• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders Survey

Deleted User - 13667

For what it is worth, having about the same luck for the Level 5 circle. Things are definitely going to get worse as I have unlocked the Dwarven AW. Perhaps if i were to max out the two AWs, it will get better? But the current situation is I get a random type of rune among 4 choices. This further dilutes my chances of completing the relic circle for the dwarven AW

DeletedUser

Afaik completing the AW makes no difference. If my track record is anything to go by, it seems impossible to get the dwarven AW before maxing out the possible no. of expansions, unless one were to actually buy shards. Maybe it will get easier once these tournaments are introduced, though I haven't got my hopes up.

Deleted User - 13667

Hmm im almost done with 1 of the Dwarven AW. Perhaps im missing out on some info on what happens to the runes of the completed AW. Do they get converted into shards or just take up space?

DeletedUser

If you've already completed level 1 and have built the AW, then additional Rune Shards will simply accumulate in your inventory. You'll need them to upgrade to level 6.

If you have Rune Shards of a type that you DON'T want, then you can convert half of them into something useful. 10 Rune Share of an unwanted type are worth 1 Rune Shard of a desired type.

While you're filling up an unwanted Rune Wheel, so level 1 for our purposes, you'll break half the Rune Shards of the relevant type. When your Broken Shard bar is full THEN you switch to a DESIRED AW and use the full Broken Shard bar to fill in an empty slot in the desired Rune Wheel.

You don't even need to build your unwanted AW. If the Rune Wheel is already full then half of the shards will break and go into the broken shard bar, and the half that WOULD have filled a Rune Wheel Slot are simply lost.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

@s5carrot as far as I know, once you completed upgrading an AW to max level, you still get shards for them when completing provinces and they are currently useless. Since you upgraded two above level 6, I suppose you know this better than I do. Do you still get shards for the monastery and the lighthouse when completing provinces? I assume that's what you are asking. Once we unlock fairy AW, that would mean we have a 1/6 chance of getting the shard we want per completed province.

You don't even need to build your unwanted AW. If the Rune Wheel is already full then half of the shards will break and go into the broken shard bar, and the half that WOULD have filled a Rune Wheel Slot are simply lost.

Are you saying that if we chose NOT to build an AW, we can continue adding shards to the wheel after it is full and force break them?

DeletedUser

Yes. if you try to add Rune Shards to a full wheel, and you STILL have an empty broken shard cell, you'll get a broken shard half the time. In other words, filling the tenth ninth Rune Wheel slot does NOT automatically complete the process.

DeletedUser219

Yes. if you try to add Rune Shards to a full wheel, and you STILL have an empty broken shard cell, you'll get a broken shard half the time. In other words, filling the tenth Rune Wheel slot does NOT automatically complete the process.
Double-check @Katwijk there are only 9 Rune Wheel slots. :p

Deleted User - 13667

that means they take up space. You get the runes regardless if they are maxed out or not.

Poor planning...:(

About to build my 4th AW actually. Seems like there is nothing much left to do

Deleted User - 106219

Yes. if you try to add Rune Shards to a full wheel, and you STILL have an empty broken shard cell, you'll get a broken shard half the time. In other words, filling the tenth Rune Wheel slot does NOT automatically complete the process.
You CAN'T add runes to a complete wheel - the "Insert" button is greyed out and inactive. That's why I'm currently stuck with 11 compeltely useless Crystal Lighthouse runes: I already have all 9 runes inserted and I have no desire (and no space) to build the Lighthouse, so I can do nothing with the 11 Lighthouse runes. And yes, I do have space for more broken shards - currently I have 2 out of 10 broken shards.

DeletedUser

Hmmm - once upon a time you could get burned. They must have tuned the code a bit. In that case you'll have to start building but immediately sell the unwanted AW, to clear out the full Rune Wheel.

Deleted User - 13667

well if that is indeeed the case, then too bad for me then. The AW are costly in terms of relics to build:(

DeletedUser

The AW are costly in terms of relics to build
We now have an "end of game" and/or "end of chapter" triple
  • Tournaments generate additional Relics/KPs/Runes
  • Ancient Wonders convert Runes/Relics/KPs into permanent buffs
  • The Magic Academy converts Relics into temporary buffs (spells)
What else are you going to do while your tech tree is maxed out, or while you're unlocking the Advanced Scouting chest for the next chapter?

DeletedUser

Updating this to say that in my Elven city I got the first Dwarven AW (and the only one I want), after completing 28 provinces and collecting a total of 18 dwarven runes, 13 of which were for the wonder I wanted. Only 4 broke. Luck level this time round = high.

DeletedUser

I THINK this is on topic, mods move if not...

I just researched the chapter 3 AW and decided I don't want either of them. By researching them, does that mean I now have a chance of getting the runes for them, rather than an AW I might actually want later?
OR
Would I have been better off NOT researching chapter 3 AW's as this will make getting leter AW's harder?

Deleted User - 106219

Yes, you now have a chnace to get runes for them, so if you don't want them you were better off not researching them (at least until researching them becomes mandatory).

DeletedUser

Yes, you now have a chnace to get runes for them, so if you don't want them you were better off not researching them (at least until researching them becomes mandatory).

Darn it!
Can I undo the research? Even if I don't get the RP's back???

DeletedUser

Better to leave the research on hold as long as you still can (they are bound to make it mandatory), so you can concentrate on the dwarven/fairy ones. Personally I don't find any of the new AW's from previous chapters interesting.

No, you cannot undo research.

Deleted User - 13667

I actually did get quite a bit of runes at the earlier stages since few donated to AW. But there is a setback to this: you seem to run out of KP very fast and they are costly if you keep buying

DeletedUser2028

Not too long playing this game but researched and built 1st wonders Tome of Secrets and Golden Abyss then researched 2nd wonders Needles of Tempest and Endless Excavation and the only Runes I've getting from provinces and Tourney were for 1st wonders which is scandalous. I think programmers need to get their heads out the mushrooms and sort this rune issue

a) Runes are hard enough to get without them breaking on you, remove this from parameters
b) Once rune rings are complete runes should not be able to be duplicated
b) Or failing above let them be traded between members for useful runes or sold :mad:

DeletedUser

+1 for trading!
+ Infinity for getting rid of breaking runes (or make it 2 rune shards to make a new rune..)