• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Achievements function

I would suggest that an achievements function would be a great feature for the game.
There could be person achievements to unlock but the idea first came for Fellowship ones.
They can be challenges that encourage working together towards a goal and provide rewards back to the fellowship.
For example:
- first time FS achieves 15 chests in Tourney - receive a reward
- all FS members complete Spire to the end, in the same week - receive a reward
- Donate 1 million spell fragments as an FS - receive a unique building
- Every FS member score 1000+/2000+/3000+ in a tourney, in the same week

An achievement list provides something to work towards together and can encourage planning and combined efforts to accomplish a unique reward and check that one off the list.

Gargon667

Mentor
I like the idea!
But I would also like some more difficult challenges for FS that are more competitive. All the above we´ve already done, so it would be rather boring for us. Well we obviously didn´t donate any spell fragments but since I have nearly a million myself that would be done within 10 seconds of the challenge coming up...

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Please do not forget that this is why we have the Rankings in Elvenar. Every individual or Fellowship can see exactly where they are placed within the game at any time from a genereal point of view, the Spire of Eternity and the Fellowship Adventures.

Gargon667

Mentor
Please do not forget that this is why we have the Rankings in Elvenar. Every individual or Fellowship can see exactly where they are placed within the game at any time from a genereal point of view, the Spire of Eternity and the Fellowship Adventures.

saying that you might want to at least add the same for tourneys? I suppose tourneys still are the most popular of the 3 team events even after the changes? Or maybe even more so?
But the randomness of the ranking screens has been pointed out before...

But that was not really what @denose asked for I think. The idea was to make certain "achievements" like most app and games have like one time things you can do to get a little reward. Even this forum here has these ranks for posting/getting likes...

Timneh

Artisan
I am against anything that might cause players to be pressured into doing more things in fellowships. It's bad enough that some push members to do more in the spire and tournaments.

Deleted User - 341074

Rankings ≠ Achievements.

Rankings are created by comparing players' scores which are made up of
  • Completed Provinces
  • Wonder Levels
  • Required pop&culture
  • Tournament top 100 finishes.
Achievements are self-contained game goals that offer challenges, satisfy goal-oriented players, and allow others to see your accomplishments
  • Reaching bronze/silver/gold spire (this achievement already exists in-game as a medal on the FS page)
  • Reaching chapter X (this achievement already exists in-game with rewards such as new avatars and city art on the world map)
  • Reaching X score
  • Completing X tournament chests for the first time
  • Having a full FS of 25 members for the first time
  • Getting 10 chests in the [steel] tournament for the first time. (this ALSO ticks one of 9 boxes for the Full Cycle achievement)
  • Completing 10 [crystal] provinces then 25, then 50
  • Logging in 30 days in a row
  • Provide neighborly help 10, 25, 100, 1,000, 10,000 times
  • Solve 1,000 tournament encounters
There can be a vast array of minor or major rewards for completing these. One of the more interesting rewards for an achievement that doesn't' cause any balancing issues is the awarding of titles:

For example a player who completes the Achievement
"Solve 10,000 encounters (of any kind) without fighting"
Earns the title "the negotiator" so that on the forums and on the fellowship/rankings pages their name shows up as
"SoggyShorts the negotiator"

Or "Fight and win an encounter with no losses"
"Soggyshorts the bloodless"

Or have a player accept your FS invitation
"SoggyShorts the diplomat" (the recruiter?)

Anyways, players can then select their title from a drop-down containing all of those that they have unlocked.

The possibilities are quite literally endless. Some should be extremely easy and simply award "Achievement points" while others like the final neighborly help task of 10,000 visits would reward a title, and/or coin/supply instants(since those are relative to visits)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea!
But I would also like some more difficult challenges for FS that are more competitive. All the above we´ve already done, so it would be rather boring for us. Well we obviously didn´t donate any spell fragments but since I have nearly a million myself that would be done within 10 seconds of the challenge coming up...
Totally agree with you. There could be many more, such as SoggyShorts has mentioned as well and several achievements can have a scale for beginner to advanced levels of players in the values/quantities of the achievement.

DaisyButton

Novice
Can I ask why the top 50 are recognised, and then 51, 52 are missing and it goes on to 53, 54 then 55. Where are 51 and 52?

Gargon667

Mentor
@DaisyButton Probably because there was a 3-way tie for 50th.

Interesting idea, but
1. I find it highly unlikely that 3 FS have EXACTLY the same ranking points
2.The game doesn´t do ties as far as I can tell. It always shows ranks in order and if the same numbers show up twice, the one who got there first has the higher rank.