• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders Survey

DeletedUser

For those of you who have built at least one Ancient Wonder *without using diamonds*, I wanted to ask how many provinces you had to complete to do so. If you skipped the first ones and built dwarven ones, how many provinces did you complete to be able to do that?

So far I have built the Martial Monastery and the Crystal Lighthouse. To get to this point I completed 44 provinces after the AW tech. I am currently skeptical as regards their value, but I feel compelled to construct them anyway, at least for my elves cos that's the way I roll. My humans are majorly strapped for space so I might refrain :D

- edited to include the final number of provinces I completed to get the first 2 ancient wonders on my elves.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I agree. The ancient wonders take up too much space for the return they give.
I built the martial monastery but I am lucky to get 3 rubs per day due to sparse active population in my area. This makes building the lighthouse a complete waste of time. The buildings themselves take far to many points to bother levelling and the rewards for assisting others are pathetic.
We need a serious re-think regarding Ancient wonders in my opinion.

DeletedUser

I get some shards from quests too but far more from provinces, didnt count how many it took but on beta i built the lighthouse and it is indeed completely useless due to only 1 neighbor who visits me and the 9 goods it gives is rediculous

DeletedUser815

lucky to get 3 rubs per day due to sparse active population in my area
Hello @Krysis60 The Crystal Lighthouse / Great Bell Spire adds goods to your inventory when you do neighborly help for others. It does not matter if they have visited you or not.

DeletedUser219

I managed to build both human Wonders without using diamonds. I'm afraid I can't answer your question, though, because I have no real idea how many provinces I had completed when I finished the Wonder research.
It took me to a TOTAL of 120 to build both wonders, and I am fairly sure I was over 70 when I started, if that helps.

DeletedUser287

Being in active guild will help you a lot. You can easily get them on level 5 in no time. Of course at beginning you wont have much benefits from them, but later on its worth having them. My friend got Lighthouse so fast, he got lucky. While me, It took me some time to get all 9 shards.

Deleted User - 13667

I counted 40 provinces to build both. 20+ just for the first one.

I really do not think the probability brought up previously is really working all that well here. The rewards for resources get more significant once past level 2, in my cents worth

DeletedUser

I counted 40 provinces to build both. 20+ just for the first one.

I really do not think the probability brought up previously is really working all that well here. The rewards for resources get more significant once past level 2, in my cents worth

Pretty sure I was at over 30 to get the first one. My humans are now also well over 20 and still have neither, but I'm guessing the low 40's are probably what we should expect for the first two then.

What do you mean by "I really do not think the probability brought up previously is really working all that well here."?

On the one hand I expect the game designers know what they are doing and the AW are an important aspect of the game, but otoh the comments some people make, make me reluctant to build them in my human town since I am very low on space there. For my elves, at least for now, it's neither here nor there as I don't have a space problem (yet). Are you saying that after level 2 the boosts provided are good enough to annul the argument that they waste more space/effort/boosted relics than they provide benefits?

DeletedUser

I hate to nag, but I'm really interested in more feedback on this subject. I've completed 50 provinces since unlocking ancient wonders in my human town and still completing no 2 doesn't look like it's going to happen soon. I'd like to be able to give players who have yet to reach this point a realistic idea of how long it takes to build the ancient wonders without using diamonds.

DeletedUser

On average you'll need 18 Runes to fill a Rune Shard ring. 9/9+9/8+9/7+9/6+9/5+9/4+9/3+9/1=16.48 trials for 8 Filled Rune Shard Slots + 8 broken shard. At that point, with good luck your next shard will get you 9 filled slots and you'll still have 8 broken shards for your next AW.
  • In the provinces, if you've ONLY researched the chapter IV AWs, your odds are 50%, so 36 sectors.
  • In the provinces, if you've ALSO researched the chapter VI AWs, your odds are 25%, so 72 sectors.
You're MUCH better off swapping KPs with somebody who has the desired AW.

DeletedUser

On my first attempt, I just used runes as I got them. It took me about 50 provinces to get both done. However, I did much better the second time, where I only used runes for the first one I was building, saving up the others until I had the first one done, and only then did I start using the other runes. That time, it took me just under 30. It mattered to not have all the runes piling up on the one I'd already researched.

DeletedUser

On average you'll need 18 Runes to fill a Rune Shard ring. 9/9+9/8+9/7+9/6+9/5+9/4+9/3+9/1=16.48 trials for 8 Filled Rune Shard Slots + 8 broken shard. At that point, with good luck your next shard will get you 9 filled slots and you'll still have 8 broken shards for your next AW.
  • In the provinces, if you've ONLY researched the chapter IV AWs, your odds are 50%, so 36 sectors.
  • In the provinces, if you've ALSO researched the chapter VI AWs, your odds are 25%, so 72 sectors.
You're MUCH better off swapping KPs with somebody who has the desired AW.

Interesting. Do you mean 36 sectors for 1 AW or for both (of the first ones)? 36 sounds about right without using maths (lol) to me for the first one, while 72 for both seems a little high.

I think it's quite difficult to find people to do swaps with, especially before you hit the granite bottleneck and actually need your KP.

On my first attempt, I just used runes as I got them. It took me about 50 provinces to get both done. However, I did much better the second time, where I only used runes for the first one I was building, saving up the others until I had the first one done, and only then did I start using the other runes. That time, it took me just under 30. It mattered to not have all the runes piling up on the one I'd already researched.

This is interesting. I take it you are talking about the first 2 AW in 2 different cities? So because after we build the first aw we keep getting runes for it anyway, you finish them faster if you don't insert any for the second AW until you built the first one? Don't you stockpile them anyway though, after you've built the first one? I feel a bit too stupid to get this atm :D

DeletedUser

36 sounds about right without using maths
  • You need 36 tries to have a 50/50 chance of getting whichever Rune Shard you want first,
  • If you're willing to accept EITHER of the two AW first, then you'll need around 30 Rune Shards
  • If you're after BOTH of the two AWs, then you'll need around 40 Rune Shards
  • Because the "wrong" ones for the first AW give you a head start on the second AW

DeletedUser

I'm at 52 currently and still haven't got the second one in my human town. I'm thinking I might even need 60 to get both AW this time round. With this level of luck fluctuation, I starting to think the devs might want to rethink the process as I'm not convinced one can argue that it's fair that one person may end up having to complete 20 or even more provinces than someone else. Once one tries to build the dwarven ones, it's going to be even worse. I wonder if there are any players out there who built all AW without diamonds who could provide some input as to the number of provinces required to build all 4. :D

DeletedUser

I have a city on each server. When I got the tech unlocked for the first city, I just used runes as soon as I got them, and then ended up full on broken shards with a number of runes left to find on each AW. Which mean, in my opinion, an inefficient use of the shards to get a different rune. On the other world, I cleared until I had a lot of runes in each, and then just started on the one I had the most for. By the time I was done, I was at about 6-7 rune shards, and had not had to cash one in. I started the next, and while I was already on my way to a completed rune shard collection, I had a lot of open spaces and ended up not needing it with some luck too.

DeletedUser

And, as of now, I've still managed to stick to my policy of no real money. I do try to enter all the contests though because I want to get diamonds anyway. ;) Does that explain what I did better?

DeletedUser

I have a city on each server. When I got the tech unlocked for the first city, I just used runes as soon as I got them, and then ended up full on broken shards with a number of runes left to find on each AW. Which mean, in my opinion, an inefficient use of the shards to get a different rune. On the other world, I cleared until I had a lot of runes in each, and then just started on the one I had the most for. By the time I was done, I was at about 6-7 rune shards, and had not had to cash one in. I started the next, and while I was already on my way to a completed rune shard collection, I had a lot of open spaces and ended up not needing it with some luck too.

So on your second attempt, which involved completing one AW before starting the other, you did not get enough broken shards to complete even one set of ten? That seems like either very good strategy, or luck or both!

I do buy diamonds, but I try to limit my use of them to make it more challenging. In spite of temptation, I will not be using any diamonds for AW in any of my cities as I want to collect reliable data, which I will then pass on here. As mentioned above, I'm not convinced the system of AW acquisition can be considered fair as it currently stands :D

DeletedUser

As I have just unlocked my Crystal Lighthouse, here the data:
  • Total number of provinces completed: 17
  • Total number of Crystal Lighthouse runes gained: 12
  • Remaining 5 runes were for the Monastery
Those 12 runes for the Crystal Lighthouse were enough to complete the whole set, leaving me with just 3 broken shards.

Going to consider myself lucky. :D

DeletedUser

Indeed you were. I actually ended up needing over 60 to complete both AW in my human town, which I think is a ridiculous amount.

DeletedUser

Indeed you were. I actually ended up needing over 60 to complete both AW in my human town, which I think is a ridiculous amount.
Perhaps it helped not planning on building any of the AW in the first place (due to lack of space) and disregarding the monastery completely as I have no use for it? Lol

Just call me John from now on. John-117 :p

Oh wait. I'm anti-militaristic... :eek: (that's a word right? o_O)