only the final slot is still open.

Deleted User - 13667

That would mean 19 battles are a possibility of the outcome Assuming you got through the 1st 16 runes with 8 shatters (50-50 split between pass and fail)

I wonder how many battles are needed to gather just that last 1 rune for the other AW? Another 30 provinces perhaps since I have 0 shards now since I can still gather runes for the currently completed AW I have...

DeletedUser

There's no 19th shard. If your Broken Shard Bar is full, you should ALWAY use the 10 broken shards, which are guaranteed to fill an empty shard ring slot. If you have a full bar, and your Rune Shard breaks, you just totally wasted a Rune Shard.

Your chance of getting the "right" 9+9 shards, from the provinces, follows the same logic. Forty sectors should be plenty to ensure that you have 18 of both types.

When you get the Dwarven AW tech, and then the Fairy AW tech, you'll have SIX possible Rune Shards. Dice anyone? It's a crap shoot at that point.

Deleted User - 13667

I should have typed completed provinces. Runes do not drop after battle encounters.

Just completing 1 of the AW does not mean you will receive the rune you need for the next AW. Rather you will continue to get runes from either of the 2 AW.

Say you completed 1 of the 2 AW with only just 1 rune short. You have already collected the 10th rune shard. You can't insert the runes for the newly completed AW, you only have 1 type of runes to depend on getting what you need. So you would need 10 shards to get the exact rune needed.

The possibility to get the exact rune you need would be anything between 1 - 19 completed provinces that is if you get 1 of the 2 types of runes each time you complete a province. 19 completed provinces to get the 2nd AW is the worst possible case.

DeletedUser

The RNG Gods are going to obscure the actual results, but we're certainly in the right ballpark. Also, in FoE there's no limit on how far UP you can level a Great Buildings, so I suspect that Rune Shards will be useful for EVERY 5th level, once we have the full AW package.

As we get more and more different types of Guest Races, and therefore more and more different types of Rune Shards when we acquire a province, the focus will shift more and more toward obtaining the 18 Rune Shards that you need, for every 5th level, by assisting with AW levels of the appropriate sort. Based on similar experience with Blueprints in FoE, you'll have Rune Shards coming out your ears.

Deleted User - 13667

I still find the AW more of a sham.

Maybe we'll get the guest race good at reducing spaces of buildings without losses? :)

PS:

I doubt anyone would mind having lots more of the AW. perhaps the newer players who would not have had the misfortune of experiencing total lack of them would complain.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes I had 18 in a row. Not a typo. It does not matter anyway, since I would Never never build any WONDER. In Beta world we asked the developers about unused none boosted relics and suggested many very positive ideas. All ignored...Instead the developers decided to use Boosted relics for the Ancient Wonders....duh if you ask me.

DeletedUser

On the Beta world forum we asked the developers to think of something to do with all our unused NON-BOOSTED relics. So instead they did the opposite. I shake my head at this rather ignorance on the part of the developers. Almost like a slap in the face to all their customers. The DEVS manage to irritate alot of people and sooner or later I feel this game will join the other failed enterprises that INNO has failed in.

I suggested somewhere pooling unboosted relics to a fellowship and thus providing a fellowship boost applicable to people's specialty productions. So your boosts would be (% from relics personally discovered) + (% from total relics of the type in question discovered by your fellowship). That would both make use of the non boosted relics and make fellowships serve a further purpose. Arrogant as it may seem, I think that is a better idea than wasting them on ancient wonders, particularly using boosted relics on them seems bizarre. I'm not against ancient wonders per se, but I think they are somewhat ill-conceived. I also dislike the lottery style "person who donates most kp gets a reward" thing. Surely there are more sensible ways to encourage people to work together.

Deleted User - 13667

Sloth is right. But I think Sloth wanted to say it is the highest bidder wins situation at the moment.

The bidding method to vie for a reward seems less than encouraging.
Lottery would be random winners which is different from the current situation

DeletedUser

Yep, that's what I mean. I guess I was looking for something like "gambling" ;)

DeletedUser

I suggested somewhere pooling unboosted relics to a fellowship and thus providing a fellowship boost applicable to people's specialty productions. So your boosts would be (% from relics personally discovered) + (% from total relics of the type in question discovered by your fellowship). That would both make use of the non boosted relics and make fellowships serve a further purpose. Arrogant as it may seem, I think that is a better idea than wasting them on ancient wonders, particularly using boosted relics on them seems bizarre. I'm not against ancient wonders per se, but I think they are somewhat ill-conceived. I also dislike the lottery style "person who donates most kp gets a reward" thing. Surely there are more sensible ways to encourage people to work together.

I totally agree. When I first saw the Ancient Wonders in the BETA world/server I was amazed...They looked great. BUT soon this amazement was replaced with another type of Wonderment....First the very low reward AND the use of Boosted items. Over time the more I learned about A.W. the more I knew I would never build them unless Forced to.

I had a dream about A.W.'S and Inno making us build them in order to advance in the Tech tree...A sort of build them or else type scenario...:p...Must be all the Magic Dust I am hoarding in the Beta world....:pP

DeletedUser

I had a dream about A.W.'S and Inno making us build them in order to advance in the Tech tree...A sort of build them or else type scenario...:p...Must be all the Magic Dust I am hoarding in the Beta world....:pP

Considering we are forced to build non-boosted tier 3 factories to advance in the quest system, that doesn't seem too impossible ;P