• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders

• Thread starter Deleted User - 67582
  • Start date

Deleted User - 67582

I've recently got to the stage of trying to build an ancient wonder, and am trying to earn runes. Before considering the efforts or worth of building these, earning the runes seems like it will be a long arduous process.
I've collected 10 runes and 7 broken shards (not a very good rate considering 10 broken shards = 1 rune). The effort needed to gain a province (battles are so 1-sided at these levels) through saving or trading goods is laborious enough without having the extra slog to gain 9 runes.
You don't even seem to get the choice which ancient wonder your rune can be applied to!
Anyway just pointing out that I'm not enthused over the ancient wonder gimmick.
Saski

DeletedUser

As I wrote in another thread, I had to complete 44 provinces to build both of the first 2 ancient wonders, so that should give you some idea as to how many provinces you need to finish to get them.

DeletedUser415

Hey Saski,
You may know this, but visit players that have the AW you want to build. Does not even have to be in your FS. It will cost you kp, but pending your donations for that wonder, you can get 1-2 runes that you want and small amount of kp back. It takes away some of the pain by getting randoms and broken's from provinces.

In my opinion, the only AW worth getting is Mountain Halls. I don't even worry about the rest of em, for now anyway. I use the extra space for culture and res's which are more valuable to keep building and more MF's, which are both more productive then AW's, in building my city.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Apologies as this is my first ever post and will probably seem daft or is something I have missed somewhere. I have as suggested in the above by Heisenberg visited other players and assisted with their AW's. I just gave 1 kp to another player and in the reward column it shows I have been awarded 15 kp and a shard for the martial monastery. So I have two questions,

1 When do I get the 15 kp? and how can I get 15 kp when I can only ever have 10 at one time?
2 The shard for the monastery is useless to me as I already have this building. Can it be traded? or can I donate it to someone.

Apologies if the above are obvious and explained somewhere already but if they are I can't find the information.

Thanking anyone in advance for any information or response.

DeletedUser

Hi chaos,

You will get the reward when the player has collected all the kp to upgrade the building, however, if someone else donates more, it may well be that you get less or nothing.
The 15 kp will be added to your usual bar and the surplus will still be available. There are some restrictions to this though. As I understand it, you will not collect your further hourly KP after they have been credited if the awarded kp cause the bar to fill, so the only way you will get the full 15 KP is if you are online at the time. I believe there was some other restriction, but I can no longer find the post in the forum. Perhaps someone else will enlighten us :D
You will need rune shards again to level you AW up to level 6, so the rune shard is not useless. They cannot be traded at this time, nor can they be donated.

DeletedUser

Hi Slotharingia,

Thank you for the quick and helpful answer. So in other words not really any point in wasting kp by helping others at the stage in the game I am at. Would be far better just using on myself as I have a constant use for them in the tech tree and for upgrading my own aw. Apologies if that sounds selfish but would appear to be logical. Also good to know that any additional shards I collect will be of use further on in the game as I didn't see any information re this anywhere.
Pity this game doesn't encourage general every day discussion by having an in game discussion area apart from the fellowship chat. That's probably why 90% of players when they start give up within days because they have no one to talk to or ask about anything whereas if there was an onscreen ongoing chat/discussion they would at least feel included or able to join in. However that's only a personal view.

Thank you again re the info.

DeletedUser815

The 15 kp will be added to your usual bar and the surplus will still be available. There are some restrictions to this though. As I understand it, you will not collect your further hourly KP after they have been credited if the awarded kp cause the bar to fill, so the only way you will get the full 15 KP is if you are online at the time. I believe there was some other restriction, but I can no longer find the post in the forum.
Thank you @Slotharingia :)
You are for the most part correct. The reward KP's received from investing in a AW is never lost. You will always get the full amount. If you are online and with a empty KP bar when you get an award of 15 KP's you will be able to spend those 15 KP's and if you were ofline and had a KP bar with 10 KP's in when you received the award you will have 25 KP's to spend when you log in. If the award KP's pushes your available KP up to 10 or more then you won't receive anymore hourly KP's but you won't lose any hourly KP's allready gained. There is no other restrictions regarding receiving AW award KP's. Even if you receive rewards from mutiple AW's at the same time the award KP's won't be lost. Just the future hourly KP's untill your KP bar is at less than 10.

DeletedUser

Yes, that's what I meant but phrased it wrong. You get the full reward, but if you are offline, any hourly kp get lost meaning you get that much less than you would had you been online as the hourly kp are no longer added.

@chaos greco whether you donate to others AW is something everyone has to decide for themselves. Unless the AW is close to an upgrade, it's likely though that someone else will donate more and you end up with nothing. Once you have an AW, you can participate in KP donation schemes, either with your fellowship or one or two other players, and in the latter case, it's unlikely someone else will manage to come along and donate more once you've been doing it for a while, nor would there be much point to it if they did as they'd have to invest a lot of KP in a short time. Essentially this works out the same as investing in your own AW to upgrade it, except with the bonus of (possibly) getting a reward once the upgrade is complete. Of course, if you've already built the AW in question, the reward will be a rune shard for the AW you already have.

Deleted User - 13667

While that amount of kp at the earlier stages, it does get very stagnant as you are forced to gather copper & granite. you will have lots of time to burn unless you waste several plots of land just to build these.

DeletedUser

@s5carrot Are you saying that once you get the the dwarf chapter, you end up with surplus KP to invest in AW as you get stuck on the tech tree with more KP than you can use in it? Sounds like something to look forward to :D

DeletedUser417

Arendyll:
As I am a negotiater (NEVER do battles) I left the Squad Size Upgrades 11 and 17 open (I'm an Elf). I'm halfway the research in Dwarves Chapter and I now have KP's to spend in those Squad Size Upgrades if I ever decide to start doing battles LOL But I just want to complete every box in the tree, just not in the order they want me to.

I'm not really into the Wonders and I don't participate in any swaps/donations so fellows don't have to donate in mine. If you have leftover KP's you can put them in your own wonder. OK, I won't get a reward, but the rewards aren't that huge anyways :p And you will only get the rewards if you're one of the top-helpers anyways.

Winyandor:
I've learned my lesson on Arendyll, on Winyandor I'll skip Squad Size 12 and 14 as well until after I've done Portal (working on this one now)/Residence and Portal Tracks and Granite Mines. After I've finished the Mines I can start producing Granite for upgrading them and the Portal, then working on path to Copper to upgrade Granite and Copper and Portal to max. Quest for Squad Size 12 and 13 will have to wait until I have to wait to have enough granite and copper to open the 3rd last column in tree :D

Did this make sense? :confused:

Deleted User - 13667

@s5carrot Are you saying that once you get the the dwarf chapter, you end up with surplus KP to invest in AW as you get stuck on the tech tree with more KP than you can use in it? Sounds like something to look forward to :D

Sloth, I am saying you will have KP to invest in AW since most of the time you will be waiting to gather copper & granite. Kp does not drop from the sky or out of the screen ;)

It is a very long and boring wait as noted by most players who have a little taste of it. You have been warned:D

DeletedUser

Sloth, I am saying you will have KP to invest in AW since most of the time you will be waiting to gather copper & granite. Kp does not drop from the sky or out of the screen ;)

It is a very long and boring wait as noted by most players who have a little taste of it. You have been warned:D

Uh. Starting to get why people have reported a lot of players quitting the game at that point. Like as if we needed more watching the paint dry aspects ;P

Deleted User - 13667

Uh. Starting to get why people have reported a lot of players quitting the game at that point. Like as if we needed more watching the paint dry aspects ;P
Watching the paint dry? LOL its a good example.

Think of it as being forced to stand outside the class for a few weeks during the entire day. That should give a feel to everyone how it is like.

DeletedUser1223

I started Elvenar at the end of September and have finnished my research tree,, is there any news of a new guest race ?

firerock

Enchanter
Is it a bug (as it sure feels like one), that despite building the elven lighthouse ages ago (I'm on level 3), I am still getting broken shards for it? What the point other than to pee off players. If you have some cunning plan for them, I guess you should put it in the wiki, as all I find is that this is 'highly' annoying and makes me go why the flip bother playing this game, I now have 17 rune shards I see no purpose for, and I still haven't been able to build the monastery as I keep getting lighthouse shards.

tell me this is a bug! Or I might just get totally peed off and quit playing.

DeletedUser289

Firerock, you will be glad of those runes when you build the Lighthouse to level 5 and discover you need 9 more runes to build it to level 6. The best way to be sure to get runes for your monastery is to add enough KPs to ones that other players are building.

firerock

Enchanter
Firerock, you will be glad of those runes when you build the Lighthouse to level 5 and discover you need 9 more runes to build it to level 6. The best way to be sure to get runes for your monastery is to add enough KPs to ones that other players are building.

nice to know thanks, my post was written with tongue in cheek.

But this is misleading then from the wiki

Hint:Broken Shards can be used to reveal all kinds of Runes in any Ancient Wonder! So if you still have them after building one Ancient Wonder you can use them to forge and activate a Rune in a new one!

This is not the case, this either needs to be worded better to fit what it actually does, or there is a bug.