• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders

• Thread starter Deleted User - 67582
  • Start date

DeletedUser

You have to have the ancient wonders in question unlocked to forge a rune for it. You cannot forge a rune for a dwarven wonder from shards gathered from elven or human wonders, unless you unlocked the dwarven AW tech.

DeletedUser

"Broken" shards are the ones that fill up the little bar that has 10 slots, the one with the Diamond bar under it. If you switch to a different AW where you're still filling your Rune Wheel, the broken shards carry over. Beware, however, that you can't accumulate more that 10 broken shards, When the bar is full, zero out the broken shards before you try to place ANY regular ones.

firerock

Enchanter
I have the unlocked the 2 Elven wonders Lighthouse and Monastery

The Lighthouse is level 3 and I now have 17 Rune shards for it, I have already built it so I cannot convert these Rune shards to broken shards

The monastery I have 1 rune left to fill, and have 9 of 10 broken shards

There is NO WAY that you can take a rune shard for the Lighthouse and use it on the Monastery.

And like a tease it keeps giving me Lighthouse runes when I complete a province, like its sticking its tongue out and razzing! :)
I'm already halfway through the dwarven one and I still haven't been able to build the ruddy thing, and obviously I started both Elven ones at the same time!

I'm feeling I need to sacrifice some goats or something to appease the gods ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Unfortunately only shards that break when you try to insert them can be used for any wonder. The ones you get for wonders you already built or don't want to build, you are stuck with, at least for now :) You can collect shards for the dwarven ones by donating to other people's wonders, but you only get a shard if you are one of the top donors.

DeletedUser289

I have the unlocked the 2 Elven wonders Lighthouse and Monastery

The Lighthouse is level 3 and I now have 17 Rune shards for it, I have already built it so I cannot convert these Rune shards to broken shards

The monastery I have 1 rune left to fill, and have 9 of 10 broken shards

There is NO WAY that you can take a rune shard for the Lighthouse and use it on the Monastery..

I think you are confusing two different things.

Runes are not the same thing as rune shards.

Runes, you are right and there is no way to use a Lighthouse rune on the Monastery. Unless you manage to keep breaking the Lighthouse runes, see below.

But when you end up with 10 broken rune shards, that will guarantee you a rune on any AW. It does not matter which AW the runes were broken on to produce the rune shards.

So yes like me you will end up with Runes you may never use. But a finished row of 10 rune shards can be turned into a run on any AW. Very useful for completing the last couple of runes on an AW.

Deleted User - 13667

you might need to insert the runes again at level 5, i think

DeletedUser1295

@ firerock: I can see your point :) The wording might need a slight change to e.g. :

Broken Shards in any Ancient Wonder can be used to reveal all kinds of Runes in that particular Ancient Wonder.

EDIT:
Please read the posts after this one as well, since the above statement is not correct either ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser289

@ firerock: I can see your point :) The wording might need a slight change to e.g. :

Broken Shards in any Ancient Wonder can be used to reveal all kinds of Runes in that particular Ancient Wonder.

That wording is also a little misleading, making it sound as if broken shards can only be used in the AW in which they were gained. That isn't the case.

DeletedUser1295

@ quicksilver: pls let us know as to where else you can use these broken shards?
I'm not one pretending to be a know-all and am truly curious how broken shards can be used outside the AW they belong to :)

DeletedUser289

You get broken rune shards when you use a Rune on an AW, it tries to go where there's already a rune in place and therefore shatters. The broken rune shard then appears on your Broken Shards bar.

The Broken Shards bar is the same bar for all your AWs, there is not a separate broken shards bar for each one. So if (for example) you try using 10 Runes for a Monastery, they all break and you fill the Broken Shards bar, it gives you a guaranteed Rune that won't shatter, on any of the AWs, not just the Monastery.

I found this quite useful when I was completing the last couple of runes on one of my AWs. I kept slotting Sanctuary runes into place, until eventually I had enough broken shards to get a guaranteed Rune on the AW I actually wanted to build. :)

DeletedUser1295

@ quicksilver: Wow!!! I have just visited all my AW's and it seems you are right, high five to you!!!
I will monitor this for a while though and ask my team-members to confirm this :)

If they do, the wiki text will not need any change :p

DeletedUser1295

I received some answers from my team-members ;-) - and hope these will clarify things!

• Broken shards can be used in any AW, but when you have built an AW, any further shards you find for that AW will never become broken shards;
• A shard will only break if it matches one you already have, at the time when you insert it in the rune circle,
-- Since once you build an AW you can no longer insert shards, these shards can never break.
-- Unless you have finished level 5 of an AW and need runes again to unlock the next levels.

DeletedUser289

I received some answers from my team-members ;-) - and hope these will clarify things!

• Broken shards can be used in any AW, but when you have built an AW, any further shards you find for that AW will never become broken shards;
• A shard will only break if it matches one you already have, at the time when you insert it in the rune circle,
-- Since once you build an AW you can no longer insert shards, these shards can never break.
-- Unless you have finished level 5 of an AW and need runes again to unlock the next levels.

Thank you for confirming. :)