• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Ancient Wonder chests raids

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3109

Oh this is coming up again... it's been a little while.

To add my voice to what @pompeywolf and @Killiak have both said, your fellowship should, by now, have set up an effective KP swapping system... especially if this sort of thing still bothers you. If you do this no one can "raid" your bonus KPs because you will already have locked them in to your fellowship with the donors having donated much more than the rewards are worth.

Just for information, I don't get involved in any systematic targeting of other people's Wonders. This is mostly because I don't want to be antagonistic. However... and it's a big however... part of this game is about being able to freely donate to any Ancient Wonders that a player wants to. The recipient should see it as a bonus and be thankful. After all, these teams will only get involved where an AW has not had its rewards spoken for - they are helping you.
Can you point out anywhere in the game rules that says AW hunting is not allowed ?
Sorry but you opened yourself up for that one.
As has been said a number of times already, if chests are being got by non FS members it is a FS problem not a problem with the game.
You are not getting my point Timneh, it shouldn't have to be a fellowship problem, and I have never stated that it is a problem with the game. I have placed those AWs in my city for my own benefit so it should be up to me who receives rewards from them. It all comes done to a matter of ethics, these raiders are not my fellowship members, they are not my neighbours and fellows traders. I therefore take exception to someone invading my property without my consent.

Paladestar

Enchanter
You are not getting my point Timneh, it shouldn't have to be a fellowship problem, and I have never stated that it is a problem with the game. I have placed those AWs in my city for my own benefit so it should be up to me who receives rewards from them. It all comes done to a matter of ethics, these raiders are not my fellowship members, they are not my neighbours and fellows traders. I therefore take exception to someone invading my property without my consent.
"My front door has a lock, but I find it inconvenient to lock my door, so I don't use it. I'm fed up of people letting themselves into my house and stealing my stuff, when will the police do something about this!?" It shouldn't have to be my problem, why do I pay my taxes!?"

Pauly7

Magus
It all comes done to a matter of ethics, these raiders are not my fellowship members, they are not my neighbours and fellows traders. I therefore take exception to someone invading my property without my consent.
I'm going to quote @MinMax Gamer's post for your benefit.
I'd love to live in a real world where gangs would raid you non-stop, and compete with other gangs to... give you valuable stuff for free? Oh noes, can't have that, this has to be stopped! /s

Meanwhile, I'm done with even opening these two threads now.

DeletedUser

...I struggle to grasp the reason for the heat of the debate...the AWkp I get from donating -be it my fs or neighbours- is proportional to what I invested. If I drop less than 10 kp in a full-to-bursting AW, I will end up with a brown chest =1 Ancient Wonder kp, if I put in more than that, I might get a green chest. And if there's space for more, I might get a blue chest. I'm not stealing anything. I often drop kp in a player's Ancient Wonder as a 'thank you' gift...being able to donate kp to whomever I want is a freedom I wouldn't want to lose.

DeletedUser3109

"My front door has a lock, but I find it inconvenient to lock my door, so I don't use it. I'm fed up of people letting themselves into my house and stealing my stuff, when will the police do something about this!?" It shouldn't have to be my problem, why do I pay my taxes!?"
Ha ha ha, sarcasm does not become you Paladestar!

Paladestar

Enchanter
Ha ha ha, sarcasm does not become you Paladestar!
That wasn't sarcasm. That was taking what you were saying and translating it to a real-world situation to try and help you see how ridiculous your position is! If you choose not to avail yourself of the myriad options available to fix this 'problem' yourself, then you are responsible for the consequences and just need to deal with it. Stop complaining and just lock your door.

DeletedUser3109

...I struggle to grasp the reason for the heat of the debate...the AWkp I get from donating -be it my fs or neighbours- is proportional to what I invested. If I drop less than 10 kp in a full-to-bursting AW, I will end up with a brown chest =1 Ancient Wonder kp, if I put in more than that, I might get a green chest. And if there's space for more, I might get a blue chest. I'm not stealing anything. I often drop kp in a player's Ancient Wonder as a 'thank you' gift...being able to donate kp to whomever I want is a freedom I wouldn't want to lose.
We are not talking about fellowship members or neighbours dropping a few kp as a thank you, I have no problem with that at all. These are incidents where a fellowship actively searchs for random AWs to raid. The information is passed around to the fellowship members who are encouraged to go for chests in those particular AWs.

DeletedUser3109

That wasn't sarcasm. That was taking what you were saying and translating it to a real-world situation to try and help you see how ridiculous your position is! If you choose not to avail yourself of the myriad options available to fix this 'problem' yourself, then you are responsible for the consequences and just need to deal with it. Stop complaining and just lock your door.
No use trying to raid my AWs Paladestar, you'll be waiting a long time to get any goodies from me. Try getting your rewards the normal way, not by stealth. :)

Timneh

Artisan
The facts are that the raiders as you call them are not doing anything wrong, they are actually helping you level up your AWs. You might not like the way they do it but that is not the fault of the people donating the KP, it is the fault of your FS members not donating enough KP to stop the raiders. If you have people donating 1, 2 or 3 KP to your AWs to get chests then just ask in FS chat for help to push those players out of the rewards places.
I don't think the devs will ever do anything about it because the players are acting in a way that the devs designed the game to be played. In short i believe that the only way you will stop the raiders is to make it unprofitable for them.

DeletedUser4149

buzzkill. people wanna take the fun and competitive aspect outta everything.
try improving teamwork and communication in your fellowship.

DeletedUser3109

I'm going to quote @MinMax Gamer's post for your benefit.

Meanwhile, I'm done with even opening these two threads now.
Sorry Pauly, I think the problem here is that you, MinMax and I are generations apart. We obviously see things from a very different perspective. The game has certainly changed since I started playing 4 years ago and I'm not sure I like the direction it's taking. It used to be a happy place to visit, log on, build your city, have the occasional chat and participate in tournament and FA to help out your fellowship. now you have to constantly watch your back. So sad, even this thread seems to have turned into a battle ground. Have a good day.

DeletedUser9591

I made a suggestion as well in another thread... If you are putting forward suggestion to lock the AWs within FS, then please make an alternative proposal - allow to block any donations at all. If I would end up in the FS, where higher up players will demand to lock my AWs for the FS and will take all top chests, then I would like to have an option to lock my AWs completely.

Although my solution sounds ridiculous to me, but it is closely aligned with the suggestion already made.

I am strongly against another option allowing FS to control players. In the end of the day, it must be up to individual player how to build their AW and how to distribute the chests. Current system allows to control this process very well. btw raids were happening long before the recent changes to AW donation system were introduced and app players were benefiting the most - no need to complain now :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Paladestar

Enchanter
No use trying to raid my AWs Paladestar, you'll be waiting a long time to get any goodies from me. Try getting your rewards the normal way, not by stealth. :)
How then would you suggest that I fulfill my ambition to eventually get every AW to its maximum level? It's hunting or being a cheat and creating multiple alternate cities on the same realm to push KP to my main city (against the rules, but so many top ranked players do it and never get banned, but I won't do it), or getting a mortgage to buy enough diamonds. When you get to the end game, leveling your AWs is about the only thing left to do between new chapter releases, aside from the increasingly unrewarding events.

You just do not get enough KP from 'normal play' (yes, even getting ~450 to ~750 KP a week from tournaments, depending on how many rounds I plan to play) to make much of a dent in leveling many AWs.

DeletedUser8454

"You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth Cityscape".

The new updates to viewing AW's has certainly made it a crowded workplace for hunters. Due to the ease of being able to identify profits. I hate it when people don't visit my AW's :p
Many hunters are actually losing out, as well as FS members. In the current climate, the hunter has become the hunted. This is the real problem for the FS's that like to keep profits "in house".

By not filling your teams KP chests up early enough yourself, many players will put for example, 40KP as top donater, with a return of 45KP if they stay there. Now that people can search a player with one press of a button, in my fictional example here, let's say there are 45kp left to fill this AW up, it allows players like Cityscape, to donate 43kp to effectively steal the 45kp chest off your team mate, whilst still leaving you to finish your own donations off. A bit like a burglar using your toilet after loading your tv onto the van.

The counter argument is that every player who desires to advance their Ancient Wonder levels, knows the pain of being frozen stuck at one of the runes required stages. The only true way to obtain runes in this game, is to "win" AW chests. I'm not saying this is the motivation behind hunting, but it certainly doesn't help repel it.

Is it selfish of a hunter to swoop and steal from a FS that have donated 90% of the KP donations in a players AW? Or is it selfish that the FS players are not donating enough in house in the first place? Both paths lead towards greed.

If the FS that are unhappy with hunting ethics cannot protect themselves in-house, have you tried writing to the hunters/randoms who gift the KP's, to ask them to refrain in future?

There's a lot of good folks I've encountered in this game, that if they were aware hunting your AW upset you and if only they were aware of their actions, they'd cease to donate moving forwards.
Only the most unscrupulous of players would ignore your wishes.

DeletedUser9591

How then would you suggest that I fulfill my ambition to eventually get every AW to its maximum level? It's hunting or being a cheat and creating multiple alternate cities on the same realm to push KP to my main city (against the rules, but so many top ranked players do it and never get banned, but I won't do it), or getting a mortgage to buy enough diamonds.

I believe many players have similar ambition :) Inno could help out with that by allowing to convert unused broken rune shards or excess runes into KPs for AW. It would make this game significantly more interesting. Until then.. the best way forward is to get the mortgage :D Apologies, but it is really funny now :)

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
There are two groups of people involved in the AW donations, the AW owners and the investors.
The owners are interested in getting KPs from others, while the investors are interested in getting some revenue for their investment. Both groups mutually benefit from one another.
The owner who excludes some of their potential investors is clearly at a loss since every donation helps.

It is very easy to keep "hunters" and "fishers" from getting rewards. If a fellowship doesn't succeed in doing so, it isn't a priority for them - which is fine too.

QFol2

Conjurer
We are not talking about fellowship members or neighbours dropping a few kp as a thank you, I have no problem with that at all. These are incidents where a fellowship actively searchs for random AWs to raid. The information is passed around to the fellowship members who are encouraged to go for chests in those particular AWs.
I love it when that happens! I even dropped the AM of the fellowship concerned a thank you note as I wasn't in a particularly effective fs at the time, so the 'raiders' really helped me out and saved me a lot of kp. Of course, they don't stand a chance in most of my cities as we have active kp swaps or a wonder society.

DeletedUser3109

How then would you suggest that I fulfill my ambition to eventually get every AW to its maximum level? It's hunting or being a cheat and creating multiple alternate cities on the same realm to push KP to my main city (against the rules, but so many top ranked players do it and never get banned, but I won't do it), or getting a mortgage to buy enough diamonds. When you get to the end game, levelling your AWs is about the only thing left to do between new chapter releases, aside from the increasingly unrewarding events.

You just do not get enough KP from 'normal play' (yes, even getting ~450 to ~750 KP a week from tournaments, depending on how many rounds I plan to play) to make much of a dent in levelling many AWs.
Well I notice that you have an amazing Wishing Well farm going on in your city at the moment, so I'm sure you are not short of diamonds. In regard to kps,
the Spire, Tournaments, FA and most Events as well as some buildings (ie: Genie from the Spire) are some of the ways to aquire extra. As you have stated yourself, the kp that can be accrued while waiting for a new chapter to be released must go a long way to helping upgrade your AWs.
Look, we could go on forever arguing the point over this subject, all I'm asking is that you and your fellowship members stay away from my fellowships' AWs'
I am sure there are quite a few players out there who would welcome your raids, just look at other comments on this thread. Cheers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.