• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

AI Improvement - Make Frogs target Dogs first

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
I frequently use one or two Frogs in my troop composition in Tournament or Spire fights specifically to shoot down an enemy Dog, and then I let my Mages do the rest. This is very effective when I fight manually, but it doesn't work as well in auto-fighting, because it seems that the Frogs will not target the Dogs first in all cases, leading to significant losses among my mages.
I think this would be a worthwhile improvement to auto-fighting AI. I wonder if if there would be any downsides though? In manual fighting, it is very rare that I let my Frogs target other units first, even when there are Dogs on the field, but it does happen. But since the other scenario is a lot more frequent, I'd be fine with that. What do others think?

SkyRider99

Mentor
I only auto-fight, so cannot really decide either way. Similar to yourself I deploy heavy ranged Frogs when there are enemy light melee that may attack my mages. I have mixed success with that. I would like to see the Frogs go for dogs and light melee on a more consistent and effective basis though. Attacking enemy light melee is supposed to be Frogs 'advantage', so more focus would be better.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I frequently use one or two Frogs in my troop composition in Tournament or Spire fights specifically to shoot down an enemy Dog, and then I let my Mages do the rest. This is very effective when I fight manually, but it doesn't work as well in auto-fighting, because it seems that the Frogs will not target the Dogs first in all cases, leading to significant losses among my mages.
I think this would be a worthwhile improvement to auto-fighting AI. I wonder if if there would be any downsides though? In manual fighting, it is very rare that I let my Frogs target other units first, even when there are Dogs on the field, but it does happen. But since the other scenario is a lot more frequent, I'd be fine with that. What do others think?
The frogs seem to target by initiative order from my observations so yeah, it makes a mess of things autofighting. Same thing with Rangers/Archers vs mage. You'd pair them to target mages manual fighting, but in autofights, they meander off to target mist walkers, archers, and crossbowmen. Also making a mess. I don't pick the same lineup when I manual fight vs. autofight due to these differences.