• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City Allow Magic Academy to be deleted

DeletedUser

how is it totally useless? and how does it waste relics? what else are relics used for other than creating spells lol

I'm making spells with it all the time. The boost I get to supplies/goods on them is pretty decent. Haven't got far enough for the culture spell yet. Although I don't know if its actually more beneficial to fill those squares with more workshops for example. can anyone actually confirm if workshops to full up 4x5 would be better than the spells?
You'll reach the point where you don't have room for more workshops and then the MA really comes into its own by the time you reach woodelves the workshops are 4x5. Plus the MA is for more than just the supplies spells, I make 2 or 3 Inspiring Meditation a week, plus alternating between Ensorcelled Endowment for the culture buildings to push up the amount of gold/supplies I receive from residences and workshops but also any AW that also give those 2, and Power of Provision to get the maximum I can from the workshops.

A level 23 workshop gives 2160 supplies per hour however with my culture bonus of 45% which includes 25% from the Ensorcelled Endowment spells on 5 culture buildings I'm getting a total of 3132 per hour. For me the benefit of the spells far outweighs the size of the building.

DeletedUser2886

You'll reach the point where you don't have room for more workshops and then the MA really comes into its own by the time you reach woodelves the workshops are 4x5. Plus the MA is for more than just the supplies spells, I make 2 or 3 Inspiring Meditation a week, plus alternating between Ensorcelled Endowment for the culture buildings to push up the amount of gold/supplies I receive from residences and workshops but also any AW that also give those 2, and Power of Provision to get the maximum I can from the workshops.

A level 23 workshop gives 2160 supplies per hour however with my culture bonus of 45% which includes 25% from the Ensorcelled Endowment spells on 5 culture buildings I'm getting a total of 3132 per hour. For me the benefit of the spells far outweighs the size of the building.

yeah this is what I thought but an overwhelming amount of people on here are saying the building is " totally useless" and they want to delete it :(

DeletedUser

I think its a shame that its so big, because it comes very early in the game and is the size of a whole expansion, most people are tight on space a lot of the time and to lose an expansion straight away hurts a bit.

I was one of those people who didn't see the point of it so didn't building it when it first came out, but I realised that I was full of relics that I wasn't using so I bit the bullet and built it and then had to trail through the main questline to fill in the missing quests and that meant rebuilding the fairy portal, day and night farms, upgrading them to level 4, even though I was in orcs, but I'm glad I did. Its gone straight into my other 2 cities as soon as it became available and this event has kept my supply of relics full, can't see myself running out any time soon.

DeletedUser2886

I think its a shame that its so big, because it comes very early in the game and is the size of a whole expansion, most people are tight on space a lot of the time and to lose an expansion straight away hurts a bit.

I was one of those people who didn't see the point of it so didn't building it when it first came out, but I realised that I was full of relics that I wasn't using so I bit the bullet and built it and then had to trail through the main questline to fill in the missing quests and that meant rebuilding the fairy portal, day and night farms, upgrading them to level 4, even though I was in orcs, but I'm glad I did. Its gone straight into my other 2 cities as soon as it became available and this event has kept my supply of relics full, can't see myself running out any time soon.
I mean I have heard some say its a waste of relics....but what else are relics used for other than in the creation of spells at the magic academy?

DeletedUser

I mean I have heard some say its a waste of relics....but what else are relics used for other than in the creation of spells at the magic academy?
To build and upgrade AWs and as it takes forever to gather the kp then that isn't an issue, although I know there was confusion at the beginning as people thought they'd have to use the relics from their boosted goods in the MA

DeletedUser2886

To build and upgrade AWs and as it takes forever to gather the kp then that isn't an issue, although I know there was confusion at the beginning as people thought they'd have to use the relics from their boosted goods in the MA
aw?

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
AW = Ancient Wonders ;)

DeletedUser

Yes, if you hover your mouse over the Rune Shard Overview it will show you how many rune shards you currently have (which have not been used) for each AW you have unlocked on the tree, or you can click on it to see any you still have to build/upgrade and to use any shards you may have collected.

(Off Topic)
Tip: If there are any AW that you have identified as not worth building in your city and the rune shards are all in place, build it and then immediately sell it, this way you can use any shards you may have and use the broken shards in another AW you do want to build.

DeletedUser2886

Yes, if you hover your mouse over the Rune Shard Overview it will show you how many rune shards you currently have (which have not been used) for each AW you have unlocked on the tree, or you can click on it to see any you still have to build/upgrade and to use any shards you may have collected.

(Off Topic)
Tip: If there are any AW that you have identified as not worth building in your city and the rune shards are all in place, build it and then immediately sell it, this way you can use any shards you may have and use the broken shards in another AW you do want to build.

Well at the moment x2 KP sounds good. The supplies per scout is kinda meh though. Scouting is expensive and the amount you get per scout is tiny

DeletedUser487

Surely if you should be able to sell any building, it should be the barracks? The game is supposed to be able to be played two ways, negotiating and fighting, but the barracks remains mandatory. No issue with the magic academy to be honest.

DeletedUser2140

Surely if you should be able to sell any building, it should be the barracks? The game is supposed to be able to be played two ways, negotiating and fighting, but the barracks remains mandatory. No issue with the magic academy to be honest.
i haven't ever used it for anything else than for that missions(haven't even used produced spell). When i build it i thought i can remove it. game doesn't warn you by anyway, if i would have know i cannot remove it i wouldn't ever build it.
Barracks supports no fight play style as you can autobattle.

DeletedUser487

Barracks supports no fight play style as you can autobattle.

While that is true, I was thinking more of the space, pop and culture it uses. I would rather use that for something else to be honest as I don't fight.