• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Advanced Scouts & Expansions

Pauly7

Magus
1.What else, besides the range, determines the strength of opponents when capturing provinces?
2.Does it depend on the level of the town hall or only on the head of research?
3.Also at tournaments or in the spire? o_O
Distance from your city is the factor to look at, but there are other factors which will determine your strength compared to theirs. Increased squadsize makes a big difference, as can several of the military Ancient Wonders.

Right now tournaments are the opposite. More squadsize techs researched will make them harder, but that is likely to change soon if the new tournament format makes it to Live, which will make the tournament fighting difficulty increase based on a more complex system as factors, such as number of researches completed, number of expansions placed, number of Ancient Wonder levels that you have.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
1. As far as I know, only the range. SS Upgrades will make your team stronger, but not your provinces.

2. Research tree. Advanced Scouts will make your province scout costs, times, and the enemies/carters inside. SS will make you stronger. With upcoming tournament changes, it might be a good idea to research them. I personally prefer not to until changes are official.

3. Tournaments were heavily affected by your SS upgrades (the more, the worse for you), however, the core mechanics of the tournaments is drastically changing atm. Apparently, it is going to be like in the Spire, that basically keeps into account: your tree advancement, the number of expansions your city has, the total amount of levels your AWs have, and a few more factors. SS upgrades will become helpful, but as I said, I would rather hold on to them as we are unaware of what will happen finally with the tournaments. They removed settlement goods from them, so that will not be an issue.

Hope it helps @BorisUr

CrazyWizard

Shaman
1.What else, besides the range, determines the strength of opponents when capturing provinces?

The scouting cost determines how strong they are, (in SS numbers)
Your SS vs the enemy SS determins if the color is blue, green, yellow, red or dark red.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Distance from your city is the factor to look at, but there are other factors which will determine your strength compared to theirs. Increased squadsize makes a big difference, as can several of the military Ancient Wonders.

Right now tournaments are the opposite. More squadsize techs researched will make them harder, but that is likely to change soon if the new tournament format makes it to Live, which will make the tournament fighting difficulty increase based on a more complex system as factors, such as number of researches completed, number of expansions placed, number of Ancient Wonder levels that you have.

In short it will make it much harder for everyone who does more than the bare minimum ;)
But if you never liked the tournaments anyway and thought 1600 was already a drag, they will make it easier for you.

Gargon667

Mentor

1. Distance from your town, number of provinces scouted, number of advanced scout techs activated. Your SS influences the difficulty (by having more units to fight compared to the enemy), but does not change the enemy size.

2. No influence of MH, not sure what you mean with the other half.

3. No, tourney and spire function completely differently.

Gargon667

Mentor
dammit didn´t see there was a second page lol

BorisUr

Dreamer
Is it necessary to understand that with ten provinces available, it will be easier to capture one province at a time after scouting (one after the other immediately after scouting), than to explore all ten, and then capture them all? :oops:

Lelanya

Mentor
:)
Hi Boris, it depends on your chapter. I like to have one province of each type on hand, but I sure couldn't afford that at chapter 2 or 3. I am holding with chapter 15 and 16 in my big cities, and the scout takes 2 days, then I have lots of open provinces just waiting for an event with lots of encounter and relic quests.

To be clear I am holding because I run the original 10 chest Fellowship with my main account, and it has an incredible blueprint run, so I am waiting on word whether it is going to detrimental to my city to actually move forward at all.