• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Allow mages to highlight target waypoints in FA

DeletedUser5093

As we probably all know by now, communication is a major issue in the Adventures. Mobile players can't read mail, chat messages get buried, not everyone checks messages frequently, or they misunderstand them, or they don't speak great English, or they can't access external spreadsheets, etc, etc, etc. The result is people often add badges to the wrong waypoints, which wastes them, or means it takes longer to open target waypoints.

My suggestion is to give mages and archmages the ability to highlight (and un-highlight) waypoints so they can give all fellows an easy and intuitive visual guide of what the intended strategy is. This will not prevent players from accessing non-target waypoints (there are plenty of good reasons to add badges to non-target waypoints, such as to guarantee you get a prize, or mages may use this system to show which waypoints are a priority, etc). All this will do is improve communication.

It could look a little like the below image. The default behaviour would be the current system (all locked waypoints not highlighted, all open waypoints highlighted), with the option that someone could instead map out a path in advance, and these chosen waypoints would all show up as highlighted (even while locked) with everything else not highlighted, so everyone can easily see which are the current and future targets.

FA-suggestion-v2.jpg

Pauly7

Magus
I like the idea, but I don't think Inno will go for it because they want to encourage everyone to strategise and communicate and make their own plans without their intervention. I think it's sort of in the same ballpark as the request for lists that show all fellows what badges everyone else has.

Julian

Sorcerer
I know it probably won't happen. But there may even be an argument for mages to lock some routes. Currently, some players can slot in an easy badge to the side and gain rewards to no benefit to the overall task.

DeletedUser5976

I don't like forcing members to contribute. We have rules of course, but there can be several reasons why a member can't do much during an FA, they can be on a holiday and able to log rarely or they can be in the middle of a guest race with no space. I rather that they get the rewards and improve their game with that than deny them rewards in this way. During another FA I'm sure they will do better. Anyone who is there to just benefit and never contributes will be removed from the FS as that is not what being part of a team means in our FS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Julian

Sorcerer
I certainly wouldn't want to force people to play. Just would like some way of stopping people gaining the rewards for minimal contribution.

On another front, we get this issue with the tournament. One person currently has a score of 5. Am debating setting a minimum contribution. We're not a strong enough fellowship to kick anyone out, but might demote such players to fellow.

DeletedUser5976

Am debating setting a minimum contribution

That could help people know what is expected of them. Without clearly communicating the expectations, they can assume that whatever they do is ok.