• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Air Traders Voyage Event

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves

Please use this thread to discuss the Air Traders Voyage!

We're looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

Pauly7

Magus
The whole air-traders thing is a nice idea with some great new visuals. It will also be nice for many people to get a building set rather than another evolving building.

The negative is that the set has woefully poor stats. I said it on the beta thread, but I don't believe it is worth it for anyone to build the buildings that give out supplies and coins, unless they just like the look of the whole thing of course. Building the other three buildings will give maximum goods bonuses in a 5x4 footprint, but there still is only a need for those people needing to save the population and culture of building a (more efficient) manufactory.

The daily prizes are equally underwhelming, but I do appreciate that we have been given a second option for a building that produces orcs (the Orc Ship).

Jackluyt

Shaman
Air Trader's Event runs from 15 June - 6 July!

Our EPL Event Note with full details. which you are welcome to share with friends and fellowships:
https://tinyurl.com/y9cfxj9x

100508794_10216844604448039_1827462916060741632_n.jpg

Official video:

Wiki Entry: https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Air_Traders'_Voyage

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is a free-to join Facebook group of Elvenar lovers,
with tons of files and videos and all the latest news and discussion.
You are welcome to share the link to our event note with friends and fellowship -
and we would love to have them in the group too!

DeletedUser7526

Air Trader's Event runs from 15 June - 6 July!

Our EPL Event Note with full details. which you are welcome to share with friends and fellowships:
https://tinyurl.com/y9cfxj9x

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is a free-to join Facebook group of Elvenar lovers,
with tons of files and videos and all the latest news and discussion.
You are welcome to share the link to our event note with friends and fellowship -
and we would love to have them in the group too!

Thanks jack. Now your Facebook page is the most up to date compilation of information now that the elvengems has started slacking.

DeletedUser7526

And they nerfed the 30kp daily to 20kp.
Not sure how a 10kp can hurt the company (or a 10kp nerf benefits the company)

DeletedUser7526

And very mediocre chest options. Last thing to nerf would be kp and kp instants. I would understand per tile buildings nerfed, so the company can profit from diamond buildings.

But why kp :| unless they design an event with vengeance :)

The 39 chest has 40% chance of 1kp !

Gargon667

Mentor
The whole air-traders thing is a nice idea with some great new visuals. It will also be nice for many people to get a building set rather than another evolving building.

The negative is that the set has woefully poor stats. I said it on the beta thread, but I don't believe it is worth it for anyone to build the buildings that give out supplies and coins, unless they just like the look of the whole thing of course. Building the other three buildings will give maximum goods bonuses in a 5x4 footprint, but there still is only a need for those people needing to save the population and culture of building a (more efficient) manufactory.

The daily prizes are equally underwhelming, but I do appreciate that we have been given a second option for a building that produces orcs (the Orc Ship).

I agree with all you say except that the partial set actually is much more efficient than the factories. Of course this depends on various factors, but if you include the population(and culture) that the factory needs in the factories footprint, you will get much more production/square out of the partial set.

The supplies building is in /square production about as good as the Jetsers Set Supplies building from a year ago. Sounds good to you? Well I have advanced about 8 or 9 chapters since then lol. So yes the old chapter 7 or 8 Banquet Hall is nearly as good as the chapter 16 Trader building... It is quite sad...
And the gold building? Well really? The Supplies one was a sad excuse of a building but this is an order of magnitude worse... Does Inno think they handed out too many expansions? So now they hand out buildings to occupy space without any use whatsoever?

Gargon667

Mentor
This event is not the worst event in history! And thus it has broken the trend of getting worse and worse! I guess I am thankful for that.

It has no shuffleboard, YAY!

Other than that there seems to be not much difference to the previous event: more quest, (but single task) instead of fewer double task. Whatever.

this time we need a few (but really few) lvl 1 buildings again, something like 15 WS and 15 Factories. Kinda boring and annoying (it makes ignoring the event completely, but still finishing harder lol), but no big deal.

Daily prizes: Same old (well that bad version of it: no time boosts, no Wishing Wells, only some cannon fodder troops and a 20 KP instant (seriously would a 30 KP have been to insanely powerful?)), except for a new Orc building, guess that´ll be my day, make an Orc farm some time :D That´s the only fun thing I can come up with anyway.

Grand Prize: You only need 3 set buildings for max T2 production, the other 2 are junk and produce nothing at all. Nice with a set for a change, and completely fail proof (as long as you finish the quest line to the 4th Waypoint). You get 2 useful buildings from the questline, the 3rd part is the first Grand Prize, which you are guaranteed to get as well if you manage the quest for the other 2 parts. The second grand prize is the 20 KP instant (also still guaranteed). The rest of the grand prizes is utter junk 14 more of them (containing 1 carting library and 2 supply instants)! So best completely ignore them, you´ll get some of them automatically, but nothing worth clicking on. So well one can simply focus on the dailies, get some resource one is short of if necessary (Seeds, Mana, Orcs, Population (although rather poor pop)) and otherwise some troop instants or the 20 KP instants (they really do what they can to make it feel cheap) and be done with it.

Pauly7

Magus
I agree with all you say except that the partial set actually is much more efficient than the factories. Of course this depends on various factors, but if you include the population(and culture) that the factory needs in the factories footprint, you will get much more production/square out of the partial set.
The saving on population and culture certainly is a factor not to be ignored. For those people running the most efficient city possible I can see how it would probably tip the balance to build this whilst also saving on workshop space, etc, then having more population to upgrade other buildings.

For me, I don't run at this type of efficiency. I have quite a lot of excess population. I also have a crystal manufactory down on level 21. This gives almost as many goods as the Air Trader's set. If I need the extra pop I may think about switching them out. Most people wouldn't keep such a low level building in their city just for the looks though. :)

Gargon667

Mentor
The saving on population and culture certainly is a factor not to be ignored. For those people running the most efficient city possible I can see how it would probably tip the balance to build this whilst also saving on workshop space, etc, then having more population to upgrade other buildings.

For me, I don't run at this type of efficiency. I have quite a lot of excess population. I also have a crystal manufactory down on level 21. This gives almost as many goods as the Air Trader's set. If I need the extra pop I may think about switching them out. Most people wouldn't keep such a low level building in their city just for the looks though. :)

ah there is was sorry for double posting then... I agree it takes a bit of math to actually compare buildings, so most people don´t bother. For people that don´t want to do the math simply assume: When comparing a standard factory/WS to a building producing the same type of good (even if the absolute number is lower), without costing population it will be more efficient, if their level is comparable.

Or to make it even easier: factories and WS are the worst buildings in the game: If you have anything else making the same thing (and being of similar level) it will be better. Obviously a simplification, but a far more accurate comparison than just looking at /square productions. Population makes a HUGE difference.

DeletedUser7526

Or to make it even easier: factories and WS are the worst buildings in the game: If you have anything else making the same thing (and being of similar level) it will be better. Obviously a simplification, but a far more accurate comparison than just looking at /square productions. Population makes a HUGE difference.
It’s relative as it depends on what you compare it with.
If you compare with carnival set per say, you will come to a different opinion.

Gargon667

Mentor
It’s relative as it depends on what you compare it with.
If you compare with carnival set per say, you will come to a different opinion.

The banquet Hall from the Jesters set? Infinitely more efficient than a WS.

By definition the worst of all is actually not relative. It is worse than everything else and you can compare it to whatever you want, it will always be worse. Now I realize that some buildings are not meant as supply producing buildings and just produce a handful of them as an afterthought (they might possibly be worse than a WS, I haven´t done the Math on every single building) Let´s say any Supply building I checked was better than WS.

DeletedUser9739

I love this idea because the world of Lotr actually has a kind of airship (and I love that universe). And the whole thing being assembled like the library set instead of evolutions this time is an interesting idea.

rock stream

Scholar
ah there is was sorry for double posting then... I agree it takes a bit of math to actually compare buildings, so most people don´t bother. For people that don´t want to do the math simply assume: When comparing a standard factory/WS to a building producing the same type of good (even if the absolute number is lower), without costing population it will be more efficient, if their level is comparable.

I would love to see your math. Have you been able to reduce it to a formula?

DeletedUser6848

I would love to see your math. Have you been able to reduce it to a formula?
If you want a simple version, ignore the supplies the manufactory needs and just work out:
1. Pop per square from a residence
2. Culture per square from the most efficient culture building you’ve unlocked (If you’re past Woodelves I maybe wouldn’t bother as culture becomes a byproduct of the all mana you need)
3. Multiply the population needed for the manufactory by the number from (1)
4. Multiply the culture needed for the manufactory by the number from (2)
5. Add (3) and (4) to the footprint size of your manufactory.

That will get you closer to the true amount of space your manufactory is taking in your city.

It will still be an underestimate because it doesn’t include:
* the culture for the residence
* the workshop space needed for the supplies for each production
* the population and culture space needed for the workshops that produce the supplies

BUT as Gargon says the population is the thing that uses by far the most extra space, so if you at least include that you’ll be at a more realistic figure.

the full maths is such a pain to redo all the time I built a spreadsheet that works it all out from a load of stats and formulas. That way I always have a pretty accurate idea of true per square output for supplies, pop, goods, mana, seeds etc etc to use to evaluate event buildings. Also I like building spreadsheets.

eness

Seeker
@Silmaril
With respect to the set buildings, is it intentional that there are only 2 connection bonuses for the two 2x3 buildings, and only 3 connection bonuses for the two 3x3 buildings, when various configurations will provide additional unique connections (with NO duplicate buildings, of course)?

Last edited:
Dear Inno

Over the past three years i have had my deal of frustration with your game. Last year you had one or two terrible events and i seriously considered to just stop playing Elvenar altogether. If it was not for the fact that i brought two friends into the game i would really have stopped.The evolving buildings were a nice idea but if you really do the maths not really worth it. That is why you will see the last two buildings with 10 relics each in my storage not my city. Also after many excuses and promises you have still not fixed the newsletter issue.

That being said, I have to complement you on this event. The graphics are beautiful! It is achievable and you allow me to move as fast as i want to for the first 99 quests. This is important to me because real life in the past has made me miss out on prizes. I love the log-on bonus and the fact that in quests with research or scouting you give us an alternative. Also the fact that the daily prizes repeat (at least that is what it looks like in beta). As this gives a person double the chance of winning the airship. I know many people complain about the size of set buildings but this set is manageable and i will find a space for it in my city even if i have to erase evolving buildings. Please know that i am truly enjoying this event and thank you for not peppering us with a fellowship adventure after each and every event. Mini challenges and events makes it a lot more fun.

Thank you for the thought and consideration that you have put into this event. Please continue like this for the future.

Kind regards
Penelope
;):)

Timneh

Artisan
This event seems OK so far but there are (in my opinion) too many quests to produce supplies and gain relics. I'm not really interested in the set buildings but there are a few daily prizes i would like so i'm doing the event just to try and get those.

Pauly7

Magus
I'm only playing this event to make myself a temporary Orc farm out of Orc Ships. They will last until the next time there's a Fellowship Adventure, at which point I will delete them all.