• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Allow Magic Academy to be deleted

DeletedUser1224

Hi,

I built the academy to test it out so I could do a write up for my fellowship. I found that there was absolutely no benefit to the building at all.

This building should be deletable - we should be able to sell it - especially as space is very scarce for larger cities and it's been introduced so much later into the game.

Please would you change the coding so that we can sell off the Magic Academy,

Thanks

Wolf

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1453

This is unfair on players of all levels, one of our team now has this building with no use for it. Being a young player he thought it was essential to his game. Where you have put it on the research ladder is also misleading and unfair. I'm only glad I passed that level before it was made mandatory like other steps in the progression. Please Elvenar, this is a great game, I am constantly telling my friends and introducing new players to this game. Don't mess it up now.

+1

DeletedUser1539

So if there's no benefit in building this Magic Academy then I will not continue to complete it in the chapter :D. I rather continue completing the important things in the chapters. Thanks for this info and hope Elvenar Team will do something about this.

DeletedUser

Why the devs feel the need to force us to build certain buildings, but more importantly, not allow us to delete them afterwards should we choose to is beyond me. Hopefully they don't get the brilliant idea of making the construction of the academy part of the mandatory questline.

I'm still stuck on the mandatory chapter 1 quest "build a barracks" and I'm half-way through chapter 5 right now. All due to the same reason: I have no use for the building and I wouldn't be able to delete it if I were to build it... :rolleyes:

So +1

The only three buildings I can see as mandatory are the main hall, trader and builder's hut. Mind you, I don't quite agree with the trader requiring population though if it's mandatory to build it. Just my off-topic opinion... :p

DeletedUser248

+1 from me.

I am also of the opinion that the only buildings that you should not be allowed to remove are the main hall and builders hut. I don't quite understand why the MA won't let you remove it. It has all sorts of magic to it, surely it can relocate itself back into the tech tree. :p

Edited: Amy Steele - 2016-05-05 - added spoiler

DeletedUser1224

I thought I'd finish the write up on the Magic Academy now that the spell for culture (that people denied the existence of) is live.

2 relics and 16 hours later - you will get a culture boost of 140 for 2 days on 1 item only - this one was for the Elder Dragon Oracle which is worth 2800 culture points.

Absolute pants.

3 for 3 - the spells waste relics and aren't worth the effort. Make the Magic Academy sellable!

DeletedUser1103

I have been playing this game for many months without the need for an academy. I did build one as it was new, but looking at the spells they are so small in benefits, I no longer want it. It is a waste of space. So I tried to delete it ... but I can't. They have decided that the magic academy is a essential building and they won't allow it to be deleted!

How is it an essential building? I have managed to get within 4 blocks of completing the tech tree without it! I do not want it, I would rather the space used for something else. Why am I not given the choice.

Does anyone else not want the academy and would rather the space used for something else?

DeletedUser219

I thought I'd finish the write up on the Magic Academy now that the spell for culture (that people denied the existence of) is live.

2 relics and 16 hours later - you will get a culture boost of 140 for 2 days on 1 item only - this one was for the Elder Dragon Oracle which is worth 2800 culture points.
The culture spell affects your TOTAL culture, not just the one building, according to the explanation I got in the error thread I created.

DeletedUser1224

I have been playing this game for many months without the need for an academy. I did build one as it was new, but looking at the spells they are so small in benefits, I no longer want it. It is a waste of space. So I tried to delete it ... but I can't. They have decided that the magic academy is a essential building and they won't allow it to be deleted!

How is it an essential building? I have managed to get within 4 blocks of completing the tech tree without it! I do not want it, I would rather the space used for something else. Why am I not given the choice.

Does anyone else not want the academy and would rather the space used for something else?

There seem to be a few of us that don't want it.

I'm not impressed with this game lately. Stupid buildings, continual problems with notifications, continually corrupted updates and a lack of thorough beta testing. I'm not impressed at all as a paying player.

DeletedUser

They have decided that the magic academy is a essential building and they won't allow it to be deleted!

Fully agree, but as I've proclaimed elsewhere sagely ( ;) ) I harbour the suspicion that the game will be changed in such a way as to make it necessary. The fact that the upgrades to the building require diamonds makes me lean even further towards that assumption.

DeletedUser330

I concur.

Magic Academy NEEDS to have a deletion function.
Now that Fairies are coming, I'll need space and the MA is totally useless.

Along with a few culture buildings, I might end up having to bin the Monastery... and sadly, it means my Fellowship have wasted their KP on it. This is such a bad design to have the Academy as a fixed building.
It's pointless for a player in my position. I have over 100k of my goods, maxed out constantly on gold and supplies and my culture bonuses aren't exactly needed.

My Fellowship has a huge number of players who aren't going to build it because they can't delete it afterward and it's a pointless building to them as well.

Please Inno... allow us to bin the academy.

DeletedUser820

Magic academy is one of the most useless buildings in this game, and we are not able to delete it. It takes a lot of space and needs Diamond to upgrade. I feel like cheated.
Anticipating for updates? Do you wonder what is coming next? Can you think of "The most gross idiotic, useless building"? If yes, please tell devs, so they can develop it even further :D

DeletedUser1614

Im in for made this academy sellable because for me it takes space 5x5 and gives me 750 more goods / 3 h when for that space I can build another goods manufactory and I will get 500 goods / 3 h for space 4x5 (5 spaces saved) so for extra 200 goods Im not happy to keep that academy in my city. extra culture and goods production for me is no needed as i get that from my workshops and its enought for me at dwarves stage

And production of 1 spell on lvl 2 is 1 day 2 h no worthless to keep this, loose space + time for waiting for speels and using them

DeletedUser1273

Hey,

It probably already been brought up, but i just build the magic academy and realized it is wase of space escpecially when it is about ranking points :) . However i can't delete it :(, will they change this. As i really could use space for something more usefull :D

DeletedUser

However i can't delete it
It gets worse. In the current Beat release the Magic Academy is a mandatory technology.

We're just seeing the foundation, and it takes a bit of imagination to visualize the entire house.