• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

AM's Management Tools

WinterLivia7

Spellcaster
Hi there,

as an AM and I am stunned by the total lack of management tools we have in this game. I play other games where I have a similar position as an Archmage and I have several tools at hand. Here I have nothing. I am lucky to have good Mages who are keeping SS with activities and so on, also there is Elvenstats, but it's not normal to have to use an outside source to keep track of your fellows and their activity. I never know who played in the last 24 or 48h, if are playing regularly or just once in a while, in tournaments I always have to check a list to see who is missing, in FA a Mage must keep up a SS to see who donated and who didn't and examples can go on and on. My role as AM is reduced to the one who accept new players or kick out the inactive ones (ofc, after checking in Elvenstats and my Mage's spreadsheet with visits and activity).

Can we have some Management Tools please? Even if are minimal are better than nothing (as it is at this moment).

I invite AMs and anyone who has ideas what "tools" would be really helpful to let a comment.

Last edited:
I couldn't agree more. Its not easy to see who is on line, who has partaken in the Tournie and Spire, last time someone was on, who has traded within the guild. All should be possible and available to the Arch Mages to make their life easier, and continue their enjoyment of the game.

Pauly7

Magus
+1 from me. It's always very lacking and we rely on outside sources, such as Elvenstats, too much. It would be amazing just to have an activity log that shows when someone hasn't been logging in, rather than needing to keep track of NH visits or ranking point increases.

In a related matter I would still very much like to have access to the team's Spire results after the spire week finishes (much the same as with tournaments). I've brought this up before, but never had a response on it. In my case I try to reward people on progress in spire and tournaments and right now it relies on me remembering to check the Spire 5 minutes before it finishes so that I know people's scores.

It would also be nice if there were some facility for AMs to distribute rewards, aside from the standard AW KP instant donating, or manipulating of the trader. I would quite like there to be a pool of any (or all) of KP, goods, mana, seeds, etc, that accumulates based on a fellowships performance. It would then be there for Archmages to distribute to team members as they decide.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Some kind of flag, indicating prolonged inactivity (like 1, 2 or 4 weeks) would help me much. I would like to have this at least in the player ranking list and the world map.

This would be a great help with recruiting, finding active neighbors, and reveiling semi-inactive push accounts.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@WinterLivia7 I had a similar idea earlier this week with regards to a bit of a shake up with Fellowships. And whilst an excellent idea (as is this) we had/have to consider the magnitude of the work involved before passing the ideas across. This is not to suggest our Team will only deal with "Quick Wins" but you can appreciate as an evolving game, they generally have an idea of what they're going to work on next, and I don't want to be met with a "No" when I understand this would be of benefit to many. I'm beginning to note the need from players to update/upgrade the FS in order to make it more suitable. With that in mind, i'm going to approach the team with the feedback you've all given to see if they would consider starting to look at this overall.

In the meantime I imagine you'll receive quite a few comments and +1's :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

WinterLivia7

Spellcaster
/who works for both app and browzer now, so if one really wants to check at any particular moment, you can.
Nobody is online 24/7, therefore you can't possibly know who was online during the 24h span. In my FS we are from USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, NZ. I can hardly know who was online using /who at some point when I'm online.

WinterLivia7

Spellcaster
@Herodite
I am sure that such features aren't easy-peasy to implement but it's something that should exist in a game where fellowships are the core of the relations between players. More and more features are based on existence of the FS: tournament, Spire, FA, events. I don't even dare to dream to have complex statistics as management tools, I just want to have the basics (like ALL other games involving fellowships/ guilds have).
I am aware that it's a hard work to do but once done will need just small tweaks or little additions (over time) to have really functional fellowships without having to use outside sources. I don't even want to think what would mean to lose Elvenstats :eek:. We would be legally blind regarding the activity.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Hi there,

as an AM and I am stunned by the total lack of management tools we have in this game. I play other games where I have a similar position as an Archmage and I have several tools at hand. Here I have nothing. I am lucky to have good Mages who are keeping SS with activities and so on, also there is Elvenstats, but it's not normal to have to use an outside source to keep track of your fellows and their activity. I never know who played in the last 24 or 48h, if are playing regularly or just once in a while, in tournaments I always have to check a list to see who is missing, in FA a Mage must keep up a SS to see who donated and who didn't and examples can go on and on. My role as AM is reduced to the one who accept new players or kick out the inactive ones (ofc, after checking in Elvenstats and my Mage's spreadsheet with visits and activity).

Can we have some Management Tools please? Even if are minimal are better than nothing (as it is at this moment).

I invite AMs and anyone who has ideas what "tools" would be really helpful to let a comment.

Logs about when a player logged in the last time, and how many times they log in?
To me that sounds a lot like a privacy issue.

for the who are missing in tournament, spire, FA would be welcome additions.
But my internet activity pattern is none of your concern if you ask me, and as sais I am not sure the german law would even allow that.

Logs about when a player logged in the last time, and how many times they log in?

But my internet activity pattern is none of your concern if you ask me, and as sais I am not sure the german law would even allow that.
You could call it a privacy issue, but at the same time it is a pastoral care issue. How many times have I read of gamers being saved by other gamers from across the world who were on line at the same time. Its not all about kicking inactives, but making sure members of your fellowship are okay.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
As CrazyWizard has alredy said, International Privacy Law exists for a very good reason. It is exactly the reason why you are unable to see who is online and once an Ancient Wonder is upgraded, the Spire of Eternity etc: ends why the information is then removed.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@CrazyWizard There are absolutely privacy concerns and laws that would need to be addressed with any form of changes that involve players directly! But this is exactly what I mean when I say some ideas (though awesome) sometimes become too great to consider. Even a small change in a game such as this can create a knock on effect to so many other things.

I will always forward an Idea to our Team.... but I can never guarantee its implementation. I think if I can merely highlight to the team that players are asking for some elements of the Fellowships to be reviewed.... for now I think that would give them something to think about :)

WinterLivia7

Spellcaster

I never said anything on how many times someone logged in the game. I couldn't care less about your internet activity pattern and of any other player to be honest. If it's about privacy, the function /who shouldn't exist either.
How come in other games there are no privacy issues when someone wants to see (even normal players, not just those like AM and M) the last log in of your fellows? And I specified that is for your FS's members not for any other players.

WinterLivia7

Spellcaster
As CrazyWizard has alredy said, International Privacy Law exists for a very good reason. It is exactly the reason why you are unable to see who is online and once an Ancient Wonder is upgraded, the Spire of Eternity etc: ends why the information is then removed.
First, I apologize for posting multiple comments, I just can't figure out how to quote different messages from different participants in a single post.

I think the privacy issue it's pushed a bit overboard - I can see who donated KPs to a wonder but later I'm not allowed, I can see who participated in Spire but later I'm not allowed and yet I can see who participated in tournament and I can see also after the end of tournament the score of everyone (of my mates and also on the server). Isn't this a double standard?

I just asked for simple things, like if my fellows logged in in the last 24h (LAST LOG IN actually) and not how many times, like in Tournaments to see the missing fellows (like we see the available chests in wonders), same for Spire. This has nothing to do with Privacy because I can find eventually who is missing, it just requires extra work for mages.

Silmaril's post
I would guess that those games are not created in Germany @WinterLivia7 as the PII laws there make GDPR look very tame. [quote/]

yeah ... as I said, I don't know how to post multiple quotes :D :D :D

I just checked, are not "made on a boat" games, all are based in USA. Does USA have a laxed GDPR policy compared with Germany? I don't know this. I assumed the policy is the same everywhere.

Last edited: