• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Active/inactive players

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser2215

When trying to find active players it is not easy by just looking at the players city alone as no indication is given that the player is active or not. One has to look at tens of hundred’s cities and the try and decide which players are active or not. This process is very time consuming at not always successful. Not all the players make use of the Forum when looking for players.

If a player is looking for a FS he/she can quickly determine which FS’s are looking for players by just looking at the quantity of players in the FS. They can then make enquiries about joining the FS.

Could it not be possible to have an indication next to the players name whether they are active or not. FS’s can then invite these players and as they still have to accept the invitation or decline the invite it would not be a problem. This will save a lot of time looking and hoping. It would be easy to make these adjustments as the Game Controllers know which are the active players as they routinely get rid of inactive players.

cwgiii

Shaman
I totally agree that recruiting for a Fellowship is SEVERELY difficult. Archmages (at the minimum) need some tool(s) to help. The time involved to begin and maintain a fellowship is intensive on it's own (separate and apart from the recruiting process). Recruiting then becomes a full time job in itself. I am in favor of ANYTHING that would make the recruiting process easier, more efficient, more fruitful.

Seeing players activity/inactivity is a first step (logged in last time-stamp).
Seeing if folks are even interested in joining or changing fellowships (IN GAME) is another. (some sort of opt-in listing or indicator)
OR, eliminating those that never intend to join a fellowship would help too (some sort of opt-out from any listing). Opt-In / Opt-out might help alleviate privacy concerns that have been expressed in the past. Agreed, Forum users represent only a fraction or those actively playing the game. I am convinced that there are a huge number of folks that drop out of game because they never even discover: The Forum, The Wiki, The benefits of Fellowship, etc.

Then there are those of us that try to go a bit deeper:

Being able to sort available players (folks that are interested) by category:
Boosted goods
Ancient Wonders (acquired vs. wanted)
Trade preferences ("fair" trade i.e 2-star trades or better, cross tier trade, etc. inclusive and exclusive)
Score (inclusive or exclusive)
Play style (military vs. pacifist)
Construction activity (built last time-stamp)
etc.

There are sooo many qualifiers / dis-qualifiers that are used to select potential fellows by many fellowships out there. I am not saying all of these are needed. But SOMETHING is definitely needed to help us recruiters out. Simply throwing darts out at the Rankings list is not working.

DeletedUser4149

you should see my response in the general discussion under the thread"this is strange". they won't remove people who bought diamonds that have been inactive for over 1 year, even if they sold every building and declared they've quit. they won't enforce their own policy of not allowing push accounts so many people created even more of those. who wants these push accounts in their fellowship? they take kp earned from tournaments and send them to another city in another fellowship while the push account barely grows, trades, or visits neighbors or fellows. it can take time to realize a new player is actually a push account. they could put a cap of 50 or 100 kp that any one city can donate to another per month, 2 months, or 1 chapter. something. they could also delete flagrant violators of this rule. they could also make the fellowship that a city belongs to clearly visible in the tournament rankings or have an icon on the map for a city that has played this week. so, yeah, lots of other people are dropping out of the game because they never discover the benefits of a good fellowship, as cwgiii said. some folks find junky fellowships of push accounts that also look like new players, like themselves, and won't find a fellowship that's willing to help them learn the game. dead or half dead cities need to go. half dead cities need to be more limited on how much they can help their owner's primary city. that would discourage their use and people's willingness to create them. the game makers should have enforced their original rule. people always say they have strict rules about every other subject. the strict rule against push accounts went out the window long ago. these cities ruin neighborhoods and make recruiting more difficult. don't get me wrong. i'm having fun playing or I wouldn't be here complaining and trying to make it better. I've wasted a lot of time recruiting because of these half dead cities. there's so many of them, people feel that they're at a disadvantage by not having their own push accounts, so even more are created. these cities make it even harder to find good cities to recruit

Lelanya

Mentor
Chuck and Yo Momma
I find it easy to recruit in Winyandor. But Arendyll where Chuck is recruiting is harder certainly . I put my adds out there, write folks I used to game with, and ask new players about their connections. But I do not bother with cold contacts cause you get part-time players and yeah those accounts that never grow but always seem to return visits....

DeletedUser4149

yes, creating the 3rd world didn't help recruiting in the first 2 worlds. wasn't one world for an elf and 1 world for a human enough?

DeletedUser441

As you scout Provinces you discover more neighbours. By seeing who trades and helps you by doing neighbourly help you will find out who is active in your neighbourhood. :)

DeletedUser1084

I am not up to keeping a list of players that trade. As for those that help it is a different story. I am just looking for some type of notification in the fellowship as to their activity. This is done in Forge of Empires and it is done with what we call a traffic light. If you don't play for 2 days you get yellow dot. If you don't play for 5 days the dot turns yellow. Blue dots are players that get on every day.
It seems like Inno is trying to get this game into failure status. Buildings changing size with every race (at least if we could rotate the darn things) As for FA latest improvement made me vote to forget doing it. I don't buy diamonds anymore as I keep getting the urge to quit. Expansions are difficult for me to come by as I am not a great fighter. Oh well, it isn't like anyone cares at Inno

Status
Not open for further replies.