• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonders and where to place...

Nymis

Alchemist
Hi all. Just wanted to find out what other people thought about the placement of Ancient wonders...
Do you prefer if they are spread out around people's cities? Lined up in a row? or how do you feel about them all clustered in one area of the map like I do...which has lead to complaints of finding needles in haystacks when you have quite a few placed. (I do nearly have all of them placed...)

I would have thought people would have preferred not to go searching around players maps but maybe it's just me. Would it be better if I tried to spread them out in a circle around the borders of my city instead?

Thoughts? Thanks!

m4rt1n

Adept
I have most of mine all placed together, with the odd one on the edge of the city and have never had complaints as such.
Occasionally a fellow will ask me to point one out, then reply almost straight after saying they found it.

Pauly7

Magus
I prefer them to be spaced out so they look randomly spaced... not so spaced out that it looks on purpose.... and the most important thing of all - some of them are pretty large so my number one rule is that they don't block anything else out.

Deleted User - 341074

I group the ones with 3h collects together, and the EE&ToS go with my set buildings to keep all 24h collects together. The ones that never need collection get stuffed wherever they fit best.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I try to place my wonders together based on size and shape. My main focus is to use as few street connections as possible. I have gotten some complaints that they can't find the right wonder, but that's rare.

Aisling1

Conjurer
I try and put them together in an "Ancient Wonder park" - make it interesting by filling in the gaps with odd bits of culture..
.. Finally started thinking of the city in quadrants.. so most if not all AW's should be together, just like most if not all high polishable culture and the builder should be close to the Main Hall..
There is actually a huge variation in size/ shape .. think Golden Abyss versus Maze of the Dark Matter..
And there is choice.. not many of us place all AW's and the choice is a way of saying something about who you are..
so, yeah, there are ways of putting them together size wise, or all down along the outer edge.. but I think the park/ quadrant idea works best in the end.. (though I have one city where they're all along the outer edge - but I'm hoping to change that!).

It's not like "hunt the builder".. if someone is donating to one or other of your AW's not only do they know what they're doing, they know why - so spending a few seconds finding it is not going to be any kind of hassle... most players will even see the distinction between human/ elf.. by the time they're donating to AW's. So there's no advantage in being nice and grouping your most favourite together..

I would just suggest that taller buildings, ones with spires or towers are up against roads.. or they will obscure the smaller buildings behind.

DeletedUser3543

I place my AWs around the MH. When you enter someone's city the camera focuses on the MH, so I thought I'd put my AWs around my own MH to make it easier for people who donate KP to find them easily instead of wandering all around the city borders. I still follow the general rule of placing them according to their size. :)